or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Saddam Has Been Captured

Saddam Has Been Captured - Page 7

post #241 of 270
Quote:
Originally posted by majorspunk
How do you know? Do you read Dabka?

I have read it, but I don't follow it very closely. It's mostly just a laugh. I was reading it when they were reporting about Saddam in Syria.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #242 of 270
Quote:
Originally posted by bunge
I have read it, but I don't follow it very closely. It's mostly just a laugh. I was reading it when they were reporting about Saddam in Syria.

Where did they say that?
post #243 of 270
Quote:
I don't remember reading this. And you earlier claimed that Debka claimed that Sadam is Syria. Which I don't remember them saying either. Are you just making this shit up?

Did I?

http://forums.appleinsider.com/searc...der=descending

It doesn't surprise me you don't know what I'm talking about. You can't even a post for a day ago straight in your head.
post #244 of 270
Debka is a rag. It's not alone in that category by any measure of course, but it is.
post #245 of 270
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
So this makes him an emplyee of the US government? By what logic? False logic?

Scott,

Youve got to remember that in dealing with the left on these sorts of issues, any kind of association, even the exchange of cliqued friendship platitudes by diplomats, turns into overwhelming cause and effect links, and proof of major American moral failings.

The fact is that the U.S. tilt towards Iraq was insubstantial compared to the size of the conflict or the contribution of the Soviet Union, France, China, the Arab States, and many others.

Not that it matters to anti-US hooters. Find a meeting, note a declaration, turn up a banker, quote a secondary source of bias, and bang youve got a regime propped up solely by sinister American manipulations. Then a myth is established, and it is regurgitated ad infinitium.

Max
post #246 of 270
btw, majorspunk, in the real os intel community debka is at best considered a joke and at worst strongly suspected to be a deliberate disinfo campaign. Broaden your horizons and learn a thing or two. Becoming religiously connected to a source is really, really stupid. With debka it's just plain idiotic.

Remember, debka where the greatest intel of the war was reported in a multi-part series, complete with the city under baghdad and the remote control bases that burrowed under the dunes. I mean, how in the world can you take anything seriously from a source that posts such ridiculous BS?
post #247 of 270
Quote:
Originally posted by giant
Did I?

http://forums.appleinsider.com/searc...der=descending

It doesn't surprise me you don't know what I'm talking about. You can't even a post for a day ago straight in your head. Dumbass.

You're just being rude.

That link you posted above doesn't address the question. Is that why you're rude?
post #248 of 270
Quote:
btw, majorspunk, in the real os intel community debka is at best considered a joke and at worst strongly suspected to be a deliberate disinfo campaign. Broaden your horizons and learn a thing or two. Becoming religiously connected to a source is really, really stupid. With debka it's just plain idiotic.

Remember, debka where the greatest intel of the war was reported in a multi-part series, complete with the city under baghdad and the remote control bases that burrowed under the dunes. I mean, how in the world can you take anything seriously from a source that posts such ridiculous BS?

You still haven't shown me where they said Saddam is in Syria or that he's in Belaruss.
post #249 of 270
Quote:
I don't follow you.

We know.
My brain is hung like a HORSE!
My brain is hung like a HORSE!
post #250 of 270
Quote:
You're just being rude.

That link you posted above doesn't address the question. Is that why you're rude?

Yeah it does, genius. Those two are the only two posts made by 'giant' that had the words 'saddam' and 'syria.'

Get with the program.
post #251 of 270
Quote:
Yeah it does, genius. Those two are the only two posts made by 'giant' that had the words 'saddam' and 'syria.'

Get with the program.

You started a thread called Fake News. In it, the first post was:

Quote:
Not the Daily Show.

1. The final nail is in Debka's coffin now that Saddam is still in Iraq. That page is disinformation central, yet somehow people still pick up on the garbage coming out of there. I think it has something to do with som folks' need to be 'in on something.'

2. So Fox is interviewing someone about Saddam and they keep talking about how Saddam has 'returned to power over and over' and 'Iraqis don't need to worry about saddam regaining power as he has done so many times.' My question: When the hell did saddam lose power and then regain it? That's right: never. So how about we just deal with the facts, mkay?

I have another one coming soon.
post #252 of 270
Quote:
You started a thread called Fake News. In it, the first post was:

Let me take you through it like you are a 2yo:
Quote:
And you earlier claimed that Debka claimed that Sadam is Syria.

And as proof you cite:

Quote:
The final nail is in Debka's coffin now that Saddam is still in Iraq. That page is disinformation central, yet somehow people still pick up on the garbage coming out of there. I think it has something to do with som folks' need to be 'in on something.'

Are you sick in the head? I have things to do...
post #253 of 270
Quote:
Are you sick in the head? I have things to do...

Not at all. I did a google search and this is what I found: (bold: my emphasis)

Is Saddam in Syria?
From DEBKAfile War Diary - Day 15, April 3, 2003
April 5, 2003, 1:58 PM (GMT+02:00)

DEBKAfiles Exclusive Middle East sources have tracked down the top Iraqi leaderships bolt-hole. It is a large 1,600-room luxury resort with 600 meters of private sandy beach in the Mediterranean coastal town of Latakiya called Cote dAzur De Cham Resort, prepaid and chartered in toto by Baghdad.

