or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Personal Attacks: Again

Personal Attacks: Again  

post #1 of 65
Please Read: I have made every attempt to deal with this without starting another thread. Unfortunately, very little progress has been made. My apologies in advance if some here don't feel this is the way to deal with it, but it needs to be brought up again.

I will absoltutely not mention any names here. However, we have a few members, particularly in AO that are way, way over the top...and have been for some time. I've asked nicely. I'm PM'd moderators (and many have tried to be helpful...for the record), but it continues.

If we are going to have posting guidelines, they need to be enforced, and enforced equally. Things get heated, and we ALL utter the ocassional "are you out of your mind?" comment now and then, make jokes, poke fun, etc. What I am talking about goes much further. I am talking about people being called "stupid", "idiot", etc. I am talking about people accusing others of not having "comprehension skills". I am talking about certain members literally following other members around and insulting them after EVERY post. This cannot continue. These members need to be suspended and/or banned.

This is not meant to be a review of moderators' performance, or a criticism of a moderators in general. I appreciate their efforts greatly. This just needs to come to the top of the AI community's radar.

Thanks. Please PM me if you'd like specifics.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #2 of 65
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
Please Read: I have made every attempt to deal with this without starting another thread. Unfortunately, very little progress has been made. My apologies in advance if some here don't feel this is the way to deal with it, but it needs to be brought up again.

I will absoltutely not mention any names here. However, we have a few members, particularly in AO that are way, way over the top...and have been for some time. I've asked nicely. I'm PM'd moderators (and many have tried to be helpful...for the record), but it continues.

If we are going to have posting guidelines, they need to be enforced, and enforced equally. Things get heated, and we ALL utter the ocassional "are you out of your mind?" comment now and then, make jokes, poke fun, etc. What I am talking about goes much further. I am talking about people being called "stupid", "idiot", etc. I am talking about people accusing others of not having "comprehension skills". I am talking about certain members literally following other members around and insulting them after EVERY post. This cannot continue. These members need to be suspended and/or banned.

This is not meant to be a review of moderators' performance, or a criticism of a moderators in general. I appreciate their efforts greatly. This just needs to come to the top of the AI community's radar.

Trouble is, some of the AO Ai regulars are mentally ( or physically ) a bit on the baby side of young & don't fully understand the need to avoid ranting..harrassment...

If I may add a further point, I am rather concerned that some members seem fit to title posts with actual peoples names..

Like ...Fred Bloggs is a Retard.

I appreciate that freedom of speech is allowed under the constitution, but then I fear that Appleinsider might be leaving themselves wide open to being sued by that person...even though conditional membership states that such comments do not represent the opinion of appleInsider.com.

That in itself might not be enough to cover Ai's backside...legally that is, because such an aggrieved party might argue that appleinsider was party to such slander..by allowing that post titles to be viewed without censure.

Thereby damaging the reputation & standing of the person named in the title post.

So maybe it might be a good idea to ask members to refrain from naming individually identifiable persons in a thread title...

It would demonstrate a level of maturity commensurate with the Ai ideal.
8)
There are 3 types of people in the world.

Those who count.

&

Those who can't.

Those who count.

&

Those who can't.
post #3 of 65
I received your PMs, as did the other moderators I'm sure. I looked at the thread(s) in question and what I saw was ranting and raving on both sides of the issue, heated arguments, etc.

The fact is, you choose to participate in it and you write posts that trigger such responses. When someone turns around and says something back, you come running screaming its against the guidelines, do something about it.

I try hard to keep an eye on everything, but to be completely honest, where would you like me to draw the line in some of these things? It's very hard at times.

I think everyone in AppleOutsider needs to chill. In my opinion its a weak spot in the forum because of the immaturity in it. If it were up to me, it wouldn't even exist, or at least exist in its current form.

If you have any issues or problems or complaint, feel free to PM me, I do read them and so do the other moderators. I'll take a closer look at the threads but you can't expect me to just close a thread or edit a post or reprimand someone simply because you made a post that angered them or that they strongly disagree with and maybe are pretty blunt in how they tell you that.
post #4 of 65
A suggestion:

Close AO for a week. Its almost impossible to go through that place without sinking into the manure of personal insults. So one week of readjusting the insult generator to low and tolerance level to high may save that place

You know I like heated discussions but harsh critisism of arguments (which is okay in my book) often leads personal insulting reactions.
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
post #5 of 65
a week?

i say forever
post #6 of 65
well I do like a good old argument / discussion but without resorting to name calling etc... express your opinions but also respect those of others.

