or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Can I connect an XBOX/PS2/GameCube to a monitor?

Can I connect an XBOX/PS2/GameCube to a monitor?

post #1 of 8
The christmas sales are getting me VERY tempted to buy a console. The XBOX offer is pretty damn good here in Europe. XBOX+Halo+MidtownMadness 3 + 2 months free XBOX Live. Thing is I dont have a big TV and would rather enjoy playing on an LCD screen.

Is this possible?

The I/O referneces suck. They mostly say "AV out". Wow... thanks for vagueness.

Anyway, any info is appreciated
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
post #2 of 8
The consoles come with the "red, white, yellow" av cables which you could only hook up to an LCD if your LCD had those inputs. If not, you can buy an adapter but I think they might be expensive.
Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip
Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip
post #3 of 8
In theory, you can do this with a TV-tuner, but from what I've seen there's always just enough of a delay to make playing console games impossible. I've tried it with the Formac Studio TVR. No good.
post #4 of 8
Yes you can

at least for my console of choice (XBox)
King Felix
King Felix
post #5 of 8
I know a guy who has a Formac breakout box which the XBox goes through. works fine.
Cat: the other white meat
Cat: the other white meat
post #6 of 8
Can I hook up the Xbox to my Flat Panel iMac ???
post #7 of 8
Yev, thanks...

this brings me to another question... can I hook up a monitor and mouse to an XBox and play games the WAY THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED!?!?!
post #8 of 8
Sony sells a linux kit for their PS2. The kit comes with a PS2 to VGA plug. Also included is a plug for a mouse and keyboard a 20/40 gig HDD and a linux distro just for the PS2.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Can I connect an XBOX/PS2/GameCube to a monitor?