or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › I want AppleOutsider back.

I want AppleOutsider back. - Page 2

Poll Results: Do you want AO back, like it used to be?

• 45% (19)
    Yes, I want AO back, like it used to be.
  • 23% (10)
    No, AO is fine the way it is right now.
  • 30% (13)
    Whatever.
42 Total Votes  
post #41 of 52
AO is quite entertaining if you don't have a metal pole up your ass...

*adjusts seat*
I'm RICH beotch!!!
I'm RICH beotch!!!
post #42 of 52
Quote:
Originally posted by DiscoCow
AO is quite entertaining if you don't have a metal pole up your ass...

*adjusts seat*

I have a metal pole near my ass, it allows my seat to be able to spin 360* , now I ask you, if you take that away from me, are you no better than the filth that drives me home when i am crying in from of the statue of Señor McDonald. Nay, i say, Nay.... what do you call yourself? From a high steeple, to the lowest pebble, we are men, not cowards, we shall fight with dignity until the bitter end....the bitter end...

naw, parté!!!!!!
post #43 of 52
AO is fine the way it is.

If you don't like the tone of it, don't contribute to making it that way. You can also easily avoid threads with subjects concerning controversial issues. I mean, come on folks. Any threads that say something like "Arnold will be a terrible governor" or "Bush administration lying about WMDs" are bound to be bad news.

I avoid the muck, and therefore have no complaints about AO.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #44 of 52
I used to LOVE AppleOutsider when it was all about cultural discussions, political discussions were kept in Fireside Chat. When they were merged I was assured that it would not turn into Fireside Chat.

They were wrong.

So, I stopped going to that forum. Then I installed my own messageboard on my own website and posted my own stuff up there whenever I felt like it. Sometimes my friends use my messageboard, mostly they don't. Either way, it replaced AO for this elder member of the AI forums and served to pry me away from the AI site.

Too bad for you guys!
Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon @ drewprops.com
Oldest Member of AI (Jan 99) until JRC snaps to his senses and starts posting again. (the blackout borked my join date)
Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon @ drewprops.com
Oldest Member of AI (Jan 99) until JRC snaps to his senses and starts posting again. (the blackout borked my join date)
post #45 of 52
I totally agree with drewprops. Fireside Chat took the nastiness out of AO, and I think it should not have been shut down for that reason.

I know the admins think differently, but I certainly don't visit AO anymore.

Barto
Self Indulgent Experiments keep me occupied.

rotate zmze pe vizspygmsr minus four

post #46 of 52
Quote:
Originally posted by Barto
I totally agree with drewprops. Fireside Chat took the nastiness out of AO, and I think it should not have been shut down for that reason.

I know the admins think differently, but I certainly don't visit AO anymore.

Barto

Good riddance.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #47 of 52
Wow, that HURTS coming from you BR.

post #48 of 52
Quote:
Originally posted by pscates

That would be me. I couldn't trust myself to not wallow in the mud on some of the more outrageous threads (but it's ultimately a headache and not worth the hassle). Now AO doesn't even show in my forum list and so I can't even worry/think about it.

Very cool.

It's a Mac-oriented site, so it feels better coming here just for that stuff anyway. Besides, there are tons of other places on the Internet for people to bicker, carry on and generally act like raging assholes to the third power...

me too....tis sweet

g

ps...and i don't believe i have a metal pole up my backside (will ask the misses to look later tonight)...just dislike the amount of hate (and especially when it came from me) that seems to cling to AO like a cloak of shame and death...
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
post #49 of 52
See, BRussell? Get off my case.

thegelding thinks the same way. Go bother him.

post #50 of 52
I think Apple Outsider's better than it's been for ages. There's been an an outbreak of good manners and some new religious types.

All we need now that Mika's back is Noah J, Groverat with some free time and Fellowship's dumpster.

And New. What happened to New?
post #51 of 52
Quote:
Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah
And New. What happened to New?

New's still around...
There are 3 types of people in the world.

Those who count.

&

Those who can't.
There are 3 types of people in the world.

Those who count.

&

Those who can't.
post #52 of 52
I liked Fireside Chat because I could stay out of it. There's still some threads in AO that I want to read, but when I go in there I have to pick through too much crap. I want FC back, but I completely understand why the admins did away with it, can you imagine trying to moderate that forum? People were nastier in there than they are in AO now, over the same issues, but took it to an extreme just because it had it's own forum, people thought they could/should be as mean to each other as possible.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › I want AppleOutsider back.