or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › The Best Firewire Case I have seen yet

The Best Firewire Case I have seen yet

post #1 of 11

MediaBank MT - The world's first external FireWire hard drive case that allows you to use one or two IDE hard drives.
External FireWire hard drive case
Allows the installation of one or two IDE hard drives
Ultra-Fast Oxford 911 based IDE-to-Firewire bridge board. Up to 35 MB/sec transfer rates. Supports Master/Slave mode

Now this is a Case to make you situp and notice.
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
post #2 of 11
Roxx. Now wait a minute, if you can put two IDE drives in it, can you make an "all in one" RAID out of it?
post #3 of 11
[quote]Originally posted by sizzle chest:
<strong>Roxx. Now wait a minute, if you can put two IDE drives in it, can you make an "all in one" RAID out of it?</strong><hr></blockquote>

"Designed to allow the installation of two hard drives, MediaBank MT-R can hold up to 240 GB of storage, by using two 120 GB hard drives. Using the appropriate Raid software and an additional FireWire card, you can setup the drives as a Raid level 0, and get amazing performance"

Yeah...cool huh

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: hmurchison ]</p>
- SolipsismX
- SolipsismX
post #4 of 11
How much?
Mac Pro 2.66, 5GB RAM, 250+120 HD, 23" Cinema Display
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
Mac Pro 2.66, 5GB RAM, 250+120 HD, 23" Cinema Display
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
post #5 of 11
A Google search on "Mediabank MT" returns ZERO results. Where did you find this?
post #6 of 11
I found it from a MacNN link. I guess they are a German Company. I like their design. Did you notice the Analog to DV capture box as well called The Director? <a href="http://www.miglia.com" target="_blank">www.miglia.com</a>
- SolipsismX
- SolipsismX
post #7 of 11
My god. Must acquire......240 GB *drooool*......

SdC
My signature irritates people. However, my cat can still jump a watermelon, and the Apollo is the next chip coming to the Powermac line. Although, at this point, I'd believe that Cyrix is the next...
My signature irritates people. However, my cat can still jump a watermelon, and the Apollo is the next chip coming to the Powermac line. Although, at this point, I'd believe that Cyrix is the next...
post #8 of 11
2 3.5" hard drives? That thing's got to be HUGE! I guess if portability is not an issue, go for it. A RAID in a box would be nice. But why not use 2.5" drives instead, for portability?
post #9 of 11
[quote]Originally posted by suckfuldotcom:
<strong>My god. Must acquire......240 GB *drooool*......

SdC</strong><hr></blockquote>

240? How about 320?

I saw that the 160 GB drives are coming soon.

Here is the macs4all page:

<a href="http://www.macs4all.com/Merchant/merchant.mv?" target="_blank">http://www.macs4all.com/Merchant/merchant.mv?</a>

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: JRC ]</p>
Nov 98 - Earliest Registered User on record
Jan 02 - Earliest iPad prediction
post #10 of 11
JRC, every time I see your handle it makes me think "Jesus R. Christ!" even though we know his middle initial was "H".
post #11 of 11
[quote]Originally posted by tonton:
<strong>JRC, every time I see your handle it makes me think "Jesus R. Christ!" even though we know his middle initial was "H". </strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, most people think JeRC (jerk), so I guess that's not all bad.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › The Best Firewire Case I have seen yet