That said, I have not gone anywhere near AO for ages. Seems the best answer. And if AO were to go, then I for one, wouldn't miss it.
"Choice. The problem is choice."
-- Neo
"Choice. The problem is choice."
-- Neo
post #7 of 65
FSC demonstrated a few things...
  • spleen is inevitable when people can't separate arguments from individuals
  • outlets for spleen keep the other forums more productive

The closure of FSC has resulted in an increase in spleen in many threads in AO,
which now seems to attract all the political extremism that used to live in FSC.

I'd vote to keep an outlet valve, rather than force the fringe back into the big pool
and completely closing AO would deprive us of occasionally humourous and oddball reads

learn to use the ignore button if certain people bug you
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
post #8 of 65
Quote:
Originally posted by curiousuburb
FSC demonstrated a few things...
  • spleen is inevitable when people can't separate arguments from individuals
  • outlets for spleen keep the other forums more productive

The closure of FSC has resulted in an increase in spleen in many threads in AO,
which now seems to attract all the political extremism that used to live in FSC.

I'd vote to keep an outlet valve, rather than force the fringe back into the big pool
and completely closing AO would deprive us of occasionally humourous and oddball reads

learn to use the ignore button if certain people bug you

The problem with FSC (if you mean that extra board for political threads that was in function for a couple of weeks I can´t remember the name of) was this.

FSC was a mud pit of personal insults and barely any substance.
AO was about what someone was listening to right now, what their favorite colour was and puppy pictures.

There was no middleground. No place to discuss serious issues in a decent manner. FSC was dirt and AO was fluffy clouds. Neither is very exiting on the long run (the concept of both heaven and hell is unpleasent for me of the same reasons)
post #9 of 65
Quote:
Originally posted by applenut
a week?

i say forever

Can we vote on this? I agree 100%. It'd be cool to have a computer ONLY messageboard
Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip
Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip
post #10 of 65
Obviously this situation needs to be addressed so that those on both sides of the issue can feel like a just outcome is implemented for all involved.

AppleOutsider, while often controversial, shouldn't be eliminated from these forums. I think the underlying problem that many are having with the environment in AO lately is two-fold:[list=1][*]Those posting negative comments about others in AO SHOULD be more respectful of others' views. While negative comments and name-calling isn't grounds for any legal recourse (I can go further into defamation statutes if some wish me to), members here need to realize that every single user name on this site is attached to a person. Name-calling and libelous language -- which the author may think is acceptable due to the nature of this being a world-wide internet site -- is a potentially dangerous thing to do since any single person may take those comments very personally and seriously. I would ask that users here be more respectful and remember the golden rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. It's not hard, and it's simply courteous -- even on an internet site.[*]On the flip side of the coin, posters here should understand that this IS a world-wide internet forum, and posters come from a variety of backgrounds, educations, and ATTITUDES. I would encourage all readers to take everything EVERYONE says here with a gigantic grain of salt. Even the insults such as "John Doe is an idiot," which name specific names should be carefully and specifically analyzed to determine if what's being said is specific and damaging enough to the named person to justify swift and overwhelming action by the moderators and administrators on these forums. It's not likely that what is written would be so damaging that a person's actual reputation in society is damaged by such comments. Drastic measures and specific, private information would have to be disclosed for this to occur. It's also not likely that enough users here would be so negatively swayed by an author's words that the person's reputation here is corrupted. Remember: There are enough level-headed users here that if a person really is an "idiot," everybody else will know that without having to be told.[/list=1]

With all those things said, I suggest that moderators and administrators *continue* to do the job their doing, denouncing those who call names, and as a safety measure, edit any comments which name a specific person. I also suggest that users here post responsibly, remembering the posting guidelines and understanding that it's better to post comments ON THE TOPIC AT HAND than to risk damaging your own "reputation" here by becoming a mud-slinging, name-calling poster. It's okay to have your own opinion on a matter. Just remember that it's okay for the OTHER GUY to have a different opinion than yours. He/she shouldn't be criticized just because you don't agree with them. Readers, if you don't like what another person here is saying, ignore the person. If AO is upsetting to you, try leaving it for a little while -- or altogether. NO web site is important enough for you to get upset over. Some have left AO and been very happy. If you don't consider these as an option, ignore what's said. Don't feed someone else's ego by letting them get to you. Pretend the post never occurred and move along.

