or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › changing user names
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

changing user names

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
i've noticed quite a few have had their user names changed by admin.

i'd just like to say this isn't fair since i would like to change mine

post #2 of 25
I don't know what you are talking about.

The only user whose name has been changed is superkaratemonkeydeathcar. His name was changed to "superkarate monkeydeathcar" because the original was too long and distorted the forums when displayed.

If you mean that mihbot has changed from murbot, well, that's just one of the perks to being a moderator.
post #3 of 25
Quote:
Originally posted by burningwheel
i've noticed quite a few have had their user names changed by admin.

i'd just like to say this isn't fair since i would like to change mine


Burningwheel is a good name, you shouldn't change it.
post #4 of 25
Those who had their names changed were mods... murbot became mihrbot, and Jamie became Jambo.

Consider it a perk of the (thankless, volunteer) job. Also, you can still tell who is who. I remember a time when people changed their name once a week, and nobody could keep them straight. Anyone remember Par XXI?
Kappa Rho Alpha Theta Zeta Omega Nu Epsilon
Reply
Kappa Rho Alpha Theta Zeta Omega Nu Epsilon
Reply
post #5 of 25
Quote:
Originally posted by bauman
Those who had their names changed were mods... murbot became mihrbot, and Jamie became Jambo.

they're not the only ones. a few other mods changed thier names too. i cant remember all of them, but i remember being a bit confused for a while. i think brad used to be starfleet or something like that. though that was a while ago. they do it from time to time to keep us peons in line.

if u want a new name, just register a new account. then, if u want to get back ur post count, start a thread and mass-reply to it. or reply to a lot of legitimate threads with "yea" or "no". you could even cut down on most of the letterage, and make it "y" or "n".
post #6 of 25
Thread Starter 
Mulattabianca (sp?) > Giaguara

i can't remember another one offhand

edit: here's another
ShawnJPatrick (i think) > ShawnJ
post #7 of 25
Quote:
Originally posted by burningwheel
i've noticed quite a few have had their user names changed by admin.

i'd just like to say this isn't fair since i would like to change mine


I assume you've already PM'd Brad and/or Jon and asked nicely, then resorted to starting this 'it's not fair' thread because they denied you for some reason...

Hmm?
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
Reply
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
Reply
post #8 of 25
Well I for one noticed that someone was so kind as to change my post count from a nice clean even 1000 to 1002 overnight. Very cute.

Now since it doesn't matter I kept posting. It's all good.
I never get tired of being right all the time... but I do get tired of having to prove it to you again and again.
Reply
I never get tired of being right all the time... but I do get tired of having to prove it to you again and again.
Reply
post #9 of 25
Quote:
Originally posted by thuh Freak
they're not the only ones. a few other mods changed thier names too. i cant remember all of them, but i remember being a bit confused for a while. i think brad used to be starfleet or something like that. though that was a while ago. they do it from time to time to keep us peons in line.

Oh, let's see... LoCash used to be M3DJack or something like it, and I think something else in between. Brad was StarfleetX, and... wait... mihrbot changed his name back!

AAHHH THE CONFUSION!
Kappa Rho Alpha Theta Zeta Omega Nu Epsilon
Reply
Kappa Rho Alpha Theta Zeta Omega Nu Epsilon
Reply
post #10 of 25
Remember "There Is No G5"? He was that for a while, then "Yet Another Registration," and finally "Jet Powers" before he left... his last post was in January.
post #11 of 25
I couldn't get used to seeing mihrbot as my username... had to change it back.
post #12 of 25
Quote:
Originally posted by murbot
I couldn't get used to seeing mihrbot as my username... had to change it back.

Glad to see you home again mate.
I never get tired of being right all the time... but I do get tired of having to prove it to you again and again.
Reply
I never get tired of being right all the time... but I do get tired of having to prove it to you again and again.
Reply
post #13 of 25
Quote:
Originally posted by burningwheel
Mulattabianca (sp?) > Giaguara

i can't remember another one offhand

edit: here's another
ShawnJPatrick (i think) > ShawnJ

I'm pretty sure those are wholly new accounts that were registered. Xidius created a new account as well. We don't usually change people's names.

And yeah, I used to be: M3D Jack. We (the mods/admins) changed our names to gangsta names or something one night. I ended up keeping my new name
post #14 of 25
Quote:
Originally posted by LoCash
I'm pretty sure those are wholly new accounts that were registered. Xidius created a new account as well. We don't usually change people's names.

And yeah, I used to be: M3D Jack. We (the mods/admins) changed our names to gangsta names or something one night. I ended up keeping my new name

I make the biggest change when i become a mod : from powerdoc to Powerdoc . I also try Doc, but tthe team mates do not like this one, so i stay with powerdoc.

I also appeared as Leonis beloved cat, but it was an another account.
post #15 of 25
This is begining to feel like a Mod board. (not that I'd know or anything....)
I never get tired of being right all the time... but I do get tired of having to prove it to you again and again.
Reply
I never get tired of being right all the time... but I do get tired of having to prove it to you again and again.
Reply
post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself
This is begining to feel like a Mod board. (not that I'd know or anything....)

At least , you can have an idea of what looks like the mod forum ...
post #17 of 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself
This is begining to feel like a Mod board.





post #18 of 25
What an ugly case mod... someone should put it down.


*young, tear drenched, boy loads shotgun and shoots the case*
post #19 of 25
My Name was Wrong Robot, back in the UBB forums, when you were allowed to change your name, I changed it to Wrong Robust as a kind of joke describing apple's products as being robust but in the wrong way.

I stopped visiting for a few months, then when I came back it was vBulletin, and you could no longer change your name freely.

So now I'm stuck with Wrong Robust...I guess\
orange you just glad?
Reply
orange you just glad?
Reply
post #20 of 25
i was superkaratemonkeydeathcar on the UBB forum, and when AI switched over to vB brad had to put a space in between karate and monkey.

ever since the change the air has smelled sweeter, food tastes better, and bowel movements seem to to be smoother. life is good. thanks to brad.
post #21 of 25
I like Robots.



*waves wand*
post #22 of 25


Now who ever said "Power Corrupts"?
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
Reply
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
Reply
post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally posted by 709


Now who ever said "Power Corrupts"?

That would be Lord Acton (I don't know who he was or when/where he lived).

But if absolute power corrupts absolutely, we should home murbot NEVER becomes an admin.
post #24 of 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Luca Rescigno
But if absolute power corrupts absolutely, we should home murbot NEVER becomes an admin.

Actually, murbot and I have admin powers
post #25 of 25
I used to be "I used to be I like Macs" when my original account was deleted(curse you UBB!). Then I decided that was a stupid name(who could disagree?) and switched to this.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › changing user names