or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › AI Help Desk

AI Help Desk

post #1 of 13
I think that the genius bar sticky help thread is a great idea, but it soon will be, as it's getting, too long. I think someone (not me) should turn it into a PDF and that way it can be better organized and have a fancy AI cover. That way it would be good to be able to refer to people too, and then whoever maintains it could just add to it as the thread in Genius Bar gets added to.
0 People Found This Reply Helpful
post #2 of 13
I'd maintain such a list, no problem.
post #3 of 13
So, it would be people ask for help, get the help, and then the Question and Answer go into a Weekly/Monthly PDF that people can go through. A web site would have a list with a download link and a list of every question asked in that "issue"

GO FOR IT.
post #4 of 13
I know it's off topic, but seriously Nebagakid...quit it with the guys. It's starting to piss some people off.

Back on topic. This is a great idea. Hope we can get it off the ground. I'll try to do anything I can do to help. PM me if you need me.
Come waste your time with me

In a world without doors or walls, there is no need for Gates or Windows
Come waste your time with me

In a world without doors or walls, there is no need for Gates or Windows
post #5 of 13
im sure if we ask we could attach (use AI's server) the PDF to the first post in the GB FAQ as well...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #6 of 13
I'll try to use the stuff in the FAQ thread now and make something tonight. I just want something that contains troubleshooting techniques that is easy to sort through and find what you need. Because I believe that the FAQ thread will soon be too large to have to scroll through to find what you need.

Hopefully AI could host it, I guess I could if needed. I'll let you guys know once I make it.
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally posted by DMBand0026
I know it's off topic, but seriously Nebagakid...quit it with the guys. It's starting to piss some people off.

Back on topic. This is a great idea. Hope we can get it off the ground. I'll try to do anything I can do to help. PM me if you need me.

But that's his thing. Has been for a long, long, long time.
post #8 of 13
You have debunked the topic of this thread!

But if you think he is using them a lot now, find some threads of when we got the new boards and updated smilies
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally posted by iBrowse
But that's his thing. Has been for a long, long, long time.

it is my thing, that is the truth, for a long time. Longer than I can remember.
post #10 of 13
Hey ast3r3x, are you on on this or not? Because I already started, just after I posted here (reply #1). It wouldn't be very genius like to do the work twice.
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally posted by Defiant
Hey ast3r3x, are you on on this or not? Because I already started, just after I posted here (reply #1). It wouldn't be very genius like to do the work twice.

Well if you started. I'm a idea man, not a doer. I just want to emphasize that I think one of the most important things is the table of contents. I don't want to ask too much of you, so I'll help probably, but once your done, it would be nice to add some pictures maybe? I also don't know how much of a designer you are, but if you aren't into design, perhaps we could get someone to give it a cool look once the information is clearly presented, which IS the most important part. Man I have such good ideas, I should be a boss so I can tell people my ideas and they do it, because I suck at doing things.

Defiant you are so nice and helpful, I'll tell you what, I always liked Switzerland, but you just make me feel like its even better of a place because I imagine all the people like you
post #12 of 13
Hey ast3r3x, thanks for your kind words. Not all people are like me, after all, I'm the only one. Hehe

I have some UI design blood cells, so it should work fine. However, I will let you all see how it looks when I'm going to be close to finish it.

I don't know how much time this will need, but I know that mine can be from time to time a little bit limited, so don't expect miracles. But, I won't just leave it hanging for weeks. If I feel I'm no longer up to it, I will say so.
However, count me in as committed.

I will contact those who are concerned by this when the time comes.

post #13 of 13
heh ummm.... so whats the deal with this defiant?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › AI Help Desk