or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Quality control issues with new PowerBooks...particularly the 15"?

Quality control issues with new PowerBooks...particularly the 15"? - Page 3

post #81 of 590
Quote:
Originally posted by pscates
Cool. That's good. I know there are THOUSANDS more good/glitch-free PowerBooks out there. I want to stress that I don't believe it's every one. That would be insane.

But just seems to be a batch, right off the bat, sharing some similar issues, that's all.

I'm quite certain 90% are totally fine and I'm sure Apple will deal with the others and fix what needs to be fixed.

I'm still getting one, and that hasn't changed. I'm drooling over them more now than I was before!

You might be right.

It seems to me that the most widespread issue is the latch not working properly. I think the latch on the PowerBook is so delicate that some of the mechanisms get damaged in shipping. There are just too many of them exhibiting the problem.

As far as screen anomalies, I think this is a very common phenomenon with TFT displays. I have a fleet of IBM ThinkPad notebooks at work. So, after hearing all the noise about white spots or as some refer to them, "anomalies", I scrutinized the IBM displays. Well all of them had white point inconsistencies.

I think all this talk about the anomalies have people looking for anything abnormal with their PowerBook screens to the point where they are beginning to "see" things, be they real or not. Uniform whiteness of the white background of a TFT screen is virtually impossible.

Now, bad pixels, whether stuck on or off are a real problem. Fortunately my PowerBook does not have them.

Finally, the battery. I have conditioned my battery and am getting full 3 hours from it, using automatic settings. I think its not bad. That said, I hope that Panther will improve on this, and we will probably be getting 4 hours or so out of our batteries.

By the way, the best feature of the PowerBook is not the screen; it is indubitably the keyboard. Simply put, it is better than any laptop or desktop keyboard I have ever used.
post #82 of 590
I have a 15" 1.25Ghz PB that I received last week. I haven't had any problems with it. There is a gap, and it's slightly (very slightly) larger on one side than the other, but it doesn't impact performance at all and you can barely tell. It doesn't appear to be warped in any way.

As far as heat and battery life go, it does heat up quite a bit when I'm doing certain things (like converting CD tracks to AAC), but it tends to cool down pretty quickly when just word processing or surfing the internet. As for the battery life, I haven't exceeded 2 hours, but I have been operating it with Airport on for the most part and haven't really decreased the screen brightness or turned off the keyboard lighting. I would be happier with more battery life, but I'm hoping it will improve a bit with regular usage (calibration, etc.).
post #83 of 590
I just left mine at the Apple store SoHo for repair. Another 1 or 2 weeks wait.

post #84 of 590
Quote:
Originally posted by jasonfj
I just left mine at the Apple store SoHo for repair. Another 1 or 2 weeks wait.

If it makes you feel any better, TNT have lost my Powerbook and there's no sign of it being found
post #85 of 590
When just browsing the internet it stays within 120F and I only got the fan to go on when I created a 100x100 inch files at 300dpi and applied a gradient.

As for the keyboard...it is the quietest I've ever heard, but have yet to like it more then the pro keyboard.
0 People Found This Reply Helpful
post #86 of 590
Quote:
Originally posted by the cool gut
I personally wouldn't buy a Rev. A product. That would especially apply to the portable lineup. Portables are expensive to fix, and while Apple will take care of you for the first year ... it's really the years after warrantee that count - unless you can afford the Applecare.

Obviously, these are sexy machines, and most lust worthy. However if you are concerned about the above issues - just wait and save your money.

Probably not a bad idea to wait (if you can!). I didn't, but I was only transiently unhappy; now I'm as thrilled as can be. As far as insurance goes, only Apple's repairs are covered for a year; support expires after 3 months. "Only an idiot" would shell out >$2500 for a computer and not invest in the extra 12% for the ACP. Consider it tipping your computer. Based on my experience (and with an iMac!) it's worth every penny just to be able to call up Apple and have someone help you solve the problem.

