or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › New PowerBooks tomorrow.

New PowerBooks tomorrow. - Page 22  

post #841 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by pscates
Holy crap, I didn't even notice that!!!

I'm officially a DORK!

Sound the trumpets and bring in the cake! Let the party begin!

Holy cow...4000 posts. That has to put me into some sort of special club, right?

"The Nitwits With No Life" one, I'd imagine....

Wow! Four thousand posts... That's just sad on so many levels!!
Pismo, Deus Ex Machina.
Pismo, Deus Ex Machina.
post #842 of 874
In my defense, it HAS taken a while.

But I do post a lot. I need to get banned...
post #843 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by pscates
In my defense, it HAS taken a while.

Yeah? How old are you then??
Pismo, Deus Ex Machina.
Pismo, Deus Ex Machina.
post #844 of 874
Well I bit.... I am going to school next week and I told myself if they didn't come out today I would buy. I got a 12" PowerBook with a Superdrive. Even if they do come out with new ones soon I need a computer for school and I got a really good deal.. What do you guys think..????
I love the miniBook!!! Oh yeah!!!
I love the miniBook!!! Oh yeah!!!
post #845 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by Teddy
Well I bit.... I am going to school next week and I told myself if they didn't come out today I would buy. I got a 12" PowerBook with a Superdrive. Even if they do come out with new ones soon I need a computer for school and I got a really good deal.. What do you guys think..????

I told my slef the same thing, BUT...everyone says theyll be coming THIS WEEK..so i extended my dealine till next tuesday, but then again I dont go back to scholl untill sept 20, so I got time.
post #846 of 874
Disappointed again... Oh the life!
Pismo, Deus Ex Machina.
Pismo, Deus Ex Machina.
post #847 of 874
The Register has a new article about impending PBs: PowerBook updates

It'd be cool if they come out one day this week. Would it be disappointing if the 15 ends up with a 1.25 GHz G4? I don't think so. I'd get one.
post #848 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by Teddy

depends on where/from whom you ordered (if not picked up already?)

worst case, new model ships with more stuff for less money just after restock-free period
effectively leaving you with instant "last generation" product just as new stuff replaces it, unless you want to take a hit in open-box return or pay >10% for restocking and hope new PB prices still net out a savings (such as if you're getting an Edu bundle with $300 off iPod as sweetener)

best case, new model announced... you cancel order and upgrade to more for less in same shipment

if you bought with a Credit Card, you should get an extra window to return or replace merchandise,
but the details of how long you can "wait" or "upgrade" your PB before you're "committed" to that model depend on terms and conditions from your vendor in your jurisdiction.

murbot seems to know a lot about the timing of product ordering -vs.- Apple New Product

as far as good computer for your needs (new models unseen)?

a Supadrive Footlong should do nicely for most tasks, especially with max RAM,
but to say it's the best choice depends what you'll be using it for
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
post #849 of 874
When will Apple have a right click option on the TrackPads of iBooks / Powerbooks?

Will the new 12", 15", 17" Powerbooks have USB 2.0?
Will the new 12", 15", 17" Powerbooks have FireWire 800?

Wish List: 12" Powerbook 1.3 Ghz, 512 DDR, 32 Video DDR, 60G, a "full" TrackPad, USB 1 / 2.0, FireWire 400 / 800. BlueTooh built in. All in a thinner case (cost under 1,499$) ---- NOW that would be the "year of the laptop" - [COLOR=blue]

When will Apple have a right click option on the TrackPads of iBooks / Powerbooks?
post #850 of 874
iOnline - I merged your post into this thread because we already have too many PowerBook speculation threads going.

Apple will ship a two button trackpad when they ship a two button mouse standard. They'll ship a two button mouse standard when the interface requires two buttons to use, which, if Apple has any interest in keeping the Mac Mac-like, it never will. Get a two-button rodent and be happy.

