or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Peek inside the new imac

Peek inside the new imac

post #1 of 14

I can post more pics if y'all want.
post #2 of 14
Cool picture! Please do post some more.
I'm not going anywhere.
I'm not going anywhere.
post #3 of 14
I don't know why...but it looks like a picture of a very complex-looking opened up waffle iron.
And the priest goes to the man and asks, "do you take this lovely ibook as your lawfully wedded computer--to have and to hold, through crashes and upgrades?"
And the man said, "iDo."
And so the...
And the priest goes to the man and asks, "do you take this lovely ibook as your lawfully wedded computer--to have and to hold, through crashes and upgrades?"
And the man said, "iDo."
And so the...
post #4 of 14
Yeah, please post more pics.
post #5 of 14
That's from the apple service manual (PDF). Hold on let me find the link to the topic over at MacNN
<a href="http://forums.macnn.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=005360" target="_blank">MacNN Topic</a>

I have a copy of the PDF, does anyone know what a good place to post it at would be?
"Its a good thing theres no law against a company having a monopoly of good ideas. Otherwise Apple would be in deep yogurt..."
-Apple Press Release
"Its a good thing theres no law against a company having a monopoly of good ideas. Otherwise Apple would be in deep yogurt..."
-Apple Press Release
post #6 of 14
<a href="http://www.tri-h.com/jhtrih/imacmobo.jpeg" target="_blank">The iMac Motherboard</a>

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: jhtrih ]</p>
-Apple Press Release
-Apple Press Release
post #7 of 14
Also:
<a href="http://www.tri-h.com/jhtrih/imactop.jpeg" target="_blank">iMac Top</a>
<a href="http://www.tri-h.com/jhtrih/imacspeaker.jpeg" target="_blank">iMac speaker</a>

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: jhtrih ]</p>
-Apple Press Release
-Apple Press Release
post #8 of 14
here's 2 more for those who don't have their hands on the PDF. I'll try to post a link to the file if I can find somewhere to put it.

Now who wants to see the inside of the flat panel?
post #9 of 14
[quote]Originally posted by hir:
<strong>
Now who wants to see the inside of the flat panel?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Me!!
post #10 of 14
Go back to those MoBo pics for just one second. Do my eyes deceive me, or is that G4 on some kinda ZIFF carrier??? :eek:
IBL!
IBL!
post #11 of 14
[quote]Originally posted by Matsu:
<strong>Go back to those MoBo pics for just one second. Do my eyes deceive me, or is that G4 on some kinda ZIFF carrier??? :eek: </strong><hr></blockquote>

What is ziff?
post #12 of 14
Zero insertion force
post #13 of 14
[quote]Originally posted by pscates:
<strong>Zero insertion force</strong><hr></blockquote>

In other words an upgrade card??
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #14 of 14
hey, could you add the photo that shows where to put the thermal paste?? thanks g
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Peek inside the new imac