or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › How do you set the default web browser in Panther?

How do you set the default web browser in Panther?

post #1 of 4
It may sound stupid, but where did the setting go to manage the default internet apps such as what mail app to use and what web browser. I just cannot find it anymore (can find it in Jaguar though ... ;-) )
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally posted by BNOYHTUAWB
It may sound stupid, but where did the setting go to manage the default internet apps such as what mail app to use and what web browser. I just cannot find it anymore (can find it in Jaguar though ... ;-) )

Safari>Preferences>General>Default Web Browser

Oh, same for Mail.app
I heard that geeks are a dime a dozen, I just want to find out who's been passin' out the dimes
----- Fred Blassie 1964
I heard that geeks are a dime a dozen, I just want to find out who's been passin' out the dimes
----- Fred Blassie 1964
post #3 of 4
I suggest after that the following:

Go to Applications folder. Drag Internet Explorer to trash, and empty trash.

Everytime I open an URL in IE, it asks if it wants to be default. I choose "No, and quit bugging me." The next time I click an URL it opens in Internet Explorer. Thus, I know exactly which is the first application I will get rid of when I have installed 10.3.
How many problems have you modified or originated in the past 1 day?
How many problems have you modified or originated in the past 1 day?
post #4 of 4
Found something really cool that even works under Jaguar and Panther:

More Internet Preference Pane

Dead easy to use!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › How do you set the default web browser in Panther?