Information on the specs of the PowerBooks is thin on the ground; Think Secret has posted a nugget of information, as has PowerBook maven Jason O'Grady, and the Register just pitched in (all these sources are linked in this thread, or in the Poll thread nearby), but the level of detail you're asking for is not yet to be found.

Apple's done a great job of keeping a tight lid on the 'Books, alas.
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!

Original music:
post #851 of 874
How reliable is a confirmation from O' Grady?

They make it sound like this week is apples ideal hit date...I guess any of the weeks between now and paris are possibilities.
0 People Found This Reply Helpful
post #852 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by ast3r3x
How reliable is a confirmation from O' Grady?

Not very; nor is the Register's Tony Smith especially reliable.

Quote:
They make it sound like this week is apples ideal hit date...I guess any of the weeks between now and paris are possibilities.

Good man.

Original music:

Original music:
post #853 of 874
Think Secret has been very accurate, IMO.

They were right about new iBooks in April, the new iPod, and the Apple Music Store, amongst other things. They make every other rumor site look like child's play.
You think Im an arrogant [expletive] who thinks hes above the law, and I think youre a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong. Steve Jobs
You think Im an arrogant [expletive] who thinks hes above the law, and I think youre a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong. Steve Jobs
post #854 of 874
THE APPLE STORE IS DOWN!!!!

just kidding... sorry, I couldn't resist. What the hell, whats one more week.....

post #855 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by Amorph
Good man.

I figured about 50/50 chance for today.

I hoped that if I make simple and random statements, it will look like I put almost no faith into today
post #856 of 874
It's funny we havn't heard anything from sources at asia for awhile...
post #857 of 874
No new Powerbook yet, guys.

But check your local Apple Store tomorrow if you want to see and try the G5s.

Panther hath spoken.
Panther.
Panther.
post #858 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by Addicted2Macs
THE APPLE STORE IS DOWN!!!!

just kidding... sorry, I couldn't resist. What the hell, whats one more week.....

I will KILL YOU!
post #859 of 874
Does anyone else find it strangely apropos that this topic was started by soulcrusher?

...crushing souls for over a month and a half...
post #860 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by ast3r3x
I figured about 50/50 chance for today.

I hoped that if I make simple and random statements, it will look like I put almost no faith into today

so, what's the chances for tomorrow....
I heard that geeks are a dime a dozen, I just want to find out who's been passin' out the dimes
----- Fred Blassie 1964
I heard that geeks are a dime a dozen, I just want to find out who's been passin' out the dimes
----- Fred Blassie 1964
post #861 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by Bigc

2/96...the other 2 percent, well I have no idea what it is, but it kinda scares me
post #862 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by Bigc

I don't know what the chances are for tomorrow...but I think the chances for sometime this week are good.
post #863 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by DHagan4755
I don't know what the chances are for tomorrow...but I think the chances for sometime this week are good.

I concur.
post #864 of 874
Apple has released products on days other than Tuesdays. The last revision of the 15-inch PowerBook was done on a Wednesday. That's right! Wednesday, November 6th, as a matter of fact. It was supposed to be the 5th, but that day was Election Day, bad PR so they bumped it up a day to Wednesday. The previous revision prior to that was done on a Monday morning, along with the debut of the eMac.

Also, Think Secret, which is very accurate, said:

Quote:
It's unclear when Apple plans to announce the upgrades, but one Apple retail source said the new 15-inch and 17-inch models are expected to arrive later this week.

Key wording there being "later this week."

Please don't get your hopes up, folks!

Think Secret nailed the iPod details before it came out, nailed the update to the last rev of the iBook, and details surrouding Mac OS X updates, and the iTMS. If you want to look back in the archives of Think Secret just to get the gist of how pretty accurate they are, only then will you have faith that new PowerBooks are very near!
post #865 of 874
Tomorrow would be awesome, but I expect absolutely nothing. I am no longer happy until I can buy a PBook because I wanted it for school.
post #866 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by DHagan4755
Apple has released products on days other than Tuesdays. The last revision of the 15-inch PowerBook was done on a Wednesday. That's right! Wednesday, November 6th, as a matter of fact. It was supposed to be the 5th, but that day was Election Day, bad PR so they bumped it up a day to Wednesday. The previous revision prior to that was done on a Monday morning, along with the debut of the eMac.