Come on folks, we're all reasonable people here. Be mature and let's all just get along. I'm open to all of your comments. Thank you for your attention.
Discuss reasonably. Play nice. Don't hate. Peace out.
Discuss reasonably. Play nice. Don't hate. Peace out.
post #11 of 65
i'm all for forum nazi's and a few selective bannings, but then again it ain't my forum.
post #12 of 65
For what it's worth, I'm well into my third (maybe fourth? I don't know...) week of a true, hardline self-imposed AO exile (took inspiration from thegelding).

I enjoy AppleInsider now more than ever since doing so.

It's like it doesn't even exist and I couldn't imagine every going back to it. I like the other Mac-oriented forums so much more, now that I come here strictly to "talk shop".

Try it!

post #13 of 65
I think AO is extremely amusing on the most part, that whole thread Xsidious started that everyone hit was f-ing hilarious. I do agree that some in AO get out of hand, I probably am too reactionary to certain types of responses, and for that I apologize. But on the most part I find the other participants to be a pleasure, even when they disagree with me. Sometimes you need to just take a step back and tell yourself and the other person to cool it.
"Beware the Jabberwock , my son! The jaws that bite, the claw that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun the the frumious Bandersnatch!"

from Jabberwocky, excerpt from Alice through the looking...
"Beware the Jabberwock , my son! The jaws that bite, the claw that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun the the frumious Bandersnatch!"

from Jabberwocky, excerpt from Alice through the looking...
post #14 of 65
Quote:
Originally posted by pscates
For what it's worth, I'm well into my third (maybe fourth? I don't know...) week of a true, hardline self-imposed AO exile (took inspiration from thegelding).

I enjoy AppleInsider now more than ever since doing so.

It's like it doesn't even exist and I couldn't imagine every going back to it. I like the other Mac-oriented forums so much more, now that I come here strictly to "talk shop".

Try it!

If it helps (and if you use Safari and PithHelmet) you can use the line:

[forums\\.appleinsider\\.com\\/]?forumdisplay\\.php\\?s\\=.*\\&forumid\\=7

Under "Block" in the PithHelmet prefs. Keeps links from showing up if you have content collapsing on, and blocks AO if you accidentally stumble into it.
post #15 of 65
Quote:
Originally posted by Willoughby
Can we vote on this? I agree 100%. It'd be cool to have a computer ONLY messageboard

I agree totally. There's Urban75 and Somethingaweful for general politics and specific interest discussion.
post #16 of 65
Quote:
Originally posted by Spart
If it helps (and if you use Safari and PithHelmet) you can use the line:

[forums\\.appleinsider\\.com\\/]?forumdisplay\\.php\\?s\\=.*\\&forumid\\=7

Under "Block" in the PithHelmet prefs. Keeps links from showing up if you have content collapsing on, and blocks AO if you accidentally stumble into it.

