or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Kerry's Cheesesteak Flap
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kerry's Cheesesteak Flap

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
This one is pretty funny. I don't see how it matters, but some are likening it to GHWB's amazement at seeing a supermarket scanner in 1992. The "French Looking Guy" has struck again.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Aug12.html

Kerry's sins were:
:

1) Ordering a Philly Cheesesteak with SWISS cheese.

2) Daintily nibbling on the steak.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #2 of 20
Philadelphia = sh!thole, and cheez wiz = disgusting.
post #3 of 20
1) Seems like it was a calculated move. After all, Swiss is a rather neutral cheese...

2)
That's not nibbling.

Out of all the democratic hopefuls, I like Kerry the most. Perhaps it's his somewhat attractive money wielding wife, Theresa. Her previous husband and heir to the Heinz fortune died in a plane crash in 1991. I wonder what brands of condiments went on that thing...
I can change my sig again!
Reply
I can change my sig again!
Reply
post #4 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by Eugene
1) Seems like it was a calculated move. After all, Swiss is a rather neutral cheese...

2)
That's not nibbling.

Out of all the democratic hopefuls, I like Kerry the most. Perhaps it's his somewhat attractive money wielding wife, Theresa. Her previous husband and heir to the Heinz fortune died in a plane crash in 1991. I wonder what brands of condiments went on that thing...

Kerry still has the best chance for the nomination, IMO. As far as your first statement, it was, in all seriousness, a calculated move for him to buy a cheesesteak. I will bet real money it was part of his "be a real guy" campaign.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #5 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by mrmister
Philadelphia = sh!thole, and cheez wiz = disgusting.

Tell us how you REALLY feel.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #6 of 20
There's never a shortfall of stories that remind me why I don't want to work for the news media.

Gawd, they need to find better things to do.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Reply
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Reply
post #7 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001

1) Ordering a Philly Cheesesteak with SWISS cheese.

2) Daintily nibbling on the steak.

1) any cheese on a cheesesteak is alright. the cheap east philly eateries put cheezewhiz. the west philly eateries put provalone. somewhere in between is swiss.

2) wouldnt you daintily nibble a cheese steak if you were a) eating the first one of your life or b) wearing a suit?
post #8 of 20
Phily Cheesesteaks are the only redeeming aspect of Philly. A Philly cheesesteak is the only proper use of Cheeze Whiz on the planet too. It exists only for this one purpose, all other implementations of this toxic goo are punishable by death. (Though I'm more of a provalone guy myself.) I'm amazed he got the order out without them yelling at him. Philly steak pimps at the counter are like New York cabbies at a traffic light.
post #9 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by billybobsky
1) any cheese on a cheesesteak is alright. the cheap east philly eateries put cheezewhiz. the west philly eateries put provalone. somewhere in between is swiss.

Provolone and Swiss are pretty damned close in some ways. They're both pretty dry, semi-hard, with a sweetish creamy taste. I usually go for Jalapeno Jack or Pepper Jack on sandwiches.
I can change my sig again!
Reply
I can change my sig again!
Reply
post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
This one is pretty funny. I don't see how it matters, but some are likening it to GHWB's amazement at seeing a supermarket scanner in 1992. The "French Looking Guy" has struck again.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Aug12.html

Kerry's sins were:
:

1) Ordering a Philly Cheesesteak with SWISS cheese.

2) Daintily nibbling on the steak.

Wow. I would have thought for sure you would have had a few more sins on the list...

Well, I'll complete it for you because I'm such a nice guy.

3) HE'S A DIRTY SCUMSUCKING CHILD ABUSING GRANDMOTHER BEATING DRUG USING ILLEGAL ALIEN SMUGGLING GOAT RAPING LIBERAL! (note: liberal is the worst of the previous allegations...damn dirty liberals...)



Note: The previous bit was nothing more than a poor attempt at humor. Any allegations that SDW disapproves of raping goats are purely speculation. Have a nice day.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #11 of 20
Sayeth Rotto:
Quote:
Phily Cheesesteaks are the only redeeming aspect of Philly.

Don't forget teh Liberty Bell!

Quote:
A Philly cheesesteak is the only proper use of Cheeze Whiz on the planet too. It exists only for this one purpose, all other implementations of this toxic goo are punishable by death.

I can't believe Nabisco still peddles that shit. I had *completely* forgotten it existed until this thread. Brings back memories of the good ole days when I was 7 years old and couldn't slice those large bricks of cheese in the fridge, so I grabbed some bread, climbed up the pantry shelf, crabbed the cheezwhiz and made lunch!