Also, Think Secret, which is very accurate, said:

Key wording there being "later this week."

Please don't get your hopes up, folks!

Think Secret nailed the iPod details before it came out, nailed the update to the last rev of the iBook, and details surrouding Mac OS X updates, and the iTMS. If you want to look back in the archives of Think Secret just to get the gist of how pretty accurate they are, only then will you have faith that new PowerBooks are very near!

Your post was worth your copy n' pasting from macforums in that it was worth your repeating Think Secret is better than must sites. But we should remember even though Think Secret got the date of the last 15ti announcement right they were dead wrong in saying bluetooth was a shoe-in and a superdrive wasn't. Also they got blindsided along with every other site by the 12 and 17 inchers' January announcements.
Whatever - I think the 15 will be updated this week but if anybody (eg Powerpage) speculated on specs, I wouldn't trust 'em.
post #867 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander
Does anyone else find it strangely apropos that this topic was started by soulcrusher?

...crushing souls for over a month and a half...

Not to mention his being strangely silent thru all of this......
-Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of...
-Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of...
post #868 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by onit
Also they got blindsided along with every other site by the 12 and 17 inchers' January announcements.

Macrumors had the scoop several hours before the release, but that's neither here nor there.

Quote:
It's unclear when Apple plans to announce the upgrades, but one Apple retail source said the new 15-inch and 17-inch models are expected to arrive later this week.

Anyone else find the nature of the source slightly odd?
j00u = twh funnay.
j00u = twh funnay.
post #869 of 874

patiently waiting...
patiently waitin...u
patiently waiti...un
patiently wait...und
patiently wai...unde
patiently wa...unden
patiently w...undeni
patiently ...undenia
patientl ...undeniab
patient ...undeniabl
patien ...undeniably
patie ...undeniably
pati ...undeniably i
pat ...undeniably in
pa ...undeniably ins
p ...undeniably insa
 ...undeniably insan
...undeniably insane
..undeniably insane.
.undeniably insane..
undeniably insane...
post #870 of 874
Look at this: Link,holy crap, the link

This is also the guy that dose Macwhispers.

"Well, now your G4 (or PPC 970) Powerbook can run just as cool as it looks"
I have no sanity, Michael Dell, and his invisible penguin armada took it away.
I have no sanity, Michael Dell, and his invisible penguin armada took it away.
post #871 of 874
For what it's worth my local apple store got a whole bunch of current 15" laptops in this morning (Wednesday) after an Apple created hiatus. Opinion was that new versions might be due by timelines but there is no word and no new discoutn being given to get rid of what might soon be superceded stock.

Jason - Sydney
post #872 of 874
Must you be educated about this "gentleman" who pawns his junk and spreads bogus information?

One word: MacTable.

Happy hunting.
"Be entirely tolerant or not at all; follow the good path or the evil one. To stand at the crossroads requires more strength than you possess."

"Ordinarily he was insane, but he had lucid moments...
"Be entirely tolerant or not at all; follow the good path or the evil one. To stand at the crossroads requires more strength than you possess."

"Ordinarily he was insane, but he had lucid moments...
post #873 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by fred_lj
Must you be educated about this "gentleman" who pawns his junk and spreads bogus information?

One word: MacTable.

Happy hunting.

Reminds me of the guy a couple years ago that put G5 as a requirement on some of his software so that he could get site hits, slickjack is about the same.
----- Fred Blassie 1964
----- Fred Blassie 1964
post #874 of 874
this beast has gone long enough.

someone go make the perpetual new PowerBooks tomorrow thread, or something.

and no more talking about paul scates' posting habits, or that moron @ macwhispers.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › New PowerBooks tomorrow.