By the by, after 2 weeks my 15" AlBook is still doing great. Latch and screen are 100%, and I'm getting about 3 hours out of a full charge with moderate, not miserly, usage - about what I expected. Want more, and you should get a spare battery or bring the handy-dandy charger that comes with the computer. Trans-Pacific flight? Take a break and watch the movie. The AirPort antenna may actually be TOO good. Last night I began picking up what must've been a neighbor's wireless network, and it drowned out my own (I have an old graphite base station, too). I couldn't even get into the base station via Admin Utility to change the channel! Probably not a PB problem per se. I do dig this machine.
post #87 of 590
I was hoping to not consider this 15" a true "first generation" machine, seeing how it's pretty much an offshoot of the 12" and 17" when it comes to hinge, enclosure, materials, I/O, latch, AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth, etc.

It's not as though this is a brand new design and all three PowerBooks were just released last week for the first time in this design/enclosure. I don't recall hearing ANYTHING like this with the 12" and 17" models (the only bad thing I've ever heard about either was the heat generated from the 12").

It's almost as though the 15" was designed and created in a vacuum, completely unaware of the other two models.

Maybe by some interns in the ID division?

If anything, I really expected the 15" model to benefit from the 8 months or so of the others being in existence and that it would come out of the gate about as flawless and gremlin-free as any product Apple has ever released.

Guess not.

Am I gonna have to buy the 17" dammit?

post #88 of 590
Quote:

Exactly my predicament.

If I go and get the 15" SD model, I'm forced to pay the infamous $100 'Apple RAM Tax' to get 1 512 instead of 2 256s (which irritates me to no end ). In doing that, it brings the price up to a mere $300 difference to just go ahead and get the 17" (which has only 1 512 BTW).

The extra screen real estate would be nice...but damn they're big.
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
post #89 of 590
my pb al 15 is good to go. very nice machine, go buy one
PB 1.25/512/80/Combo

iBook 500/256/10/Combo
PB 1.25/512/80/Combo

iBook 500/256/10/Combo
post #90 of 590
I've been chewing on this for almost two days now...

I even had a dream that I had a 17" PowerBook last night.

Hmmm...

A few more MHz, quite a few more pixels, 1 512MB stick, etc. for only a few hundred more bucks...
post #91 of 590
I just got my 15" 1.25 PB this morning. It is awesome! No problems!
post #92 of 590
Quote:
I was hoping to not consider this 15" a true "first generation" machine, seeing how it's pretty much an offshoot of the 12" and 17" when it comes to hinge, enclosure, materials, I/O, latch, AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth, etc.

It's not as though this is a brand new design and all three PowerBooks were just released last week for the first time in this design/enclosure. I don't recall hearing ANYTHING like this with the 12" and 17" models (the only bad thing I've ever heard about either was the heat generated from the 12").

It's almost as though the 15" was designed and created in a vacuum, completely unaware of the other two models.

Maybe by some interns in the ID division?

If anything, I really expected the 15" model to benefit from the 8 months or so of the others being in existence and that it would come out of the gate about as flawless and gremlin-free as any product Apple has ever released.

Guess not.

Paul:

I have just finished working on a TI 667 (one of my clients), and the hinge on that thing does not work half the time. Very similar to the Aluminum ones.

I think that the hinge design is simply flawed because it is so delicate. The reason you are hearing so much about the problems is two-fold: a) you are actively trying to hear something good or bad about the computer, since you are planning to buy it, and b) this thing is selling like crazy, much faster than the 17-incher (I don't even understand why Apple is manufacturing it; according to my friends in the business, the 17s are hardly selling) and definitely faster than the 12s.

Best
post #93 of 590
Quote:
I've been chewing on this for almost two days now...

I even had a dream that I had a 17" PowerBook last night.

Hmmm...

A few more MHz, quite a few more pixels, 1 512MB stick, etc. for only a few hundred more bucks...

The "17 is an unwieldy monster. Its brobdingnagian aesthetics do not appeal to me at all. Add a strap to the bottom and it can be used as a tower shield. And they are not selling all that well, according to the local dealer, while the demand for the 15-incher is approaching mass hysteria levels.
post #94 of 590
I really don't think the 17" is unwieldy... I mean, come on, it's only 1.7" wider & 0.7" deeper (and 0.1' thinner) than the 15"! I guess the 1.3 pound difference in weight might be a backbreaker for some, but honestly... for me, the gasping difference is in the amount of screen real estate available once I pop it open. I fully intended to buy a second display (I'm a graphic designer burdened with the usual array of palette-intensive apps), but after using it for a while I'm wondering if that's necessary at all. Every "holy cow that's big!" comment from people so far has been directed at the screen when it's open, not when it's closed & sitting or being carried around. Differences between the 12" and the 17", however, is a wholly different matter, but that I think goes beyond just size & weight...
post #95 of 590
Quote:
Originally posted by Kabeyun
..."Only an idiot" would shell out >$2500 for a computer and not invest in the extra 12% for the ACP.

