or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Airport Question

Airport Question

post #1 of 8
I was wondering if the new base station is compatible with the old cards. Thanks.
post #2 of 8
[quote]Originally posted by iDude:
<strong>I was wondering if the new base station is compatible with the old cards. Thanks.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I would assume so. When you updated your Airport cards to version 2.0 they should work with the new AirPort Base Stations... I Think...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #3 of 8
*CONFIRMED*

Heh.

I have an old card and a new base station.

Works great.
- me

$me = ('Berber' + 'Carpet');
- me

post #4 of 8
Yes. Having an old card is better than having an old station and a new card. The old station doesn't support 128 bit encryption even with firmware enhancements...the old card does from what I hear. It shouldn't be a problem.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #5 of 8
Sorry to be dumb ... is there noticeably imrpved performance on the new base station when connecting to the internet?
post #6 of 8
Yes, old card works with new Basestation.
post #7 of 8
[quote]Originally posted by mpw_amherst:
<strong>...is there noticeably imrpved performance on the new base station when connecting to the internet?</strong><hr></blockquote>

This I cannot say. I have an old base station at home with a dialup, and a new base station at work on the T1.

The one at work seems faster, somehow...
- me

- me

post #8 of 8
I have used a new and old base station with a Ti 500 and a rev A AirPort card. Everything work smashinly, although I didn't try the enhanced WEP. Both base stations have working great for several PCs as well, with 3Com and Lucent cards.
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Airport Question