or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › The downside of non-local banner ads

The downside of non-local banner ads

post #1 of 4
Is it just me, or do these pages never stop loading now ???

I think its a problem with a.tribalfusion.com, which I suspect is your banner ad people. I have now added the following to my hosts file:-
Code:

0.0.0.0 media.fastclick.net a.tribalfusion.com

But I think it will take a reboot before it takes effect.

Ads are killing the net!!!
"Choice. The problem is choice."
-- Neo
"Choice. The problem is choice."
-- Neo
post #2 of 4
I hate this one

http://205.180.85.40/w/pc.cgi?mid=26214&sid=9991

It is obnoxious and misleading.
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally posted by Beige_G3
I hate this one

http://205.180.85.40/w/pc.cgi?mid=26214&sid=9991

It is obnoxious and misleading.

It's a good thing you don't have to worry about that, running a Mac as you are. It's misleading and annoying, but what ads on the net aren't? If you had a machine running an MS operating system and you saw that, you may have cause for concern. Although there is no way a net add can detect spyware or other viruses. It's too bad many people aren't computer savvy enough to realize this.
Come waste your time with me

In a world without doors or walls, there is no need for Gates or Windows
Come waste your time with me

In a world without doors or walls, there is no need for Gates or Windows
post #4 of 4
Most home users probably are not savy enough to know that an ad can not detect spyware . If you click the "more info" on that ad it returns your IP, OS and browser type. While we all know that that information is logged on every server we access, many people do not and could easily be scarred by it. I just find it to be a sleezy ad, that all.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › The downside of non-local banner ads