or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Old prototypes?

Old prototypes?

post #1 of 3
Chronic lurker here... (1st post actually)

Anybody ever actually see in person some of the old prototypes Apple had going? Like the Jaguar project (first PPC macs) and the PowerPC in the LC pizza box case? I've seen pics (an excellent resource is the "AppleDesign: The Work of the Apple Industrial Design Group" by Paul Kunkel).

If so, where and when? I would just die at the opportunity to pick up a piece of history like that...
I've seen monkey shit fights in the zoo that were more organized than this! - "The Replacements"
I've seen monkey shit fights in the zoo that were more organized than this! - "The Replacements"
post #2 of 3
IIRC, Apple has a vault where at least one of each (or at least most) of their computers and prototypes are kept. I doubt you could get access to it, though.

Other than that, I doubt there are many in circulation. Apple probably has any extras of their prototypes destroyed.
post #3 of 3
Also, their conference rooms and presentation rooms are all named for their computers (i.e., the Mercury room, etc.).

It's pretty neat walking down the hallway and seeing the codenames on the wall.

-Ender
If you find yourself sided with the majority, it is time to change your thinking.

-Mark Twain
If you find yourself sided with the majority, it is time to change your thinking.

-Mark Twain
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Old prototypes?