Could you be a bit more specific about that? I entered in that line, but it still looks exactly the same. :/
post #17 of 65
I agree with SDW 100% on this issue. There has been a lot of this going on, and it seems that its ok to have mods/administrators whatever participate in this. Not gonna mention any names either...but I have definitely experienced what SDW is talking about when he says that members follow a targeted member into every post just to make a snide remark bceause I have directly noticed that....sat there with the boards open and seen this member post minutes later and whats there when I open it up? Another rude comment attacking me. A while back I remember how I brought up this and the state of the forums and my post was followed with very explicit/derogatory image that CLEARLY would be in violation of the Forum Rules, yet were posted by moderators and administrators. I stopped coming here for a while...just came back...had well over 2400+ posts a looooooooong time ago. When I return to get help because my hard drive has gone completely wrong I am received by a moderator editing my own post to make comments attacking me. The mod mustve changed his name or something because I dont even recognize this gentleman and I know everyone on this message board and everyone who has been here in the past like 5 years or whatever. I have PMed mods, admins, about obvious attacks and remarks that simply do not belong in the forum and I have asked for a solution yet my requests have gone unanswered and most likely, unread too. You only have to look as far as a current thread in Apple Outsider where I took the liberty of posting my views on a subject, and its followed by a personal attack on me which has absolutely zero relevance to the matter at hand. Obviously this is another member posing on a different screen name considering thats 1) his first post and 2) he registered that very same day the post was on. I honestly would like him IP banned and found out who on AI he is, but then again you all will find out he is a "distinguished" member or possibly a moderator/administrator even. Im glad to see that somebody realizes comments like these should not be made, and I dont appreciate the fact that I have been attacked in this way SEVERAL times on here. Seems like a lot of the people who "run" this site are on a power trip and take it too far, but hey....the place has still deteriorated and I dont think it has much to do with my posts considering I havent been around here and I find the same trash when I come back.
~Winner of the Official 2003 AppleInsider NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Pool~
~Winner of the Official 2003 AppleInsider NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Pool~
post #18 of 65
Quote:
Originally posted by TigerWoods99
I agree with SDW 100% on this issue. There has been a lot of this going on, and it seems that its ok to have mods/administrators whatever participate in this. Not gonna mention any names either...but I have definitely experienced what SDW is talking about when he says that members follow a targeted member into every post just to make a snide remark bceause I have directly noticed that....sat there with the boards open and seen this member post minutes later and whats there when I open it up? Another rude comment attacking me. A while back I remember how I brought up this and the state of the forums and my post was followed with very explicit/derogatory image that CLEARLY would be in violation of the Forum Rules, yet were posted by moderators and administrators. I stopped coming here for a while...just came back...had well over 2400+ posts a looooooooong time ago. When I return to get help because my hard drive has gone completely wrong I am received by a moderator editing my own post to make comments attacking me. The mod mustve changed his name or something because I dont even recognize this gentleman and I know everyone on this message board and everyone who has been here in the past like 5 years or whatever. I have PMed mods, admins, about obvious attacks and remarks that simply do not belong in the forum and I have asked for a solution yet my requests have gone unanswered and most likely, unread too. You only have to look as far as a current thread in Apple Outsider where I took the liberty of posting my views on a subject, and its followed by a personal attack on me which has absolutely zero relevance to the matter at hand. Obviously this is another member posing on a different screen name considering thats 1) his first post and 2) he registered that very same day the post was on. I honestly would like him IP banned and found out who on AI he is, but then again you all will find out he is a "distinguished" member or possibly a moderator/administrator even. Im glad to see that somebody realizes comments like these should not be made, and I dont appreciate the fact that I have been attacked in this way SEVERAL times on here. Seems like a lot of the people who "run" this site are on a power trip and take it too far, but hey....the place has still deteriorated and I dont think it has much to do with my posts considering I havent been around here and I find the same trash when I come back.

certainly not condoning the said behavior, but don't make yourself out to be some angel. you can't deny a few of your recent posts have just been um..... ridiculous for lack of a better word.
post #19 of 65
I also have never received one PM or email from you Tiger so I don't understand where you get off saying we never respond to you. Maybe because you never write anything to respond to
post #20 of 65
exactly what i was talking about...

where have my posts been ridiculous. im not even gonna go any further.......you dont like me, so please dont try and tell me whats right or wrong in whats being said to me.....im sure you love to see me ridiculed on this message board.
post #21 of 65
Quote:

where have my posts been ridiculous. im not even gonna go any further.......you dont like me, so please dont try and tell me whats right or wrong in whats being said to me.....im sure you love to see me ridiculed on this message board.

you're completely right, I do. I just love it.
post #22 of 65
Quote:

"I dont get white people at rock concerts either."

"Sheltered lil crackers like yourself wouldnt get them now would they?

Racist.

Somebody ban aquafire for posting that confederate flag piece of shit here. Ima bomb a ****in farm I saw drivin up the highway that had a confederate flag on it. Racist KKK pieces of shit"

"Confederates are the ones who still wanted black people enslaved"

you're completely right, not ridiculous at all.
post #23 of 65
shows how sad you are...holding a grudge over someone on the internet. \ did you build yourself a tracker to alert you the second i post or something? im not the one who comes in every post of yours makin attacks and wishin death upon me... glad to hear that this place condones sad behavior like you demonstrate and makes you a mad. i could care less what you think of me homey.
post #24 of 65
Quote:
shows how sad you are...holding a grudge over someone on the internet. \ did you build yourself a tracker to alert you the second i post or something? im not the one who comes in every post of yours makin attacks and wishin death upon me... glad to hear that this place condones sad behavior like you demonstrate and makes you a mad. i could care less what you think of me homey.

