or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › NEW IPOD SOFTWARE UPDATE: version 1.3.1??!??!

NEW IPOD SOFTWARE UPDATE: version 1.3.1??!??!  

post #1 of 9
why does software upadate say to upgrade to ipod software 1.3.1? it says its to improve compatibility with panther...
post #2 of 9
If you have an iPod w/o dock connector, you can upgrade to version 1.3.1...sounds simple and straight forward to me.
post #3 of 9
AFAIK.. the iPod software 1.3.1 is the same as 1.3. I have the 10GB touch-wheel model with iPod software 1.3 here.. but when I run the iPod software 1.3.1 on Panther.. it said my iPod is updated.
post #4 of 9
the point of this post is that shouldnt it be 2.1 or something?? why go from software 2.0 to 1.3.1?
post #5 of 9
The old iPods use firmware 1.x; the new iPods use firmware 2.x. If you have an old iPod with firmware 1.3 the updater will update it to 1.3.1. If you have a new iPod then don't worry about it.
post #6 of 9
Oy. First and Second Generation iPods (mechanical wheel and touch-wheel) can go high as 1.3.1.

The Third Generation iPods (rounded, dockable) can upgrade to 2.1.

Edit: What wmf said.

End of Thread.

Screed
MWSF '07: Steve Jobs hates my wallet and my mobile carrier.
MWSF '07: Steve Jobs hates my wallet and my mobile carrier.
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally posted by wmf
The old iPods use firmware 1.x; the new iPods use firmware 2.x. If you have an old iPod with firmware 1.3 the updater will update it to 1.3.1. If you have a new iPod then don't worry about it.

Wrong. The updater does nothing if you already have 1.3, so you don't need to bother running it.
post #8 of 9
You're wrong. Old iPods (e.g.: iPod Mini) use versions 2.x and their updates are for 2.x . The new iPods (e.g.: iPod nano 1st and 2nd Generations, iPod Fifth Generation) use versions 1.x and their updates are for 1.x . The fact is that 1.x versions are better than 2.x versions. These new versions start with a "1" because they are a new begining (Apple New Generations iPods). This is the explaination.

However, Ok... I can't find differences from version 1.3 to version 1.3.1 They know what they do.

Hug
post #9 of 9
...and it was worth reviving a 4 year old thread for this?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › NEW IPOD SOFTWARE UPDATE: version 1.3.1??!??!