or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Looks like they replaced Cube with Sphere

Looks like they replaced Cube with Sphere

post #1 of 5
On the iMac webpage, the photo with the two pro speakers beside it is so reminiscent of the Cube photo.
Looks like they've simply replaced it with a sphere and added a head.

The design is starting to grow on me. The closeup pics help. I especially like how thick that stainless steel bar is.
post #2 of 5
It definitely is a blend of the iMac's idea with the Cube's general form. There was a funny mock-up of a Cube with a big arm that held an LCD monitor on its side. People lambasted it, as it was a very, uh, quick mock-up but it turns out they were probably closest to the mark! Cube to hemisphere isn't too much of a leap, just add "cuteness."
post #3 of 5
The iMac is now Current Hardware. Moving...
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
post #4 of 5
You have it backwards

The cube is a result of the iMac

not the iMac the resutl of the cube

This design if u read teh article was around for 3 years the problem was fitting it into a small space

Therefore one can infer that it was to expensive to apply this technology with a screen but why not do somethign without a screen with all this good stuff in a small space but lets make it a little diferent. Thats how they got the cube
You Can Say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one

------- John Lennon
You Can Say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one

------- John Lennon
post #5 of 5
ya, when I saw this, the first thing I thought of was "cube 2" rather than imac2-
the second thing I wondered was if the new imac uses a cube-type motherboard layout with no fan. If so, then maybe one day I could upgrade my cube's cpu, or at least the video card. .. but with the superdrive, maybe I should just shut up and buy a new imac.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Looks like they replaced Cube with Sphere