or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › is steve jobs a Christian?

is steve jobs a Christian?

post #1 of 39
I am wondering if he is a Christian, can somebody tell me?
post #2 of 39
From my understanding he has in past been associated with Buddhism, but I've never met the man so this is from articles I've seen in magazines and online.
Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon @ drewprops.com
Oldest Member of AI (Jan 99) until JRC snaps to his senses and starts posting again. (the blackout borked my join date)
Oldest Member of AI (Jan 99) until JRC snaps to his senses and starts posting again. (the blackout borked my join date)
post #3 of 39
incredible he is not.

................ but a buddhist.

as I know, bill gates is a Christian, right?
post #4 of 39
Considering the fact that he sold Apple's first machine for $666.66, he's probably a Satanist.
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
post #5 of 39
I doubt he officially affiliates himself with any religion.
I can change my sig again!
I can change my sig again!
post #6 of 39
Quote:
Originally posted by seen_xu
as I know, bill gates is a Christian, right?

Of course. Where do you think he learned his marketing tactics?
post #7 of 39
Wow, 709, that was genius.
post #8 of 39
Quote:
Originally posted by 709
Considering the fact that he sold Apple's first machine for $666.66, he's probably a Satanist.

oh, Satanist! that's right, if he is still selling his products in such a high price.
post #9 of 39
Quote:
Originally posted by 709
Of course. Where do you think he learned his marketing tactics?

cool, so god bless Microsoft, not apple,

if jobs is a Christian, then Apple will replace the position of MS on the market.
post #10 of 39
I thought Steve Jobs was God.
post #11 of 39
seen_xu, what sense is there in trying to associate our faith with a corporation? It is a legal entity, not an individual. It is incapable of acting as one person because it is made of many persons, thousands of people, all with different beliefs.

I take umbrage at 709's apparent Christian bashing. Seems that we're on the menu again. I guess everybody's got to have their own n*gger as the famous quote goes.

I can be yours 709.

seen_xu, return to your Bible and worry less about blessing businesses and more about people you can personally help. This was a very naive post.
post #12 of 39
actually, I have no bible at all.

lol, so may this thread make no sense at all, and just for fun.

but naive?! I don't think so.
post #13 of 39
whatever~
post #14 of 39
however forget this thread. ok?
post #15 of 39
Quote:
Originally posted by drewprops
I take umbrage at 709's apparent Christian bashing. Seems that we're on the menu again. I guess everybody's got to have their own n*gger as the famous quote goes.

I can be yours 709.

whatever~
post #16 of 39
drewpops, this thread seemed totally non-hostile to me until you posted.
post #17 of 39
I thought Steve Jobs was a Zorasterian fire-eater.
post #18 of 39
wrong side of bed syndrome
peace to all
post #19 of 39
Quote:
I am wondering if he is a Christian, can somebody tell me?

According to Eisner Jobs is a Shi'ite Muslim - it was on Drudge so it must be true
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #20 of 39
it is funny, isn't it? a ceo muslim
post #21 of 39
Quote:
it is funny, isn't it? a ceo muslim

Is it ?
post #22 of 39
Quote:
incredible he is not.

................ but a buddhist.

is there a problem in here?

i don't know whether steve declares himself as buddhist/atheist/insert whatever religious you want here, but his thinking seems (in the positive senses) to be very mahayana buddhist like.

besides, buddhism is no religion. there is no god, but a potential buddha in each of us.
How many problems have you modified or originated in the past 1 day?
How many problems have you modified or originated in the past 1 day?
post #23 of 39
Quote:
Originally posted by Giaguara
is there a problem in here?

i don't know whether steve declares himself as buddhist/atheist/insert whatever religious you want here, but his thinking seems (in the positive senses) to be very mahayana buddhist like.

besides, buddhism is no religion. there is no god, but a potential buddha in each of us.

Well, Apple style is kind of Zen......

but then again, surely the apple logo with the chunk bitten out is an overt reference the Genesis myth.

Wasn't there some fundie nutter somewhere who made a site showing how Apple was evil and all Satanists ? Something about Hexley being a devil not a platypus and the 666 stuff. V amusing !
post #24 of 39
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
Wasn't there some fundie nutter somewhere who made a site showing how Apple was evil and all Satanists ? Something about Hexley being a devil not a platypus and the 666 stuff. V amusing !

Very.
post #25 of 39
I thought Stever was a Vegan.

Aldo is watching....
Aldo is watching....
post #26 of 39
As a young adult he did go to India to find some new spirituality, something sorely lacking in SoCal and/or Berkely. But at the moment he probably has no religious affiliation. I recall an article where he gave money to schools in the area that were public and private except for ones with religious affiliation.

But maybe his religion is less apparent?
post #27 of 39
Quote:
Originally posted by 709
Very.

Please, boys and girls... don't take this web site too seriously.

Well, okay, it's hard to take seriously at any level, but I'm 99% certain that it's a parody, not a real Christian web site. I think it's just cleverly done to look like a real nutcase web site, to appeal to those who would go for this kind of thing, and then suck them down some unexpected turns like this:

(According to the description, "Teach your child this important message with this delightful Lambuel clock." It says: "I will come on thee as thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.")