holding a grudge?

you're pathetic.

grow up tiger
post #25 of 65

since when was that first one a racist comment bruh? white people emcompasses a wide demographic. you are the one who followed up with a RACIST comment directly stating "i hate black peoples"....son you say that kinda ish around the wrong place you will be a goner just like that. that comment after was basically flippin the switch on you since you flat out made a racist statement so i did the same thing didnt i? and this message board should condone posting a confederate flag? i made a comment then sayin what i would love to do....because hey, its what i would. im not even in the south, you know its some racist mother****ers in that place who hate black people.
post #26 of 65
you have issues.

it was much better when you were banned.
post #27 of 65
Quote:
...but I have definitely experienced what SDW is talking about when he says that members follow a targeted member into every post just to make a snide remark bceause I have directly noticed that.

oh come on, sdw brings it on himself with his crossfire tactics. i wouldn't be surprised to someday see a thread entitled "democrats are treasonous immoral cretins - i have proof!" and see sdw's handle as the topic starter. and then he'll say "hey, this isn't flame bait! doesn't anyone want to read my opinions? some of my best friends are democrats!" and then call everyone chicken because no one wants to post a reply.
When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

post #28 of 65
well if he said that about democrats he'd be right
post #29 of 65
Quote:
im not even in the south, you know its some racist mother****ers in that place who hate black people.

And we told you to educate yourself a bit more in regards to your country's history, past and present. The confederate flag does not sand for racism. The confederacy was not founded on the ideal that everyone in the south hated black people and wanted them to remain slaves. Don't think everyone in the union was totally innocent either. A lot of people in the Union were quite upset with the abolishment of slavery; Mr. Lincoln was not a very popular man in regards to that decision.

I grew up in Atlanta, so don't you start telling me how the south really is. Also, don't start talking directly from your ass in regards to things you just don't know anything about. Maybe they just stopped teaching american history around the time of the civil war to kids in "C-Town", or maybe you just weren't paying any attention. Learn a little bit more about you country.

Your posts on this board, ninety eight percent of the time, are complete and total embarrassments to the English language. Your most recent attempt at starting a thread in AppleOutsider finally clenched you the title of "Member Most Lacking Any Sort Of Intelligence".

You're right, a lot of us don't like you, and yourself, among a few other members, are a delicious topic among the moderators and administrators currently. To be quite honest, Murray and myself were ready to flat out ban you after your astounding performance in that "rock concerts" thread.

Our patience grows thin...
post #30 of 65
Quote:
Originally posted by LoCash
Your posts on this board, ninety eight percent of the time, are complete and total embarrassments to the English language. Your most recent attempt at starting a thread in AppleOutsider finally clenched you the title of "Member Most Lacking Any Sort Of Intelligence".

Whether or not his posts contain a high amount of thought and intelligence, he's got every right to write them -- so long as they stay within the Posting Guidelines. LoCash, the last sentence of the quote above has me a bit concerned because:

Quote:
Posting Guidelines #1: "...be respectful of other members and the guidelines"

Quote:
Posting Guidelines #4: "Excessive ad-hominem attacks of forum members will not be tolerated." *snip* "Attack ideas, not people."

Seems to me that last sentence above is in DIRECT violation of these forums' Posting Guidelines.

In other words, some of you Mods really need to back off and do your jobs without insulting those whom you oversee and/or violating the Posting Guidelines yourselves. I honestly do think that the quality of these forums is slipping, and it's not solely because of the members here.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #31 of 65
Yes, it's a double standard. Have you noticed all the threads we close in the Mac OS X forum where someone is asking about Panther? Yet, brad maintains his very own thread devoted to taking requests and providing screenshots of whatever you kind folks might like.

I attempt to keep my comments like this within moderation, as should most of the other members here. You will notice we give a lot of people here a lot of leeway, and other people not so much. It's kind of like an unspoken karma system, if you will.

We don't ban everybody that does not follow the posting guidelines to a T. We chose the word "guidelines" carefully. Remind yourself of the definition. These are guidelines, not laws. Constant abuse of the guidelines result in disciplinary action.
post #32 of 65
Quote:
We don't ban everybody that does not follow the posting guidelines to a T. We chose the word "guidelines" carefully. Remind yourself of the definition. These are guidelines, not laws.

