or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Poisoned 0.3 (p2p client)

Poisoned 0.3 (p2p client) - Page 2

post #41 of 49
I just downloaded Poisoned 0.4, and I can say that it not only stomps all over the other Mac P2P clients, but also gives the Kazaa and Kazaa Lite clients black eyes. The searching is lightning-fast, even on my 56k modem, the ability to perform multiple searches at the same time is great, and the interface is very polished (the choice of metal or aqua is smart.) Now I can only wait for a DSL connection, and I'll always be happy.
post #42 of 49
Having no idea what that software is/was, I downloaded it.

I'm assuming this is what they talk about as "file sharing"?

So, I downloaded one thing to iTunes, a police scanner audio file.

But, I tried two other files and they were cancelled.

How does this work? I have no idea about user accounts, any rules of engagement type items.

Can someone help a guy like me that has absolutely ZERO KNOWLEDGE of this stuff?

And my intent is NOT to grab copyrighted material, but other things, in case anyone cares.

Thanks
Nov 98 - Earliest Registered User on record
Jan 02 - Earliest iPad prediction
post #43 of 49
i started with .3 and worked fine. .4 works perfectly too.

The only option I changed was to allow for the download and temp folder to be visible.

Everything else, from the start, works perfectly.
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
post #44 of 49
okay, after weeks of trying to use this, about 80+ % of my attempts FAIL.

any pointers?
post #45 of 49
I get that too.

It's probably because Kazaa and gnutella are just so shady.

Plus downloads I put in that were going then I had to unplug, when I plug back in it can't find them again. I have to Find More Sources. I still want them to add in Auto Find More Sources!!! For every x minutes, user definable. And adding in BitTorrent would be nice.
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
post #46 of 49
Hey is there any way to run Poisoned on 10.1.5 ?

I can't get Jaguar cause i'm waiting for Panther

Thanks in advanced
post #47 of 49
Get a friend with teachers as parents and get Jag.
post #48 of 49
Just downloaded .41 last night. I wish I could say I was getting the performance that most of you are having. I'm getting a 10% success rate on it, while I get maybe 50% on Acquisition. Plus where the heck is the "Find more Sources" option, I've tried downloads options???

I'm giving it a few more days before I uninstall it.
"Beware the Jabberwock , my son! The jaws that bite, the claw that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun the the frumious Bandersnatch!"

from Jabberwocky, excerpt from Alice through the looking...
"Beware the Jabberwock , my son! The jaws that bite, the claw that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun the the frumious Bandersnatch!"

from Jabberwocky, excerpt from Alice through the looking...
post #49 of 49
I gave up on it after never finding what I'm looking for (prereleases of a certain OS, and I'm not talking gentoo linux 1.4rc6), so I use Xnap and mldonkey with pretty good success.

YMMV
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Poisoned 0.3 (p2p client)