or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › G3 B&W grey screen at startup

G3 B&W grey screen at startup

post #1 of 7
My G3 B&W has a grey screen at startup.... have you ever seen that before? somebody told me it is somewhat related with the battery. Is it true?
post #2 of 7
Mine does, too, I think. I never thought that was unusual, though. What is it supposed to be? It starts with a gray screen then eventually goes to blue with the MacOS sign as it loads up.
Lauren Sanchez? That kinda hotness is just plain unnatural.
post #3 of 7
yes but mine stays grey... it never goes to the blue screen
post #4 of 7
...meaning your computer never reaches the boot stage? Sounds like a serious hardware problem.
post #5 of 7
[quote]Originally posted by Randycat99:
<strong>...meaning your computer never reaches the boot stage? Sounds like a serious hardware problem.</strong><hr></blockquote>

doesnt sound like a serious hardware problem at all, does it chime? do you get any sound? beeps?

take out the ram and pop back in 1 by 1, hold the cuda switch for 15 seconds- it's on the motherboard, there are 2 grey buttons near the chip, 1 is the power and the other is the cuda

take out the battery on the board and swap it with a $5 one from radioshack... just take yours in and ask for one of em

try those out and get back to us
post #6 of 7
Also remove all peripherals--both internal and external. Add them back one by one to isolate the culprit.

I had this problem with an iMac and this was Apple's troubleshooting process. It worked.

BTW, it's not related to the battery, I don't think.
post #7 of 7
Can you boot from a CD?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › G3 B&W grey screen at startup