Fair enough. Just remember that you Mods should ALWAYS set the "good example" for the rest of the kids here by making every effort possible to stick to the PGs in EVERY post that you make...

...or people like me will call you on it.

Goodnight.
post #33 of 65
The mods have their own set of rules it seems, which tollerate harassment of other members. You only needed to see LowCash's lovely moderations he personally edited into my post simply asking for help when my hard drive f-ed up.

Quote:
And we told you to educate yourself a bit more in regards to your country's history, past and present. The confederate flag does not sand for racism. The confederacy was not founded on the ideal that everyone in the south hated black people and wanted them to remain slaves. Don't think everyone in the union was totally innocent either. A lot of people in the Union were quite upset with the abolishment of slavery; Mr. Lincoln was not a very popular man in regards to that decision.

I grew up in Atlanta, so don't you start telling me how the south really is. Also, don't start talking directly from your ass in regards to things you just don't know anything about. Maybe they just stopped teaching american history around the time of the civil war to kids in "C-Town", or maybe you just weren't paying any attention. Learn a little bit more about you country.

You're right, a lot of us don't like you, and yourself, among a few other members, are a delicious topic among the moderators and administrators currently. To be quite honest, Murray and myself were ready to flat out ban you after your astounding performance in that "rock concerts" thread.

Our patience grows thin...

I know plenty about this country, quite a bit more than I need to realize how messed up the system is....and I guarantee you I know a heck a lot more about the rest of the world too. People in this country are clueless as to the rest of the world. I am very aware that there were many people in the Union opposed to Mr. Lincoln's abolishment of slavery. Those people are what we would commonly term as racist. So I'll stick with what I know thanks.

You've read 98% of my posts have you? I'm sure. Get over yourself man, and stop assuming things under false pretences. You've also been here all 5 or 6 years to see all the posts I have induced this very message board with correct? I'm sure my lack of deduction for the English language could have earned me A grades in college english courses. Most of the American citizens on this board would be complete "embarassments" to the english language.

Fact is, most of the people on here do not have a problem with me. A select few of you higher on the food chain seem to be quite content in disagreeing with my views. I am under the assumption that Murray is murbot. Who are you now? I have been here over 5 years and have nothing but love for this place and the majority of its members, however I dont feel the need for moderators to be childish and not abide by the very rules they set for this place.
post #34 of 65
just leave already man.
post #35 of 65
Well Tiger, I am sorry that you got all stirred up about my posting the confederate flag. If you had bothered to read my comments you would have noted that I was simply replying to the question of where the Whoo-hoo might have originated.
The posting of the flag..I did, because I happen to like its design..nothing else..

No racism intended...or implied....

So if you found offence or felt offended or it's posting caused you hurt, then I am sorry, but that posting was ( as usual ) tongue in cheek...

Furthermore as regarding the " Nazi" symbol..yep ..it is horrid in the political sense, but it is a symbol known to both ancient middle eastern cultures..& quite interestingly to some native american indian cultures.

That the nazi's adopted it, does of itself not make it inherently evil, anymore than my appreciating a flag's design, make me a racist...

Ps I also happen to think the Australian flag is one of the most ham fistedly bad designs for a flag ever...& that says a lot...It's so bad..I've been thinking of designing one of my own to replace it.....
With respect..Aqua

Those who count.

&

Those who can't.

Those who count.

&

Those who can't.
post #36 of 65
Quote:
Originally posted by CosmoNut
Fair enough. Just remember that you Mods should ALWAYS set the "good example" for the rest of the kids here by making every effort possible to stick to the PGs in EVERY post that you make...

...or people like me will call you on it.

Goodnight.

You make a good point about that, and we bring it up with each other sometimes as well, for if we do not respect the guidelines we have set, then who will?

But we're human, and we're not getting paid to do this
post #37 of 65
Quote:
I know plenty about this country, quite a bit more than I need to realize how messed up the system is....and I guarantee you I know a heck a lot more about the rest of the world too. People in this country are clueless as to the rest of the world. I am very aware that there were many people in the Union opposed to Mr. Lincoln's abolishment of slavery. Those people are what we would commonly term as racist. So I'll stick with what I know thanks.