The group may include Saddam Hussein or his sons, but this is not confirmed.

How is it that they claimed he was in Syria?
post #254 of 270
Quote:
How is it that they claimed he was in Syria?

You really are totally and completely insane. Keep arguing with your visions.
post #255 of 270
Here how about this from debka:
Quote:
DEBKAfile and DEBKA-Net-Weekly reported that Saddam and at least one of his sons made a beeline for Minsk, Belarus. Then, in late May, our sources reported signs of his presence in Libya. Since then, discreet American checks discovered that the bird has flown from there too ahead of pursuit. On Monday, June 16, his personal aide and confidant, Abid Hamid Mahmud al-Tikriti, was picked up while traveling from Damascus through Syrian Arab tribal territory to Tikrit, provided evidence of the first leg of his bosss flight. Found on him were several dozen blank Belarusian passports evidence that top Iraqis have been traveling to Minsk via Syria.

Belarus? Libya? Syria? Where is he? Who knows?

OBVIOUSLY NOT DEBKA
post #256 of 270
Quote:
You really are totally and completely insane. Keep arguing with your visions.

I just posted the reference to Saddam being outside Iraq. Anyone with a grade 3 education can discern from reading that article, that is it presented as speculation. So how is it that you, oh learned one, infer that Debka said Saddam is in Syria?
post #257 of 270
Quote:
Here how about this from debka:

Belarus? Libya? Syria? Where is he? Who knows?

OBVIOUSLY NOT DEBKA

Exactly. You are taking speculation (clearly presented as speculation) as cold hard fact. And then you claim that this speculation is presented as fact. That's academic dishonesty.
post #258 of 270
Quote:
So how is it that you, oh learned one, infer that Debka said Saddam is in Syria?

try this: point out the quote where I said that.
post #259 of 270
Quote:
Exactly. You are taking speculation (clearly presented as speculation) as cold hard fact. And then you claim that this speculation is presented as fact. That's academic dishonesty.

I'm not taking it as fact. I'm saying they are consistently wrong. That is the opposite as fact.

As to whether what they do is speculate, that's unknown.
post #260 of 270
Quote:
try this: point out the quote where I said that.

?!!

Quote:
Not the Daily Show.

1. The final nail is in Debka's coffin now that Saddam is still in Iraq.
post #261 of 270
Quote:
?!!

Earth to idiot! Where does it say syria?
post #262 of 270
Quote:
I'm not taking it as fact. I'm saying they are consistently wrong. That is the opposite as fact.

That's false. And you know it.

Things presented as fact ARE fact. Things present as speculation ARE speculation. You trying to muddle what is presented as speculation as though is it presented as fact, again just goes to show the dishonest nature of your attack.
post #263 of 270
Quote:
Earth to idiot! Where does it say syria?

Ok. I see you want to be difficult. Where does it say not in Iraq?!
post #264 of 270
Quote:
Ok. I see you want to be difficult. Where does it say not in Iraq?!

OK, let's try this again

Let me take you through it like you are a 2yo:
Quote:
And you earlier claimed that Debka claimed that Sadam is Syria...

Quote:
So how is it that you, oh learned one, infer that Debka said Saddam is in Syria?

The post you are referencing says:

Quote:
The final nail is in Debka's coffin now that Saddam is still in Iraq. That page is disinformation central, yet somehow people still pick up on the garbage coming out of there. I think it has something to do with som folks' need to be 'in on something.'

Where does it say syria?
post #265 of 270
Syria is just the first Debka reference I found, that's all. Belarus, Libya, Syria,.. that not the issue. You're saying that Debka said that Saddam is not in Iraq. I'm just calling you on that.
post #266 of 270
Quote:
Syria is just the first Debka reference I found, that's all.

No kid, that's not all. You said:
Quote:
And you earlier claimed that Debka claimed that Sadam is Syria...

Quote:

You are a liar and you spent an entire page of this thread avoiding responsibility for it.

Have fun before you get banned for the fourth time, mika.
post #267 of 270
Avoiding responsibility. Right.

I've already explained the part about Syria. I didn't realize there was also a Debka reference to Belarus, and perhaps others. So when you claimed that Debka claimed that saddam is not in Iraq, I naturally assumed you were referring to their reference to Syria, as that was the only one I was aware of.
post #268 of 270
Now, perhaps you could explain why finding Saddam in Iraq is "The final nail is in Debka's coffin".

Quote:
Not the Daily Show.

1. The final nail is in Debka's coffin now that Saddam is still in Iraq.
post #269 of 270
From the automated e-mailer

Hello Messiah,

majorspunk has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Saddam Has Been Captured - in the AppleOutsider forum of AppleInsider.

Jeez, that's a little too close for comfort! I wonder if Osama's in here as well?
OK, can I have my matte Apple display, now?
OK, can I have my matte Apple display, now?
post #270 of 270
Quote:
Now, perhaps you could explain why finding Saddam in Iraq is "The final nail is in Debka's coffin".

I'm still waiting..
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Saddam Has Been Captured