or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › More lies/misrepresentation/misinformation proven.

More lies/misrepresentation/misinformation proven.

post #1 of 18
Searched but all the old threads about WMD and lying are long gone, so I'll start a new one.

"Engineering experts from the Defense Intelligence Agency have come to believe that the most likely use for the two mysterious trailers found in Iraq was to produce hydrogen for weather balloons rather than to make biological weapons, government officials say."

Story.

This is about the twentieth time since the debatable "end of the war" that various agencies in the US and UK have been proven by more knowledgable agencies to have made unfounded or poorly researched claims regarding weapons in Iraq. I'm sick of this. There's no other word for it except deception, which seems to be the hallmark of the Bush administration.

It will be his legacy. When we look back in fifty years and ask the question, "Who was the most deceptive president in the history of the US?", who will we pick? Clinton? No way. Nixon? Nope. Bush makes them all look like halo-wielding saints.

And I know that's AOK for you, Groverat.
post #2 of 18
I believe you psychologists call this a fixation.

Do you toss and turn at night, mumbling curses and my name under your breath?

proud resident of a failed state
post #3 of 18
http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=28891

Long gone? The last post in that thread was Saturday. Sheesh, kids today and their short attention spans...

post #4 of 18
Shhh, towel. Intellectual rebels are oppressed and never heard.

Not only that, they are the only ones privy to the ugly and hidden truth!

"The first step to a successful revolution is: Destroy all competing revolutionaries."
post #5 of 18
The second step is, repeat the lie until it becomes the truth.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by trumptman
The second step is, repeat the lie until it becomes the truth.

I can't believe you're openly criticizing Bush like this. Welcome aboard trumptman!
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #7 of 18
hey, don't forget the aluminium tubes
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by bunge
I can't believe you're openly criticizing Bush like this. Welcome aboard trumptman!

Bunge, don't DO that!!!! I nearly choked on my toast.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by groverat

Since the conservative broken records are still out there this is still a valid topic. I know what you're going to say and I don't care that you don't care.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #10 of 18
Quote:

Actually, I, for one, completely forgot you existed until the napalm thing came back up again.
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
Searched but all the old threads about WMD and lying are long gone, so I'll start a new one.

"Engineering experts from the Defense Intelligence Agency have come to believe that the most likely use for the two mysterious trailers found in Iraq was to produce hydrogen for weather balloons rather than to make biological weapons, government officials say."

Story.

This is about the twentieth time since the debatable "end of the war" that various agencies in the US and UK have been proven by more knowledgable agencies to have made unfounded or poorly researched claims regarding weapons in Iraq. I'm sick of this. There's no other word for it except deception, which seems to be the hallmark of the Bush administration.

It will be his legacy. When we look back in fifty years and ask the question, "Who was the most deceptive president in the history of the US?", who will we pick? Clinton? No way. Nixon? Nope. Bush makes them all look like halo-wielding saints.

And I know that's AOK for you, Groverat.

Whose president is he? I thought you were a european?
Nov 98 - Earliest Registered User on record
Jan 02 - Earliest iPad prediction
Nov 98 - Earliest Registered User on record
Jan 02 - Earliest iPad prediction
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by sammi jo

I told a funny that worked!!! (Pats myself on the back!)
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by sammi jo

Rats.
I can change my sig again!
I can change my sig again!
post #14 of 18
If she did choke, would Bush, the toast, or the Internet have been the murderer?
Lauren Sanchez? That kinda hotness is just plain unnatural.
Lauren Sanchez? That kinda hotness is just plain unnatural.
post #15 of 18
sammi jo,

Please stay away from the pretzels. Thanks.
post #16 of 18
SO suddenly Saddam is an angel?

Not that I think for a second that WOMD (when did we lose the catchy "O"?) are the reason for going to Iraq, I still think they're a valid one.

It's pretty clear that the Iraqi strategy has been to avoid defeat by avoiding open conflict. They'll wait for the fire to go out of the American engine, and slowly build to a (vietnam type) resistance. They've already had more success (in killing Americans) after their "defeat" than they had duriing the "battles" of either gulf war. Sadam might be nuts, but he isn't stupid, he knew he could not win a war and would lose control of the official government. It's clear that the plan from day one has been to take the fight underground.

One has to ask whether it was wise to force Saddam underground, and whether he and his loyalists now become a more dangerous quantity, but his campaign management (particularly in the middle east) has been a masterwork within the limited options he could realistically persue.

AS for weapons:

Weapons programs were noted by top UN inspectors well back in the days of Clinton, as was repeated obstinance and a flat refusal to account for weapons and document their destruction. Undocumented destruction is as good as no destruction, non-compliance, and reason enough to deal with Sadam in the harshest terms possible. Should have happened a long time ago.

Personally, though I could care less for Bush, I'm glad we stopped playing this stupid game with him.

AS for Bush, he has been a marketting disaster, and especially the early bungles of Powel and Rumsfeld. Ad the other handlers too: eg, Runsfeld, the guy who sold Saddam the gas in the first place giving the victory speech that lumps Saddam in with Hitler, HA! I guess that lumps Rumsfeld in with Nazi collaborators!

Come on guys! Marketting mis-steps of the highest order! Wars are all about marketting heroes and villains, and frankly, I expected a better showing from America. But I guess they've gone through too many years of making an easy sell to fat American suburbanites to realize that you have to try a little harder in other markets. Oh well.

AS for WAR, the middle east and other miscellania:

THERE ARE/WERE WEAPONS in IRAQ, don't doubt it. Were they of consequence? Mebbe/Mebbe not. Were they pursuing more advanced WOMD? NO doubt, name a country that isn't, haha... And while that may be permissible, or at least unstoppable in some other countries, when the ruling regime has not paid its debt or made a decent case for their trustworthiness, then we ARE justified in retarding their progress in that area by whatever means.

Saudi Arabia, by all rights should have inherited the post 9-11 wrath, but politics saved them, for now. The limks between Saudi Royals and terrorism are profound. IT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with "scholarships" for the first idiot who asserts that position.

Just a few thoughts for this willy nilly crowd of peace-niks.
IBL!
IBL!
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by Matsu
THERE ARE/WERE WEAPONS in IRAQ, don't doubt it. Were they of consequence? Mebbe/Mebbe not. Were they pursuing more advanced WOMD? NO doubt, name a country that isn't, haha... And while that may be permissible, or at least unstoppable in some other countries, when the ruling regime has not paid its debt or made a decent case for their trustworthiness, then we ARE justified in retarding their progress in that area by whatever means.

This I can agree with.

Quote:
Originally posted by Matsu
Saudi Arabia, by all rights should have inherited the post 9-11 wrath, but politics saved them, for now. The limks between Saudi Royals and terrorism are profound. IT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with "scholarships" for the first idiot who asserts that position.

This is just unfounded though. I need some evidence.
post #18 of 18
Quote:

Do you toss and turn at night, mumbling curses and my name under your breath

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › More lies/misrepresentation/misinformation proven.