Are you calling me an idiot? Can someone tell me how long I have till I can't purchase the ACP plan for my 15" anymore? Am I correct that I can until the one year point of when I bought it?

Also the 15" is beautiful, I have no problems, well besides the latch, but as long as I don't close it like a baby it is perfect.

What does the free 1 year support cover? I mean I guess if I drop it they won't replace broken parts for me, but would I get it any cheaper? They only replace faulty parts the mysteriously stop working right?
post #96 of 590
Quote:
Originally posted by ast3r3x
Are you calling me an idiot? Can someone tell me how long I have till I can't purchase the ACP plan for my 15" anymore? Am I correct that I can until the one year point of when I bought it?

Also the 15" is beautiful, I have no problems, well besides the latch, but as long as I don't close it like a baby it is perfect.

What does the free 1 year support cover? I mean I guess if I drop it they won't replace broken parts for me, but would I get it any cheaper? They only replace faulty parts the mysteriously stop working right?

Who cares? I just got my 15"PB this morning. The minute they announce a new version... this one will be gone. It does not pay to purchase ACP if you change computers as often as I do.
post #97 of 590
Doez ACP cover theft?
post #98 of 590
Quote:

The heat in the 12" was an initial issue under 10.2.3, less of an issue under the next 10.2.x, x>3. Also, you seem to forget that the 12" powerbook 867 MHz, suffered from a number of other issues, apart heat: (1) case warping (2) non-uniform gap between display and computer when the display is closed (3) latch problem, to the same extend as in the 15" model, perhaps worse (4) battery not properly aligned with the bottom surface of the computer. I remember reading about such problems for one or two months after the first 12" shipped. Then silence... I don't know, I have the feeling that after 1-2 months and after receiving many units for replacement, Apple finally improves its fabrication process to reduce or eliminate such problems. Something like quiet revision. The 17" model had much less problems, but that's what appears to happen (don't forget that MUCH less people choose the 17" over the 12", so there is indeed a bias of statistical origin here; simply I don't know in what extend).

That said, I am a bit surpised to see the history to repeat itself in the 15". I would say, if you can, wait for a month or so and then buy.

PS: Oh, I forgot the sticky trackpad button in many of the original 12" powerbooks!
post #99 of 590
Quote:
Originally posted by EDS66
Paul:

I have just finished working on a TI 667 (one of my clients), and the hinge on that thing does not work half the time. Very similar to the Aluminum ones.

I bet you talk about the latch mechanism. The hinge of the aluminium models is far superior compared the one of the titanium models.
post #100 of 590
Yesterday I posted that after I initially checked out my new 1.25Ghz 15" model that there were no problems....wrong! I knew I jinxed myself!

The latch worked fine (the 1st time). Then went I went to work, I tried to close it and guess what? It just popped up again?! I was like "oh for f*cks sake"..$4000.00 w/tax and it won't close? But, thanks to the link provided about the "latch fix"...I did (very gingerly I might add) and it now latches just fine.

Other than that...VERY pleased with my new Powerbook. Oh yea, the backlit keyboard is simply AWESOME. Happy Computing!
post #101 of 590
Quote:
Originally posted by lsngctrl
Who cares? I just got my 15"PB this morning. The minute they announce a new version... this one will be gone. It does not pay to purchase ACP if you change computers as often as I do.

