or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Good, affordable 15 inch display for the new Power Mac?

Good, affordable 15 inch display for the new Power Mac?

post #1 of 9
I am thinking about getting a Power Mac late march, I am going for the low-end model because that is enough for me, but I really need to save on the display. 15" will do, but I find the Apple Display rather costly (though not without its charms).

could you recommend any good, affordable flat panel displays?

(i really don't want a crt, too bulky)

oh, and also-a new iMac is definetly out of the question...too many flaws on the first revision, also, I need it late March and that iMac is one little procrastinator.

so, what do you advice? should I drop the 600$ for the Apple display or should I look for alternatives...?
and I salute you for your courage///
post #2 of 9
also...I don't want to buy online... I prefer to do it "live"...
post #3 of 9
I don't know the retail outlets in El Salvador, but perhaps any general compusaish store has a bunch of LCD monitors you can look at and choose yourself.
post #4 of 9
oh oh I forgot to mention...I am GOING to the US to buy the computer and all...specifically San Francisco.

so, maybe you can help me
post #5 of 9
I live in San Francisco, and I have a 15" LCD/ADC used, but in perfect condition, in original box with all documents, and packing. NO dead pixels.I just bought a new 17" one.

I was planning on selling it this weekend [$350]. When are you coming??
post #6 of 9
ohhhhh coolies!

I am going to San Francisco the last week of march (arriving on the 22nd.)

so, I will SERIOUSLY consider that! if you are willing to wait

[ 03-01-2002: Message edited by: injektilo demon ]</p>
post #7 of 9
I know you said you wanna buy it in person but here's a link to what I got in Januray. NEC Black 15" LCD... $399. Great quality. <a href="http://shop1.outpost.com/product/3023649" target="_blank">Outpost.com l Product Detail</a>

[ 03-01-2002: Message edited by: EmAn ]</p>
post #8 of 9
<a href="http://www.neovo-usa.com" target="_blank">neovo-usa</a> makes some beautiful <a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index%3Delectronics%26field-keywords%3Dag%20neovo%26bq%3D1/104-0880193-9902303" target="_blank">displays</a> their site lists brick and mortar retailers you can pick one up at.

[ 03-02-2002: Message edited by: janitor ]</p>
post #9 of 9
thank you all for your responses, we'll see how this comes up.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Good, affordable 15 inch display for the new Power Mac?