or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Who is buying a new PowerBook?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Who is buying a new PowerBook? - Page 9

post #321 of 340
Just got my 15 albook!!!!!!

****, this thing is sweet!!!!

Ok, now i'm trying 2 rememba what everyone has said to do & check with em...

so damn excited! haven't even opened my ipod yet!
post #322 of 340
Quote:
Originally posted by 666
Just got my 15 albook!!!!!!

****, this thing is sweet!!!!

Ok, now i'm trying 2 rememba what everyone has said to do & check with em...

so damn excited! haven't even opened my ipod yet!

Congrats ! Mine shipped Friday so I'm hoping I'll get a prezzie today too !
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #323 of 340
i don't think i'll sleep tonight, too many tunes to load up for my ipod!!! It's amazing how effortlessly everything worx, like getting your tunes into the ipod, downloading pix off my t610, safari RULES and no probs at all with my perfect pbook (touch wood)! It's a dream come true!

gawd bless apple, now i truely understand why my friends have been so nutz about em for so long.
post #324 of 340
for everyone with problems...plz sign

http://www.petitiononline.com/applelcd/petition.html

thx...
it can be more important than reading the bible six times or... uh... becoming a pope or something like that, you know?
Reply
it can be more important than reading the bible six times or... uh... becoming a pope or something like that, you know?
Reply
post #325 of 340
Are you all ready for this bit of info? My 15" powerbook is shipping VIA FED EX!!!!

I just got my shipping notice today (a week before they said it would ship) and it's winging on it's way.

I think by now, EVERYONE expects the Spanish Inquisition...
Reply
I think by now, EVERYONE expects the Spanish Inquisition...
Reply
post #326 of 340
Quote:
Originally posted by sunrein
Are you all ready for this bit of info? My 15" powerbook is shipping VIA FED EX!!!!

I just got my shipping notice today (a week before they said it would ship) and it's winging on it's way.


That's great! In addition to going with a better carrier, I hope they've fixed the problems that others and I have run into with our AlPB's. Keep us posted.

I'm still waiting on my repair (status is Hold-Waiting for parts; I presume they're waiting on the new LCD, which I hope is not going to develop white spots!).

-N
post #327 of 340
guess whos powerbook is waiting for collection at the local apple centre?
thats right, mine.

*high fives to everyone*

*slaps self on arse*
post #328 of 340
TNT delivered my 15" two hours ago !!
Yesssss.... Finaly. Ordered oct. 2. Shipped with 10.2.7.
Mint condition. No problems so far.
2x2.7 PowerMac - 1.25 Powerbook - 10.4 Tiger - '65 Mustang
Reply
2x2.7 PowerMac - 1.25 Powerbook - 10.4 Tiger - '65 Mustang
Reply
post #329 of 340
so i have it. oh yes.
i like it a lot. no wobbles. the latch works perfick. no complaints.
post #330 of 340
So I got my powerbook and I'm havign to send it back to apple.

1) The latch for some reason will randomly pop open...

2) The right side of the screen every now and then is darker than the rest of the display. Resting the video memory didn't help.


So once again I'll find myself without a computer. And in the midst of major exams here at med school. Quite a pain!

Tell me, has anyone else had an experience with the repair department that might be able to share a turn around time. The phone rep said 5-7 business days.

I had a buddy who had to have his iPod worked on and they had it for 3 weeks! Thus, I'm contemplating holding onto the computer until after finals week in November.
post #331 of 340
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr_Holistic
So I got my powerbook and I'm havign to send it back to apple.

Tell me, has anyone else had an experience with the repair department that might be able to share a turn around time. The phone rep said 5-7 business days.

I had a buddy who had to have his iPod worked on and they had it for 3 weeks! Thus, I'm contemplating holding onto the computer until after finals week in November.

They had mine exactly a calendar week. Shipped Friday the 17th, picked up at 4:00 PM PST. Got it back at 3:00PM Friday the 24. Shipped from Houston Thursday the 23 at 6:00 PM MST.

The repair shipping is very very good. This is the fourth time I've shipped back and forth this way, and I have always been happy.

Hopefully you won't have to wait for parts at the repair.
1.25GHz 15" SD PowerBook, etc. etc.
15G 3rd Gen iPod

Well i've said it now, nothing's changed
people are burnin for pocket change
and creative minds are lazy
and the big three killed my baby
Reply
1.25GHz 15" SD PowerBook, etc. etc.
15G 3rd Gen iPod

Well i've said it now, nothing's changed
people are burnin for pocket change
and creative minds are lazy
and the big three killed my baby
Reply
post #332 of 340
If it were not for the screen, this would be one kick-ass machine. It's solid, does not vibrate, and the keyboard is to die for. But the screen -- I am sorry to say -- is inferior to most laptop TFTs out there. In fact, I think that Titaniums had better, brighter, and clearer screens. I was just working on a client's titanium and I swear to God his was brighter. And his did not have that slight brightness difference between the right and left sides of the display panel.
post #333 of 340
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr_Holistic
Tell me, has anyone else had an experience with the repair department that might be able to share a turn around time. The phone rep said 5-7 business days.

A couple of weeks ago, I brought my iBook to the Palo Alto store on Thursday night, after school (about 8:30 pm). It arrived on my doorstep on Monday afternoon!