Thanks for answering my question. Not everyone exchanges models so quickly
post #102 of 590
Quote:
Thanks for answering my question. Not everyone exchanges models so quickly

Oh, I know. I did not mean to sound like a snob. My work is always making me test the newest models. I am so thankful for iSync. I don't know what I would do without it???
post #103 of 590
Quote:
Originally posted by PB
The heat in the 12" was an initial issue under 10.2.3, less of an issue under the next 10.2.x, x>3. Also, you seem to forget that the 12" powerbook 867 MHz, suffered from a number of other issues, apart heat: (1) case warping (2) non-uniform gap between display and computer when the display is closed (3) latch problem, to the same extend as in the 15" model, perhaps worse (4) battery not properly aligned with the bottom surface of the computer. I remember reading about such problems for one or two months after the first 12" shipped. Then silence... I don't know, I have the feeling that after 1-2 months and after receiving many units for replacement, Apple finally improves its fabrication process to reduce or eliminate such problems. Something like quiet revision. The 17" model had much less problems, but that's what appears to happen (don't forget that MUCH less people choose the 17" over the 12", so there is indeed a bias of statistical origin here; simply I don't know in what extend).

That said, I am a bit surpised to see the history to repeat itself in the 15". I would say, if you can, wait for a month or so and then buy.

PS: Oh, I forgot the sticky trackpad button in many of the original 12" powerbooks!

I must say that I think they have fixed any issues. I just got mine yesterday and it is perfect! I mean that with all seriousness. It is perfect!
post #104 of 590
Quote:
Well in a month or so I want to see someone who got a new AlBook and see if it looks likes mine. If theirs doesn't have a gap then I an returning mine.

Can someone else check their backlit keyboard to see if your top row of F-keys and arrow keys light up as well as the other keys, as mine do not.

And although I guess I knew that it would be white I would have loved the blue backlit keyboard that was on the 17"

F-Keys do not light as well, arrow keys are better, but not as good as middle keys. I didn't notice until I specifically looked.

I have an even gap all the way around (top of screen can be squeezed slighly closer before the pads touch. I would say this looks normal.

If your gap is uneven (when not pressing down on the screen) talk to apple.
post #105 of 590
Quote:
Originally posted by PB
I bet you talk about the latch mechanism. The hinge of the aluminium models is far superior compared the one of the titanium models.

Yes, I meant the latch.
post #106 of 590
Quote:
Originally posted by Spyky
F-Keys do not light as well, arrow keys are better, but not as good as middle keys. I didn't notice until I specifically looked.

I have an even gap all the way around (top of screen can be squeezed slighly closer before the pads touch. I would say this looks normal.

If your gap is uneven (when not pressing down on the screen) talk to apple.

I don't think my gap is even. I will wait a little longer before I ask for a new machine. Do I just say that I want to replace it because my gap is uneven meaning that the screen is warped? Will they replace it for that? Also how long do you think it will take to get replaced?

I wouldn't have to but I think I may call to get it replaced as I really would like perfection, and even though my latch works as long as I close it with a slight bit of force I shouldn't have to.
post #107 of 590
Quote:
I don't think my gap is even. I will wait a little longer before I ask for a new machine. Do I just say that I want to replace it because my gap is uneven meaning that the screen is warped? Will they replace it for that? Also how long do you think it will take to get replaced?

I wouldn't have to but I think I may call to get it replaced as I really would like perfection, and even though my latch works as long as I close it with a slight bit of force I shouldn't have to.

My gap is uneven also. PowerBooks at my local Apple Store (Tysons Corner) do not have perfectly even gaps. I don't think this is something to worry about. In my case the gap on the right side of the latch is maybe a millimeter wider than on the left. This is one "defect" that does not bother me at all.
post #108 of 590
Well actually looking now it's uniform on either side. But my ends are maybe like 1mm (maybe more or less it's just slightly noticable) farther away then where the latch is. Is this how everyone's is. Think I should not worry about my latch problem (since it isn't really a problem?)
post #109 of 590
Quote:
Originally posted by EDS66
My gap is uneven also. PowerBooks at my local Apple Store (Tysons Corner) do not have perfectly even gaps. I don't think this is something to worry about. In my case the gap on the right side of the latch is maybe a millimeter wider than on the left. This is one "defect" that does not bother me at all.

Hmm, I've looked at those Tysons PBs and didn't notice a gap gap on the 15 at the front ot the store on the left. That doesn't mean there wasn't one, just that I didn't notice.

My new 15 seemed bowed and still is a bit. When closed, the 2 ends are higher than the center latch area. I tried to compensate by bending the bezel and it worked somewhat but I don't recommend any trying this because you could crack the display. I was very careful.

