or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Power Supply to powerbook pismo?

Power Supply to powerbook pismo?

post #1 of 4
I have a pismo but no power supply. Ive just rung the dealer I usually use and they have quoted me £130..... phew. I assumed the book would take a generic power supply but obviously its some special 'apple' power supply, or am i wrong??...........
post #2 of 4
[quote]Originally posted by MARK_L:
<strong>I have a pismo but no power supply. Ive just rung the dealer I usually use and they have quoted me £130..... phew. I assumed the book would take a generic power supply but obviously its some special 'apple' power supply, or am i wrong??...........</strong><hr></blockquote>

Is that in pounds? I guess...anyway, should be about $80-100 US. I wouldn't go generic.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #3 of 4
There are certain generic power supplies that are compatible with the old version of the Apple power input, usede from the first Duo all the way up to the Pismo. There's nothing wrong with using these, as long as they supply the necessary current for the Pismo (check on this before you buy).

But don't buy Apple, even if you want a premium adapter. I'd suggest the <a href="http://www.madsonline.com/index.html?older.html~mainFrame" target="_blank">madsonline micro adapter</a> ($88 US). Make sure you don't get an adapter made for the TiBook or IceBook, as these won't work.
post #4 of 4
Call Apple. They probably have a few left on the shelves somewhere. All you have to do is keep bothering Apple Support for long enough and they'llgive you what you need.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Power Supply to powerbook pismo?