The only frustration: no status update on Friday and then on Monday the case was closed with no comments. A previous repair said when it left the store, when it arrived at the repair facility, when work started, etc. I expected this past repair to go to Texas, but the shipping label said it came from Tennessee.
post #334 of 340
Quote:
Originally posted by EDS66
If it were not for the screen, this would be one kick-ass machine. It's solid, does not vibrate, and the keyboard is to die for. But the screen -- I am sorry to say -- is inferior to most laptop TFTs out there. In fact, I think that Titaniums had better, brighter, and clearer screens. I was just working on a client's titanium and I swear to God his was brighter. And his did not have that slight brightness difference between the right and left sides of the display panel.

You've mentioned this a few times, and I have to say, after careful consideration, you are on crack!

Seriously, I'm not sure what you are referring to. Both of my screens --- the original, spotty one, and the current one --- have (had) very even lighting, and have been so bright I never have them above 1/2-way, even in my brightly-lit office. In the dark, I wish the LCD would go a bit darker before "off".

I can't remember --- did you get a repair for spots? If not, I'd consider sending it in for your lighting issues. It sucks to suffer through less-than-perfect.
1.25GHz 15" SD PowerBook, etc. etc.
15G 3rd Gen iPod

Well i've said it now, nothing's changed
people are burnin for pocket change
and creative minds are lazy
and the big three killed my baby
Reply
1.25GHz 15" SD PowerBook, etc. etc.
15G 3rd Gen iPod

Well i've said it now, nothing's changed
people are burnin for pocket change
and creative minds are lazy
and the big three killed my baby
Reply
post #335 of 340
Quote:
Originally posted by Neandertal
That's great! In addition to going with a better carrier, I hope they've fixed the problems that others and I have run into with our AlPB's. Keep us posted.

I'm still waiting on my repair (status is Hold-Waiting for parts; I presume they're waiting on the new LCD, which I hope is not going to develop white spots!).

-N


Here's the update: my pb came this morning (10/20) and i think i can say that it's perfect. i got one with a 5400 drive and all the other bells and whistles. this switch has been storybook perfect. i'm working on a letter to apple.
I think by now, EVERYONE expects the Spanish Inquisition...
Reply
I think by now, EVERYONE expects the Spanish Inquisition...
Reply
post #336 of 340
Quote:
Originally posted by sunrein
Here's the update: my pb came this morning (10/20) and i think i can say that it's perfect. i got one with a 5400 drive and all the other bells and whistles. this switch has been storybook perfect. i'm working on a letter to apple.

Bitch

My PB is almost perfect (2 Stuck pixels). I had a bit of a downer over this - I still might try and do something about this if anything else goes wrong...
But I am a switcher and this is BLOWING MY MIND...
At the moment I am ripping a CD into iTunes (and that CDDB thing that automatically gets the track names is sooooo cool), I'm listening to a different song from my iTunes library, I'm writing up my lecture/reading notes in Word, and I'm typing this in IE (sorry but Safari isn't compatible with my School's network. Wow!

But - neone find the Superdrive a bit noisy??? It might bother me if I'm trying to watch a quiet DVD...

GOD! This computer is awesome. And I love typing on this thing...
You mean you read this far?
Reply
You mean you read this far?
Reply
post #337 of 340
Quote:
Originally posted by SonOfSylvanus
...and I'm typing this in IE (sorry but Safari isn't compatible with my School's network. Wow!

Have you tried Omniweb 4.5? It manages some sites where Safari simply gives up.
post #338 of 340
Quote:
Originally posted by SonOfSylvanus
Bitch

My PB is almost perfect (2 Stuck pixels). I had a bit of a downer over this - I still might try and do something about this if anything else goes wrong...
But I am a switcher and this is BLOWING MY MIND...
At the moment I am ripping a CD into iTunes (and that CDDB thing that automatically gets the track names is sooooo cool), I'm listening to a different song from my iTunes library, I'm writing up my lecture/reading notes in Word, and I'm typing this in IE (sorry but Safari isn't compatible with my School's network. Wow!

But - neone find the Superdrive a bit noisy??? It might bother me if I'm trying to watch a quiet DVD...

GOD! This computer is awesome. And I love typing on this thing...

I feel ya holmes! it's a killer machine. I've just noticed the screen things people are bitching about (white spots and darker on the right) which hurts, but shit, I still love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a switcher too, I think im gonna marry this 15" bizatch!
post #339 of 340
Quote:
Originally posted by SonOfSylvanus


But - neone find the Superdrive a bit noisy??? It might bother me if I'm trying to watch a quiet DVD...

GOD! This computer is awesome. And I love typing on this thing...

Actually, I'm amazed how silent mine is, ripping CDs or DVDs. I was a bit worried about that, but the noise level is really low (to me).
1.25GHz 15" SD PowerBook, etc. etc.
15G 3rd Gen iPod

Well i've said it now, nothing's changed
people are burnin for pocket change
and creative minds are lazy
and the big three killed my baby
Reply
1.25GHz 15" SD PowerBook, etc. etc.
15G 3rd Gen iPod

Well i've said it now, nothing's changed
people are burnin for pocket change
and creative minds are lazy
and the big three killed my baby
Reply
post #340 of 340
my combo is a little noisy when ripping cds. but not overly.

and yeh, i gotta say, DAMN. i love this computer. my girlfriend is getting jealous...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Who is buying a new PowerBook?