OK, back to battery life. As I keep reconditioning the battery, I'm getting longer and longer lifespans. The best so far is 2:43 but I'll keep working on it. I'm jealous of the 3 hr. doods.

But hey, it shouldn't be this way. We shouldn't have to try so hard to squeeze out a few extra minutes. I'll be happy when NewerTech makes a replacement battery for this thing that can restore the lost 32%.

Also, aside from this very minor problem, this new PB rocks! Definitely worth getting!
post #110 of 590
I'm not sure what all the hullabaloo is about the 'gap' on the outer parts of the LCD lid. I'm new to APPLE and the gaps I see on the outer edges of my 15" AL PB, I've seen in countless Wintel notebooks (DELL INSPIRONS, LATITUDES, etc.); and this is within the past three years!

It's really no big deal. Now the 2 1/2 hour battery life - that's a BIG deal...

post #111 of 590
Quote:
Originally posted by Rolo
Hmm, I've looked at those Tysons PBs and didn't notice a gap gap on the 15 at the front ot the store on the left. That doesn't mean there wasn't one, just that I didn't notice.

My new 15 seemed bowed and still is a bit. When closed, the 2 ends are higher than the center latch area. I tried to compensate by bending the bezel and it worked somewhat but I don't recommend any trying this because you could crack the display. I was very careful.

OK, back to battery life. As I keep reconditioning the battery, I'm getting longer and longer lifespans. The best so far is 2:43 but I'll keep working on it. I'm jealous of the 3 hr. doods.

But hey, it shouldn't be this way. We shouldn't have to try so hard to squeeze out a few extra minutes. I'll be happy when NewerTech makes a replacement battery for this thing that can restore the lost 32%.

Also, aside from this very minor problem, this new PB rocks! Definitely worth getting!

Rolo:
They all have gaps. Some are bigger some are smaller. I really thing it's by design. Mine bow upward at the ends also, by the way.

I get three hours out of my battery when I use automatic settings. I think that even 3 hours is below par for the course these days, but it's not bad. I am confident that once panther ships we will all get more out of our batteries.

There is another thing I noticed today: the right side of my display appears to be brighter than the left. The farther from the right edge you go, the less bright the display gets. This is particularly visible when I use lower brightness settings and is most pronounced when viewing white backgrounds. At the highest setting, the problem is barely perceptible. Maybe the backlight is on the right side. Anyone else noticed this?
post #112 of 590
Pushing all the quirky 15" AlBook issues aside (not to mention the current disappointing battery life) the thing that worries me the most is the current display problem(s). It seems that Apple has a bad batch of 15.2" displays as new buyers are popping up left and right stating they have these 'white' or 'light' spots on their displays (one of my TiBooks had this so I know exactly what they are talking about).

You really can't blow this off as the usual manufacturer defects that happen once in a while and the message boards that attract people who want to complain about these issues. This sounds more like an obvious epidemic and Apple needs to do something about it.

Just take a look at this thread in the MacNN forums and see how many people are returning their 15" AlBooks. Apple needs to grab a hold of this LCD manufacturer and either have them correct the problem, or shop around for a new LCD maker for this model. I certainly hope this isn't yet another area where Apple is trying to cut corners.

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...hreadid=179782

Obviously (as noted in this thread) not everyone is having problems with this model, but these LCD issues that are popping up seem a bit overwhelming for a notebook that was JUST released. Imagine all the people who have these issues and don't even realize it, or who don't think about going to a message forum to voice them.

I am truly bummed that I've waited so long for the 15" AlBook and SO many issues are keeping me from getting one. I am assuming Apple will go forward with a quiet revision while manufacturing these, so hopefully by the time Panther is released, all will be sorted out.

post #113 of 590
Quote:
Originally posted by BrunoBruin
My only complaint is that I had to borrow a gorilla from the zoo to get the screws out of the RAM access panel. Man, those things were torqued down like nobody's business!

