or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Pure Speculation: PowerPod?!

Pure Speculation: PowerPod?!

post #1 of 7
Steve jobs introduced the iPod in the iMac/iBook context. And there's already talk regarding enhanced Pro iPods. So rather than creating multiple new iProducts, why not leverage the line _Pod line...

Example:
iPod: Tote your media and play MP3s on the road. $199-$299
PowerPod: Your complete personal portable media player. $499 (Larger, color screen. Bigger HD. Ability to play QT movies and run QT applications.)

I thought this sounded good and logical. As this hasn't been mentioned before, at least in this contect, I had to bring it up.

So... discuss...
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
post #2 of 7
Oh yeah, I'm awesome... I didn't claim that this thread was confirmed.
post #3 of 7
Sounds almost like you're describing a PDA...
I can change my sig again!
I can change my sig again!
post #4 of 7
Uhhhh, PDAs...
post #5 of 7
If it had video out and could be connected to a monitor/TV it might do well for presentations and that would differentiate it from PDA's if not laptops.
This Post Disabled on PowerMac G5s
This Post Disabled on PowerMac G5s
post #6 of 7
What a silly idea. So by that rationale, we should have the following software if we use a powermac: powertunes, powertools, powercards, blah. Apple needs to focus on computer products right now, not peripherals. The iPod is nice, but they need to start pumping out competitive hardware as soon as possible, neh?

Can I get my icons in cornflower blue?
Can I get my icons in cornflower blue?
post #7 of 7
[quote]Originally posted by Gigawire:
<strong>What a silly idea. So by that rationale, we should have the following software if we use a powermac: powertunes, powertools, powercards, blah. Apple needs to focus on computer products right now, not peripherals. The iPod is nice, but they need to start pumping out competitive hardware as soon as possible, neh?
</strong><hr></blockquote>

Good point. But notice that Apple's pro software doesn't fit the mold, other than "____ Pro" (Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro and, dare I mention Quicktime Pro). So you've got "Power___" for HW and "____ Pro" for SW. And like I said, consumer products will join the "i____" ranks (iTunes, iMovie, iDVD, iBook, iMac, iPod).
Thus a PowerPod is still a viable HW concept, whereas it's SW (say the venerable iMusic music composition/mixing product, or iPhoto) would be called Photo Studio Pro and Music Studio Pro, or perhaps better, more creative names.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Pure Speculation: PowerPod?!