or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Just ordered my first Mac!!!

Just ordered my first Mac!!!

post #1 of 11
I've left the dark side -- been using a pc since '94. I just ordered the new iMac -- couldn't resist the superdrive, g4, lcd, and "i" software. It's too sweet of a package to pass up. Come on everybody, give it up for me! I can't wait!!!!
post #2 of 11
Cool. Welcome. I got one too (my third mac) and I can't wait for it to get here. Enjoy it when you get it.
post #3 of 11
congrats! And Welcome to appleinsider... hope, no know, you will love your new iMac.....i am anxiously awaiting my new iMac too...g

(this is also my third apple--1992-quadra 605---1999---iMac DV----2002---iMac LCD----dang that quadra lasted a long time...still works too...that may be the biggest problem with apple sales, i can keep their machines forever...needed the iMac and it's revolutionary design to make me update the quadra, then needed a brand new iMac with lcd, G4 and a freakin superdrive to update again (will still use the old mac for the kids room for the next 4 years till they go to college..then the lucky/spoiled kids will get the latest iBooks i'm sure)....

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: thegelding ]</p>
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
post #4 of 11
One down, 95.999999999% to go. Oh ya, I bought one too. I'm so excited!
I have a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.
I have a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.
post #5 of 11
Damn...my first Mac was only 25mhz. You've beat me by 775mhz and 4 Generations Congrats! :cool:
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
post #6 of 11
Congrats! I got a new iMac Superdrive model too!

Mac history For Me.
--------------------------

PowerPC Performa 6360 (1995)

iMac (2000) 450 Mhz G3

Cube (2000) 450 Mhz G4

iBook (1999) 333 mhz

iMac (2002) 800 Mhz G4
post #7 of 11
Congrats. You'll love it.
post #8 of 11
[quote]Originally posted by Duals:
<strong>I've left the dark side -- been using a pc since '94. I just ordered the new iMac -- couldn't resist the superdrive, g4, lcd, and "i" software. It's too sweet of a package to pass up. Come on everybody, give it up for me! I can't wait!!!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Congratulations and welcome aboard. There's never been a better time to be a Mac user - oldtimers can probably back me up on this.
This is not 38, this is old 97!
This is not 38, this is old 97!
post #9 of 11
Duals rules! Hey, tell all your PC buddies to do the same, too.
post #10 of 11
Good for you!

Welcome to the cult...eh...club The new iMac is a great machine. A fine choice!
post #11 of 11
Duals, Congrats!

Welcome aboard. You will not regret your shift. I work on both platforms. They both work. but apples are friendler.

Yes it is now a great time to be a Macuser.

I want one of those new iMacs, and I don't even need an upgrade yet!! there just so damn cool!!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Just ordered my first Mac!!!