Excellent, so I assume it was just somebody else making those blanket racist statements in threads prior? We have an entire thread in the Moderator forum debating how to respond to the posts you made in that "white rock/woohoo" thread.

Anyhow, if you posses such an understanding of our own country as well as the rest of the world, then please, demonstrate that potential. Thus far, it has not been. Surprise me.

Quote:
You've read 98% of my posts have you? I'm sure. Get over yourself man, and stop assuming things under false pretences. You've also been here all 5 or 6 years to see all the posts I have induced this very message board with correct? I'm sure my lack of deduction for the English language could have earned me A grades in college english courses. Most of the American citizens on this board would be complete "embarassments" to the english language.

I'm not here to humour your literal interpretations of my statement. Just because you want to be a wise ass about it, I shall rephrase. Of the posts of yours I have read, ninety-eight percent of them were less than memorable. Based on this observation, I can establish a pattern of behaviour, which I have done.

Besides, when you post stuff like this...

heck in here to rep your hood to tha fullest yall! Im reppin tha 216 aka Thieveland you know how we do! Str8 gangsta poppin mofos up in this bia ya heard? We doin big things ...

Now that you're catching flak for it, you've cleaned up your posts a little bit. Maintain some consistency, and I don't think there will be a problem in the future.

Quote:
Fact is, most of the people on here do not have a problem with me. A select few of you higher on the food chain seem to be quite content in disagreeing with my views. I am under the assumption that Murray is murbot. Who are you now? I have been here over 5 years and have nothing but love for this place and the majority of its members, however I dont feel the need for moderators to be childish and not abide by the very rules they set for this place.

The mods and admins have a problem with you because we have to "deal" with you. It's not that we disagree with your views, rather, we disagree with your ignorance to the topics at hand. We love AI too, and it's why we devote a lot of out time to it without any sort of compensation.
post #38 of 65
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=29016

Quote:
Quote from SDW:
Sammi,

I love this stuff. I really do.

I love how you attempt to paint yourself as moderate and and independent thinker.

Translation: You are a liberal nutbag with no original thoughts. I hate this stuff.

Quote:
Quote from SDW:
I love these threads you start. It's almost a kind of suspense...to see what institution or person will be attacked next. Or, on a banner day, you'll have some grand conspiracy theory to share. I shudder with anticipation each night thinking of all the possibilities.

Translation: I can't wait to see what bullshit you come up with next.

Quote:
Quote from SDW:

I love the ludicrous statistics you sometimes come up with, like the one claiming that more than 50%-75% of the US economy is based on defense spending.

Translation: You are a dirty rotten liar and I want to eat your children.

Quote:
Quote from SDW:

I love how you use the word "specially" instead of "especially".

Translation: I'm just trying to fit in one more personal attack so I'll make fun of the way you spell a certain word.

Quote:
Quote from SDW:

I love how you have called those that disagree with you "frat boys" and imply that they are simpleton idiots.

Translation: Only I'm allowed to insinuate that people are simpleton idiots! GOT THAT?

Quote:
Quote from SDW:

Yes, sammi. I love it all. What would we do without you?

Translation: I hate your guts and I wish you would stop posting here.

Quote:
Quote from SDW:
If we are going to have posting guidelines, they need to be enforced, and enforced equally.

Enjoy your ban.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #39 of 65
Quote:
Yes, it's a double standard. Have you noticed all the threads we close in the Mac OS X forum where someone is asking about Panther? Yet, brad maintains his very own thread devoted to taking requests and providing screenshots of whatever you kind folks might like.

Um, what? Asking for pictures of something, and asking where to steal it are two very different things.

Don't rag on Brad, he's not the admin that I see as enforcing a double standard.

post #40 of 65
Quote:
When I return to get help because my hard drive has gone completely wrong I am received by a moderator editing my own post to make comments attacking me.

You make it sound as if you were completely innocent. That you are having a bad day doesn't give you privileges not enjoyed by everyone else on this forum. It doesn't matter how crappy your life is at the moment, you still have to keep it civil because this is a public place that a few volunteers would like to keep inviting to everyone, and if you don't keep it civil (especially in a more mild area of the forums like GB)they'll come down on you, hard.

Sorry to bite back but it angers me when people play the innocent victim and it's so obvious that they are hardly innocent and are victimized about as much as the fat chick in the McDonald's lawsuit...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Personal Attacks: Again