Can I borrow your gorilla? Seriously, how did you get the screws loose without stripping the screw heads? On a side note, Apple forgot one of my screws on the access panel. At least I do not have to try to get that one loose.
post #114 of 590
yeah the white spots are my number one concern. what worries me the most is that someone mentioned when they first got the machine, the screen was fine, but then it DEVELOPED the spots...and it's getting worse. so even if i get a seemingly good screen out of the box, it could develop spots. ugh.

the amount of negative posts wouldn't concern me if the powerbooks had been out for months and months, but people have just started receiving them and they were only released a couple weeks ago! i'm conflicted on whether i should cancel or not. anyone know if i have to return my printer (which i got with the $99 off deal) and ipod (which i got with the $200 off deal) if i cancel my powerbook order?

has apple in the past done completely silent updates to fix hardware problems or would they just wait till the next major powerbook upgrade to fix them?
post #115 of 590
Considering that Apple is swapping PowerBooks with these "spotty" displays for new ones, I'd say they are doing much more than they normally would do for a non-DOA product.

Normally you would have to have the screen replaced. But for this error, they are giving new laptops. Obviously they must consider this a serious problem also.

I've been using my new 15" PB for over a week now and no spots. The post where they started cropping up on a previously perfect screen bothers me as well. I'm running pixel check every once in a while to give the screen a thorough check and so far, no "spots" (crosses fingers).
post #116 of 590
Mine is noticably brighter on the right side as compared to the left also.
post #117 of 590
Quote:
Mine is noticably brighter on the right side as compared to the left also.

Yea, I think they are all like that. The backlight must be located on the right side. I checked at my local Apple store, and it's the same thing. The difference is only noticeable when the display is dim.
post #118 of 590
Quote:

No, not calling anyone an idiot. Just making a joke based on a prior comment in this thread. I even put in a little smiley-face. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

I do think the ACP is worth it, though, quick-turnovers aside. I like not having to worry about when I can't cry Mayday anymore. Unfortunately I don't know the post-purchase window (wrong term? ), if any.

As for the "problems" with the 15", it seems a bit like people are looking very hard for something to complain about. Maybe the written communication of a thread magnifies this impression, but that's the feeling I get. Now that the latch seems fixable, the other stuff seems a bit trivial; trace asymmetry in brightness, gap variation measurable by micrometer. People, this is the machine we were all salivating for, and now it's not "perfect" so we don't want it? As ast3r3x said, it's beautiful, and I've got no problems in the real sense of the word. My humble advice for those still on the fence is that the 15" AlBook is a fantastic computer that will make owners pleased and non-owners positively green. This quality control stuff is a blown-up bunch of hooey. Get one and I'm sure you'll be happy you did. I think I'm done with this thread.
post #119 of 590
I was being playful, I forgot the smiley, sorry \
post #120 of 590
Quote:
Originally posted by Kabeyun
No, not calling anyone an idiot. Just making a joke based on a prior comment in this thread. I even put in a little smiley-face. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

I do think the ACP is worth it, though, quick-turnovers aside. I like not having to worry about when I can't cry Mayday anymore. Unfortunately I don't know the post-purchase window (wrong term? ), if any.

As for the "problems" with the 15", it seems a bit like people are looking very hard for something to complain about. Maybe the written communication of a thread magnifies this impression, but that's the feeling I get. Now that the latch seems fixable, the other stuff seems a bit trivial; trace asymmetry in brightness, gap variation measurable by micrometer. People, this is the machine we were all salivating for, and now it's not "perfect" so we don't want it? As ast3r3x said, it's beautiful, and I've got no problems in the real sense of the word. My humble advice for those still on the fence is that the 15" AlBook is a fantastic computer that will make owners pleased and non-owners positively green. This quality control stuff is a blown-up bunch of hooey. Get one and I'm sure you'll be happy you did. I think I'm done with this thread.

I'm not at all worried about the gap and so on, but I got spots, they showed up today. It isn't a blown-up bunch of hooey. I'll go through the replacement tap-dance, I suppose.

But I'd still reccommend that people by one. What I'd be interested in knowing is if the spots will be engineered out (really fixed), or if Apple is hoping they won't show up again. I'm figuring the former, but we'll see.
1.25GHz 15" SD PowerBook, etc. etc.
15G 3rd Gen iPod

Well i've said it now, nothing's changed
people are burnin for pocket change
and creative minds are lazy
and the big three killed my baby
1.25GHz 15" SD PowerBook, etc. etc.
15G 3rd Gen iPod

Well i've said it now, nothing's changed
people are burnin for pocket change
and creative minds are lazy
and the big three killed my baby
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Quality control issues with new PowerBooks...particularly the 15"?