or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPod Mini Advertisements?

iPod Mini Advertisements?

post #1 of 29
with the sales of the new mini so "large and in charge" is apple even going to bother buying ad-space for them or not
"Cuz if you leave the world a better place than when you got here, we all win"
-MURS 316
-MURS 316
post #2 of 29
You don't need a seperate ad.
post #3 of 29
Quote:
Originally posted by Placebo
You don't need a seperate ad.

no i mean are they even going to mention them in a TV spot or something of the sort?
-MURS 316
-MURS 316
post #4 of 29
What they should to is hire mini-me and MJ back, have mini-me hold the big iPod, and have MH have the minIpod, like the powerbook commercials
post #5 of 29
Quote:
Originally posted by psgamer0921
What they should to is hire mini-me and MJ back, have mini-me hold the big iPod, and have MH have the minIpod, like the powerbook commercials

dell or some PC computer did that when they came out with 12" and 17" laptops. sorry... it was vern troyer and yao ming
-MURS 316
-MURS 316
post #6 of 29
I think it was Apple that did that
post #7 of 29
Quote:
Originally posted by PS5533
dell or some PC computer did that when they came out with 12" and 17" laptops. sorry... it was vern troyer and yao ming

Umm, it was Apple man. Get it right.
post #8 of 29
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
I think it was Apple that did that

It was, you can find the ad somewhere on the net, maybe even on apple.com. I think it would be dumb to not tout the mini as something different, just because they are at the top of sales in the Apple Store doesn't mean everything. They need to make sure people know about this thing.

Note: In the future, stuff like this should be in DH.
Come waste your time with me

In a world without doors or walls, there is no need for Gates or Windows
Come waste your time with me

In a world without doors or walls, there is no need for Gates or Windows
post #9 of 29
Moving to Digital Hub.
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
post #10 of 29
I think you'll see a completely different kind of ad campaign for the mini. Lot's of beautiful people (gals and guys), running, sweating and enjoying their iPod mini's. We'll see next month.
Things Ain't What They Seem!
post #11 of 29
Quote:
Originally posted by MacsRGood4U
I think you'll see a completely different kind of ad campaign for the mini. Lot's of beautiful people (gals and guys), running, sweating and enjoying their iPod mini's. We'll see next month.

what makes you think that this is the kind of ad they will have
I think I think...therefore, I think I am.

We get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more...

We get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more...
post #12 of 29
Well. All those colors seem to make a fashion statement. Apple is also offering an arm band (something they don't for the iPod).

Actually, I don't know what demographic Apple will be going after for the mini. But I doubt it will be the same as the iPod. The mini's are more appealing to women I think.
post #13 of 29
slimmer
-MURS 316
-MURS 316
post #14 of 29
Quote:
slimmer

hehe

u know it

post #15 of 29
I bought one, I think its the demographic of people that want to spend no more than 230(education)-250 for an MP3 player.
People that are passionate about what they do, truly believe in their good cause, have a clear vision and understanding of what they want, those people are heroes.
People that are passionate about what they do, truly believe in their good cause, have a clear vision and understanding of what they want, those people are heroes.
post #16 of 29
Editing title accordingly...
post #17 of 29
For now there's no reason to advertise the iPod mini on TV. It's not even going to be out for another 2+ weeks.
I can change my sig again!
post #18 of 29
OK, I'm confused. Didn't anyone actually watch the iPod mini advertisement after the keynote speech? Apple has one, it just hasn't aired yet. I'm guessing apple is saving it until the iPod mini's actually start shipping.

horrid misuse of cool technology
SSBA.COM
SSBA.COM
post #19 of 29
Quote:
Originally posted by Ebby
OK, I'm confused. Didn't anyone actually watch the iPod mini advertisement after the keynote speech? Apple has one, it just hasn't aired yet. I'm guessing apple is saving it until the iPod mini's actually start shipping.

Go back and watch the stream. That is not an ad.

It's a slideshow made up of frames from the regular iPod ads and press photos of the iPod mini.
post #20 of 29
Apple always has more column inches than the PC manufacturers. The iPod mini has been greatly advertised by the press in the UK. I even heard radio 4 having a discussion with a Mac man about the UK pricing! Apple have made ads for the iPod mini, it will prb start with the Pepsi competition. \
post #21 of 29
Pepsi reportedly is going to give away some standard iPods not the mini during the iTunes promotion. A company that makes "skins" for the iPod reported they made 800 of 'em (with the Pepsi logo) for Apple. We'll see.
post #22 of 29
Yesterday I saw some pics of Beyonce, Britney, Pink (and Enrique Iglesias) dressed up as gladiators 'for the next Pepsi ad'.

Does anyone know if this does in fact refer to the Pepsi/iTMS Superbowl giveaway thang?
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally posted by Eugene
It's a slideshow made up of frames from the regular iPod ads and press photos of the iPod mini.

What I saw was certainly not a slideshow. It had all the iPod minis spinning around like in the early color iMac ads. But it had no narration that I can remember.

But there are also all those posters around San Francisco. Most of them are on bus stops. Those are unmistakably iPod mini ads.
SSBA.COM
SSBA.COM
post #24 of 29
Quote:

Yeah...it was APPLE! I hope you're kidding about thinking it was Dell.
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally posted by åsen
Yesterday I saw some pics of Beyonce, Britney, Pink (and Enrique Iglesias) dressed up as gladiators 'for the next Pepsi ad'.

Does anyone know if this does in fact refer to the Pepsi/iTMS Superbowl giveaway thang?

Well, let's see: you have some VERY big stars in music (some of the biggest, currently). They're dressed up in gladiator garb, you say? I can see, on top of that, some heavy FX-laden visuals...with these top music stars dressed in showy garb.

Yeah, I think when you add it all up, that seems to point to a SuperBowl ad. Doesn't quite sound like your average, run-of-the-mill commercial, does it?

On a related note, was Pink looking hot?

post #26 of 29
I think it is fairly easy to work out who's who:

post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally posted by Placebo
Yeah...it was APPLE! I hope you're kidding about thinking it was Dell.

i forgot... had my hate for dell on my mind
-MURS 316
-MURS 316
post #28 of 29
Quote:
i forgot... had my hate for dell on my mind

sure you did...

post #29 of 29
Quote:
Originally posted by mattjohndrow
sure you did...

yeah lets go with that 18) ...play it kool tho
-MURS 316
-MURS 316
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPod Mini Advertisements?