or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Whatcha Listening To? Thread v3

Whatcha Listening To? Thread v3 - Page 2

post #41 of 916
Scriti Politi- Tinseltown to the Boogiedown
~Winner of the Official 2003 AppleInsider NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Pool~
~Winner of the Official 2003 AppleInsider NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Pool~
post #42 of 916
'Spare Brain' - Doctor Rockit
post #43 of 916
'Kokopelli' - Kosheen
post #44 of 916
wah wah - george harrison
post #45 of 916
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Abrey
'Kokopelli' - Kosheen

I've been so stuck on listening to Muse:Absolution over and over again that I forgot I've had this for a week. It's a good record. Any comments on my comments from the last page?

Seriously, though, I'm more stuck on Absolution than any other record I've bought since the Stone Roses' debut back in 1989. It's simply awesome.

And who says there are no good records out these days? Oh, yeah, most of you who say that are in the US, and have never heard of Muse or Kosheen or Starsailor.
post #46 of 916
Loud and Clear - Scooter
horrid misuse of cool technology
SSBA.COM
horrid misuse of cool technology
SSBA.COM
post #47 of 916
Two Step -- Dave Matthews Band
A.N.!!!!!
A.N.!!!!!
post #48 of 916
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
I've been so stuck on listening to Muse:Absolution over and over again that I forgot I've had this for a week. It's a good record. Any comments on my comments from the last page?

Seriously, though, I'm more stuck on Absolution than any other record I've bought since the Stone Roses' debut back in 1989. It's simply awesome.

And who says there are no good records out these days? Oh, yeah, most of you who say that are in the US, and have never heard of Muse or Kosheen or Starsailor.

Can't really comment on your comments yet, as this is the first time I've listened to it! Very impressed so far .

I'm not a fan of Starsailor (at least from what I've heard), and I don't think I've ever heard any Muse - have they got any samples on iTMS? I may not be able to buy the songs, but I can at least listen to any samples.

Dave.
post #49 of 916
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Abrey
Can't really comment on your comments yet, as this is the first time I've listened to it! Very impressed so far .

I'm not a fan of Starsailor (at least from what I've heard), and I don't think I've ever heard any Muse - have they got any samples on iTMS? I may not be able to buy the songs, but I can at least listen to any samples.

Dave.

http://www.muse.mu

The first track on the album, Apocalypse Please, plays in the background while you browse the site. Number one album in UK last week! Wow. Winner of the "Innovation in Music" award at last week's Q awards (Q is the best UK music mag).

Best tracks: Apocalypse Please, Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria (freakin' awesome bass intro!), Time is Running Out (that's the single), Butterflies and Hurricanes, damn, all the tracks are good.

The first Muse album Showbiz is on iTMS, but I haven't bought it yet, so I don't know how good it is. But Absolution has been acclaimed by everybody as their peak effort.
post #50 of 916

Michelle Branch- Tuesday Morning

and now...Im listnin to some new Onyx track but dont know the name
post #51 of 916
ugly beauty (take 4) - thelonious monk

exclusive track from iTMS
post #52 of 916
new strokes album! i dig it. officially due out the 28th. i'll have to buy it.
post #53 of 916
Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnJ
new strokes album! i dig it. officially due out the 28th. i'll have to buy it.

I don't get why the Strokes are dissed so much. Who cares if they're spoiled rich kids. They're good.
post #54 of 916
Ultraviolence - Killing God

mmm, yummy hardcore.
I'm lacto-enzyme-oxy intolerant!
I use breathatarian-based emollient
Meditation makes me ebullient!
I've never earned a day's emolument.
I'm lacto-enzyme-oxy intolerant!
I use breathatarian-based emollient
Meditation makes me ebullient!
I've never earned a day's emolument.
post #55 of 916
The Strokes-Reptilia Damn good song, damn good album. I thought their second release would suck but I was very wrong.
post #56 of 916
i got Gorillaz - punk, 911, on right now, havent listened to them in a while.
I live in a shack and poop in an out house. I study Islam, play chess to sharpen warfare skill and killer instinct
I live in a shack and poop in an out house. I study Islam, play chess to sharpen warfare skill and killer instinct
post #57 of 916
Kanye West- Through The Wire
post #58 of 916
Elvis 2nd to None

It's interesting to see how my music tastes have changed over time... 15 years ago, I'd only listen to heavy music, and if someone had said "Here, listen to this Elvis CD, it's actually rather good", I'd probably have laughed at them. A lot! Not now though 8).

Dave.
post #59 of 916
The Ramones - I'm not Jesus

Perfect for a Sunday afternoon.
post #60 of 916
Yasmeen- Blue Jeans
post #61 of 916
'You And Your Friend' (live)
by Dire Straits

Funny thing, when i was 14, my sister played few of their songs to me..
My music taste changed a lot since, but Dire Straits was/will be always one of my favorites, what a great band, and their live shows.. oh man...

:-)
What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? _(W.C. Fields)
What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? _(W.C. Fields)
post #62 of 916
'The Wreckoning' - by Boomkat
post #63 of 916
Kelly Clarkson!

(actually, I'm listening to extreme leftist propaganda. I'm trying to brainwash myself).
post #64 of 916
post #65 of 916
Say Goodbye -- Dave Matthews Band
A.N.!!!!!
A.N.!!!!!
post #66 of 916
"Left Side / Right Side" by Boomkat

It's exactly about what you'd think it is.
post #67 of 916
hey ya! - outkast
from the double album speakerboxx/the love below, 2003
alles sal reg kom
alles sal reg kom
post #68 of 916
nostradamus - al stewart

eyes like yours - shakira
post #69 of 916
"I want Candy"
[ Don't Panic Engineering ]
post #70 of 916
HEAVY SUMOSONIC Volume 19....

Just delivered today. HEAVY Rules.
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
post #71 of 916
my girlfriend....
post #72 of 916
Story of the Year- Until the Day I Die
post #73 of 916
College Radio, The Royal Tenenbaums Soundtrack, and Blow Out, by Radiohead
"I'm not afraid of computers - they're defenseless" - Thom Yorke
"I'm not afraid of computers - they're defenseless" - Thom Yorke
post #74 of 916
waves breaking on the beach and the occasional chirp of crickets.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #75 of 916
jackhammers
post #76 of 916
Cky- escape from Hellview
post #77 of 916
Eh... my girlfriend yelling at me again.
post #78 of 916
^^LOL....kick that b¡tch to the curve man....seriously if theres one thing I learned its dont deal with females who put you through any kind of ish

Push Button Objects- 360 degrees (Prefuse 73 rmx)
post #79 of 916
Public Enemy- Shut Em Down (Pete Rock remix)
post #80 of 916
AIR - 10,000 Hz Legend
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Whatcha Listening To? Thread v3