Quote:
I'm amazed he got the order out without them yelling at him. Philly steak pimps at the counter are like New York cabbies at a traffic light.

Steak pimps. Good one. I wonder what they say to Bob Clarke. I'd pay money to hear that string of expletives!



From ona dem Southern Cal people
Quote:
HE'S A DIRTY SCUMSUCKING CHILD ABUSING GRANDMOTHER BEATING DRUG USING ILLEGAL ALIEN SMUGGLING GOAT RAPING LIBERAL! (note: liberal is the worst of the previous allegations...damn dirty liberals...)




This thread rules.
Aldo is watching....
Reply
Aldo is watching....
Reply
post #12 of 20
Provalone is the proper cheese for a cheesestak, anyone who has lived in Philly knows that. Pat's and Geno's, which are the only places that use cheesewhiz, are tourist traps, and are to cheesesteaks as McDonalds is to hamburgers - not the real thing.
post #13 of 20
The best Philly Cheesesteaks... are made in Chicago.

We do food right.
Aldo is watching....
Reply
Aldo is watching....
Reply
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
The "French Looking Guy" has struck again.



I've read this "French looking" thing over and over again in the conservative media in the past few weeks. I guess the Committee to Re-elect's August talking points have gone out.
post #15 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by BRussell


I've read this "French looking" thing over and over again in the conservative media in the past few weeks. I guess the Committee to Re-elect's August talking points have gone out.

I think Limbaugh came up with it. Come on...laugh. It's funny. You know it.



I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #16 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by BR
Wow. I would have thought for sure you would have had a few more sins on the list...

Well, I'll complete it for you because I'm such a nice guy.

3) HE'S A DIRTY SCUMSUCKING CHILD ABUSING GRANDMOTHER BEATING DRUG USING ILLEGAL ALIEN SMUGGLING GOAT RAPING LIBERAL! (note: liberal is the worst of the previous allegations...damn dirty liberals...)



Note: The previous bit was nothing more than a poor attempt at humor. Any allegations that SDW disapproves of raping goats are purely speculation. Have a nice day.

I was summarizing the article's points. Duh.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by BuonRotto
Phily Cheesesteaks are the only redeeming aspect of Philly. A Philly cheesesteak is the only proper use of Cheeze Whiz on the planet too. It exists only for this one purpose, all other implementations of this toxic goo are punishable by death. (Though I'm more of a provalone guy myself.) I'm amazed he got the order out without them yelling at him. Philly steak pimps at the counter are like New York cabbies at a traffic light.

My wife makes a green bean dish with bacon, mushrooms, onions, green beans, and CHEEZE WHIZ that is great.

The flavor is not too far from Outback Steakhouse's Walkabout Soup, really. Kind of a peppery, creamy cheese concoction.
Nov 98 - Earliest Registered User on record
Jan 02 - Earliest iPad prediction
Reply
Nov 98 - Earliest Registered User on record
Jan 02 - Earliest iPad prediction
Reply
post #18 of 20
This is nothing. The worst part was when Kerry said to a group of Iowa voters that it's time for the international community to send Muslim speaking troops into Iraq.
post #19 of 20
First time I tasted a Philly cheese-steak was easily one of the top 5 meals I've ever had. I was on a bike ride from Connecticut to Florida. It was day 3 of the trip. That morning was rainy and messy and kind of miserable but the sky started to clear as I crossed from New Jersey into Pennsylvania. I was north of Philly somewhere between Easton and Philly. There was this roadside stand called Uncle Sam's. I'd never heard of cheese-steaks before. I just ordered one because it sounded good and I was seriously hungry. Got a chocolate milkshake too. Wow! I'm sure part of it was because I'd worked up a good appetite, but that sandwich was like a revelation.
"Countless mothers will light candles and celebrate the tyrant's capture - mothers in all the cities of Iraq, in all the villages of Iran, in all the streets and quarters of Kuwait, everywhere the...
Reply
"Countless mothers will light candles and celebrate the tyrant's capture - mothers in all the cities of Iraq, in all the villages of Iran, in all the streets and quarters of Kuwait, everywhere the...
Reply
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran441
This is nothing. The worst part was when Kerry said to a group of Iowa voters that it's time for the international community to send Muslim speaking troops into Iraq.

Well based on recent experience that could be a plus in his quest for precidency.
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
Reply
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Kerry's Cheesesteak Flap