(Says: "Will you be my husband?")

What's scary is that I can imagine a few real zealots with completely non-functioning irony detectors going for this stuff.

I suppose it's even possible that a real zealot with no functioning irony detector created this stuff in the first place, but that's much harder to believe.
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
post #28 of 39
Who cares ?
post #29 of 39
If I had too choose between God and Jobs I would probably go with ... Jobs! He IS the Man
Former WWDC Watchdog.
Former WWDC Watchdog.
post #30 of 39
I think Jobs is pretty much a straight up agnostic, and that Gates is most likely an agnostic, non-practicing Christian. Pure speculation, but if either were religious, we would probably have heard about it. . . The press often likes to highlight these things, the slant depending on the publication.
Cat: the other white meat
post #31 of 39
Quote:
wrong side of bed syndrome

I acutally got out of bed on the wrong side this morning. I forgot that I was spending the holidays at my parents' house, where the other side of the bed faces a wall. Phone rings, I leap out of bed and stub my toes on the wall.

Quote:
Well, okay, it's hard to take seriously at any level, but I'm 99% certain that it's a parody, not a real Christian web

From the footnotes: "I have been informed that the teenage girl in the "Switch" commercial was not on drugs at the time, as I had previously suggested. Apparently, her incoherent rambling was the result of something called a "reality distortion field" -- which, I'm assuming, is some sort of strong magnetic field generated by a device (similar to the one I reported on here,) that Apple Computers developed to assist in their mind control. My apologies to her and her family.". Got to be a wind up (I hope).
Stoo
Stoo
post #32 of 39
Quote:
Originally posted by Stoo
I acutally got out of bed on the wrong side this morning. I forgot that I was spending the holidays at my parents' house, where the other side of the bed faces a wall. Phone rings, I leap out of bed and stub my toes on the wall.

From the footnotes: "I have been informed that the teenage girl in the "Switch" commercial was not on drugs at the time, as I had previously suggested. Apparently, her incoherent rambling was the result of something called a "reality distortion field" -- which, I'm assuming, is some sort of strong magnetic field generated by a device (similar to the one I reported on here,) that Apple Computers developed to assist in their mind control. My apologies to her and her family.". Got to be a wind up (I hope).

Well, if it's a hoax then someone is a wee bit of a saddo who's taken it WAY too far.

I mean, all the banners point to actual sites: the Landover Baptist Church has it's own site and it's hosted by a (seemingly) real Xian web hosting Company.

Either someone's got too much time on their hands or it's time to be afraid.....

Still pretty funny though - which is the killer blow to the theory that it could be real, as we all know Xians traditionally lack humour, especially of the self-deprecating variety.
post #33 of 39
Quote:
Either someone's got too much time on their hands or it's time to be afraid..... [/B]

I think people have the freedom to discriminate in this country. . . . Besides, we do it for price, QoS, etc. If I knew that Apple were donating large amounts of it profits to communists, I certainly wouldn't buy a mac.
post #34 of 39
Quote:
Originally posted by Splinemodel
I think people have the freedom to discriminate in this country. . . .

Freedom to discriminate doesn't necessarily mean capability to discriminate does it ?

And isn't discrimination supposed to be a bad thing ?
post #35 of 39
Quote:
Freedom to discriminate doesn't necessarily mean capability to discriminate does it ?

And isn't discrimination supposed to be a bad thing ?

Ah Sedgy,

The fact that you 'discriminate' in buying apple over any olde pc shows how corrupt our freedom to disciminate really is...haha
There are 3 types of people in the world.

Those who count.

&

Those who can't.
There are 3 types of people in the world.

Those who count.

&

Those who can't.
post #36 of 39
The first apple sold for $666.66 because it corresponds to Woz's joke line phone number.

But yes... adam and eve... the bite out of the apple... of course apple computers are satanic.

Aren't we all eating babies for breakfast?
A Fair and Balanced Liberal

John Kerry for President
A Fair and Balanced Liberal

John Kerry for President
post #37 of 39
well, Landover Baptist is most definitely a parody site (some friends bought my wife one of the "whay would jesus do?" thongs last year from them).

So, linking to them makes me fairly convinced this other site is parody as well (or run by really dense christians).

Fish
post #38 of 39
I think Steve is agnostic / Buddhist./ atheist

I think Gates is an agnostic. Barbara Walters asked him on live tv and he hesitated and said something...so i'm guessing agnostic / atheist
post #39 of 39
Quote:
Originally posted by 709
Very.

That page is HILLARIOUS!!!

it is so over the top!!!

he talks about the girl in the "switch" campaign being under the control of the "Reality Distortion Field" that Macs apparently emenate!!!
That came from a tip by a web page reader!!!!

I knew about the early 666.66$ price as a kind of joke mixed with the Apple as Knowledge thing . . . and I must admit I could see how so Christians could see Jobs as intentionally participating in the creation of "The Beast -WWW" etc . . . . but I no longer believe in that hullabaloo whooey

people live in fear of shiite . . . sad really
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › is steve jobs a Christian?