or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › G4 Cube Power Supply

G4 Cube Power Supply

post #1 of 7
Hey everyone. A couple of days ago I picked up a G4 Cube 450MHz @ CompUSA for $500 including 3 y. service plan. There is only one problem... no power supply. I checked the Cube with my friend's power supply and it worked fine. Now I need to find one for myself. So far I found one on ebay for about $100. Anyone here has one for sale? I would buy a "dead" power supply too, since it will be replaced under my 3 y. service contract - but I have to have the bad power supply in order for them to be able to replace it. Help, please.
MrMarek
Mitch Marek
MrMarek
Mitch Marek
post #2 of 7
G4 cube for $500? What a deal! Did the cube come without the power supply to begin with? Why don't you just ask CompUSA if they still have it?
post #3 of 7
This was "refurbished" (returned by customer) unit. Power supply was missing... I just got an offer for a working power supply - $75 plus $10 shipping... Anyone else with a better offer?
MrMarek
Mitch Marek
MrMarek
Mitch Marek
post #4 of 7
I'll give you 75 plus shipping and a free box of cookies for the cube.
IBL!
IBL!
post #5 of 7
OK, I found a new G4 Cube power supply for $65. Let me know if you need one!
MrMarek
Mitch Marek
MrMarek
Mitch Marek
post #6 of 7
[quote]Originally posted by MrMarek:
<strong>Hey everyone. A couple of days ago I picked up a G4 Cube 450MHz @ CompUSA for $500 including 3 y. service plan. There is only one problem... no power supply. I checked the Cube with my friend's power supply and it worked fine. Now I need to find one for myself. So far I found one on ebay for about $100. Anyone here has one for sale? I would buy a "dead" power supply too, since it will be replaced under my 3 y. service contract - but I have to have the bad power supply in order for them to be able to replace it. Help, please.</strong><hr></blockquote>

THE CUBE! TO DATE APPLE'S BIGGEST BLUNDER!
post #7 of 7
Umm... since you bought the cube from ChumpUSA, and got a warranty/service agreement, then shouldn't they replace the power supply if it was missing?

-robo
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › G4 Cube Power Supply