or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › The Year of the Mac?

The Year of the Mac?

post #1 of 12
Is 2003 The Year of the Mac?, the year we FINALLY see Apple catch up with WIntel and give them a SERIOUS run for their money, or will we be stuck with another 2002, with lots of high hopes, fun rumours, and no goods?

In my opinion (and because i work in graphics and video), this year will be made or broken by two things:

1) The IBM 970 - we need it in the summer and we need it to haul ass. <-- (period).

2) The Economy - with heir Bush pissing EVERYONE off, killing for oil and generally putting the whole world on edge, a war in the Middle-East could potentially escalate and cause serious, serious problems in the post-Enron/worldcom world. If people are loosing their jobs and generally pissed at the US, not a good chance that this will bode well for Apple or anyone really.

My money's on Apple releasing a 970 equipped mac ASAP, but i think it's success may be tethered a bit to how much of a warmongering jackass your president decides to be.

guess we'll see. Other thoughts?

[ 01-15-2003: Message edited by: The Mactivist ]</p>
HEE HEE!! Dual G5 2Ghz. 2 Gig RAM. Yeah baby.
post #2 of 12
Charming.

[quote]Originally posted by The Mactivist:
<strong>My money's on Apple releasing a 970 equipped mac ASAP, but i think it's success may be tethered a bit to how much of a warmongering jackass your president decides to be.

guess we'll see. Other thoughts?[ 01-15-2003: Message edited by: The Mactivist ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, but they'll just get me in trouble.
post #3 of 12
....last time we let you hand wringing pussies "work things out" 6 million Jews were slaughtered.
post #4 of 12
[quote]Originally posted by mooseman:
<strong>....last time we let you hand wringing pussies "work things out" 6 million Jews were slaughtered.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Last time I listened to a crack head he wanted $20 for gas to get to a job interview.

[ 01-15-2003: Message edited by: pey/coy-ote ]</p>
post #5 of 12
Rrrrrrowwwwwr! Maybe we should talk about Macs?
post #6 of 12
This is Future Hardware, not Fireside Chat.

We nuked Fireside Chat for a reason.
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!

Original music:
post #7 of 12
I'm with Mooseman. Appease a crocodile. You'll just be the last person he eats

Still, I really do think this will be 'the year of the Mac.'

970s? They'll haul 'ass'.

Lemon bon Bon
We do it because Steve Jobs is the supreme defender of the Macintosh faith, someone who led Apple back from the brink of extinction just four years ago. And we do it because his annual keynote is...
We do it because Steve Jobs is the supreme defender of the Macintosh faith, someone who led Apple back from the brink of extinction just four years ago. And we do it because his annual keynote is...
post #8 of 12
[quote]Originally posted by pey/coy-ote:
<strong>

Last time I listened to a crack head he wanted $20 for gas to get to a job interview.

[ 01-15-2003: Message edited by: pey/coy-ote ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

....I ended up giving your dad the money, but he had to "work" for it. For God's sake, take care of your own family.

Don't take it too seriously. We can't all agree on everything.

[ 01-15-2003: Message edited by: mooseman ]</p>
post #9 of 12
[quote]Originally posted by Lemon Bon Bon:
<strong>I'm with Mooseman. Appease a crocodile. You'll just be the last person he eats
</strong><hr></blockquote>

Propaganda prevails. Saddam is no more a crocodile than a de-clawed wolverine. Americans put Saddam in power, so long as he played nice and sold them cheap oil. Well, he got an ego, turned on the US, now he's the bad guy. Pick your reason. When he was exterminating Kurds the US was strangely silent... Bush is an oil man. this is an oil war. Civilians will pay the price for this in blood to fill your sitnky SUVs. That's the cold truth.

[quote]
Still, I really do think this will be 'the year of the Mac.'

970s? They'll haul 'ass'.

Lemon bon Bon [/QB]<hr></blockquote>

Hear hear! i can't remember when an untested product has caused so much anticipation in the Mac world. Hope it lives up to our expectations. At this point, it kind of has to.
post #10 of 12
Just a small note to the Canadian:
If it wan't for President Bush, we would be paying $18 a gallon for gas and Saddam Hussein would have us North Americans shining his boots and wiping his ass. Yes, it would be wonderful if everybody could live in peace. But when you have terrorists leading governments, you can't just sit back and drink a Molson and watch hockey. And don't ever forget this: if Canada was about to be attacked by a foreign government, you guys would be wailing like little girls for the GOOD OLD UNITED STATES OF AMERICA to come save your asses. And you know what? WE WOULD DO IT!

SINCERELY,
PROUD US CITIZEN
post #11 of 12
Patriotism is a blind fold.
The only foreign government that is a threat to Canada is the US. And as for terrorists leading governments, Bush is indeed one of those, and actually, I can't stand Molson's or hockey. whoops.

[quote]Originally posted by Orthodoc:
<strong>Just a small note to the Canadian:
If it wan't for President Bush, we would be paying $18 a gallon for gas and Saddam Hussein would have us North Americans shining his boots and wiping his ass. Yes, it would be wonderful if everybody could live in peace. But when you have terrorists leading governments, you can't just sit back and drink a Molson and watch hockey. And don't ever forget this: if Canada was about to be attacked by a foreign government, you guys would be wailing like little girls for the GOOD OLD UNITED STATES OF AMERICA to come save your asses. And you know what? WE WOULD DO IT!

SINCERELY,
PROUD US CITIZEN </strong><hr></blockquote>
post #12 of 12
Try again.

Original music:

Original music:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › The Year of the Mac?