or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Clock on iMac

Clock on iMac

post #1 of 10
Should the clock on my iMac be resetting every time I unplug my iMac and move it? I am finding that this is happening.

Les.
Owen stop reading my posts.
post #2 of 10
Sounds like you need a new pram battery. They keep time after you unplug you iMac, amoung other things.

IIRC...

3.3v "half" AA

RadioShack will have them, but eBay will be MUCH less costly.
post #3 of 10
But e bay will have shipping charges, and no guarantee that the battery is new or top quality. Go with radio shack, you won't have any worries that way.
Come waste your time with me

In a world without doors or walls, there is no need for Gates or Windows

post #4 of 10
Do I install this PRAM battery myself? If so, is there a page with instructions? Remember, I have a CRT iac that is a few years old now. And I am in Australia, so no Radio Shacks down here... but am assuming that Tandy or Dick Smith would have them.

Les.
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally posted by DMBand0026
But e bay will have shipping charges, and no guarantee that the battery is new or top quality. Go with radio shack, you won't have any worries that way.

Humm...

$12.99 USD for RadioShack... here...

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...ct%5Fid=23-026

$12.00 USD for smalldog... here...

http://www.smalldog.com/product/36131

or...

~$2.00 USD on eBay.

Also there will be next to no shipping charges, for it is a single battery.

BTW it is a 3.6v battery not a 3.3v as I posted before.

It is easy to replace, don't worry. Which iMac do you have?
post #6 of 10
My Mac is an iMac, the graphite one with 13 gigs of memory (yes, laugh), originally 127 ram, G3.

You say it is easy?
post #7 of 10
Yes the battery replacement would be simple... just open the case... pop out the old battery... put in the new one... and put the case back on.
post #8 of 10
Would just like to thank everyone for their help in sorting out my clock probs. This morn I bought a new battery and installed it myself. Now it is all working fine again. One bitch though, you noted that the batterys in the states cost like $12, here in Australia I had to pay $55.

Our dollar is currently equal to .74 centsUS, do the math, we are still being ripped off down here.
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally posted by les t
Would just like to thank everyone for their help in sorting out my clock probs. This morn I bought a new battery and installed it myself. Now it is all working fine again. One bitch though, you noted that the batterys in the states cost like $12, here in Australia I had to pay $55.

Our dollar is currently equal to .74 centsUS, do the math, we are still being ripped off down here.

Ouch, maybe you should have gone the eBay route, but I'm not sure how much that would have helped.

post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally posted by DMBand0026
Ouch, maybe you should have gone the eBay route, but I'm not sure how much that would have helped.

It would have helped a bunch, $55 is way too much. That is why I said to buy it on eBay...

And, no problem, for the help.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Clock on iMac