well I'm just torn to bits, I must say.
I bought my 266 PBG3 because of the nice, big, bright screen; at the time, the cheapest Apple alternative was a full $1000 more. I've loved it...but it can't keep up with what I'm moving into.
So here comes the new iMac - that big, beautiful screen, AND a G4 - last year's baddest & fastest for half-price is awfully attractive, and I really want to do it.
But there's that 14" iBook...what I've got now, only faster, lighter, leaner, stronger (AND newer!) and would be so much easier to drag with than my Wallstreet...but probably underpowered & so not a forward purchase.
AAUUUGHH!!!! I should just get the iMac & get to work, but it kills me to get THIS CLOSE to the next evolution & not be able to hold out for it.
Problem is: my PBG3 was old tech (tho new) when I bought it, and nice as the iMac is, the G4 is old tech, too. And having spent 12 years w/ an Amiga before that, I'd actually kinda like to be, y'know, current
for a little while?
The G5 is imminent, and would be a great enough jump to let me ride until the G7, maybe. But can I afford it when it arrives? And when WILL it arrive?? Can I wait???
God, I sound like a soap opera!