or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Hack to allow video spanning on iMac

Hack to allow video spanning on iMac

post #1 of 5
Not sure what has been done on the new iMac that prevents it from video spanning to an attached monitor.

Wondering if there might be a possible software hack that would allow that to happen.
Having video mirroring doesn't help in creating more desktop space when I connect a 17" CRT to it.
post #2 of 5
This would be nice, if possible. I know of a nice NEC 15" LCD that accepts both VGA and DVI connections. Ahhh, two 15" LCD's oooohh, ummm...

Wasn't a version of res-edit supposed to accomplish this on previous macs? I wonder what performance would be like?
IBL!
IBL!
post #3 of 5
More than likely, it's mirrored in hardware and may not be possible to change. At the least, you'd probably have to rewrite the video drivers.
post #4 of 5
[quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:
<strong>More than likely, it's mirrored in hardware and may not be possible to change. At the least, you'd probably have to rewrite the video drivers.</strong><hr></blockquote>

AFAIK the video card in question fully supports spanning. I doubt Nvidia produced a special handicapped part just for Apple.
post #5 of 5
[quote]Originally posted by tonton:
<strong>

AFAIK the video card in question fully supports spanning. I doubt Nvidia produced a special handicapped part just for Apple.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I believe that's what ATI did for Apple with the iBook
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Hack to allow video spanning on iMac