or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Serial Wacom Tablet in OSX

Serial Wacom Tablet in OSX

post #1 of 7
I have a serial Wacom Intuos tablet that I am trying to install on my G4 Quicksilver.
I am using a Keyspan Serial to USB adapter and have downloadd the Wacom Drivers from their website, but it won't work.
Everytime I reboot, or logout / login I get a message saying the Wacom drivers were not installed due to an internal system conflict.
Anybody know if this setup can work in OSX?
Thanks,

Rick
post #2 of 7
Wacom's OSX driver only supports the USB version of their tablets. Serial or ADB will NOT work
Mac Pro 2.66, 5GB RAM, 250+120 HD, 23" Cinema Display
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
post #3 of 7
<already answered>

my USB graphire works fine

</already>
The brain conceives of mathematical space in terms of numbers and dimensions ... The hand masters matter through the crafts, and with the help of tools and machinery.
The brain conceives of mathematical space in terms of numbers and dimensions ... The hand masters matter through the crafts, and with the help of tools and machinery.
post #4 of 7
i've got a serial wacom with a Keyspan converter too.

i've been waiting to hear about OSX support

how about Keyspan?
shouldn't they be working hard to make our lives work?
post #5 of 7
hah !

yes, there is some info on the keyspan site for the USB/Serial adapter drivers they have:

<a href="http://www.keyspan.com/support/macosx/usa/" target="_blank">http://www.keyspan.com/support/macosx/usa/</a>
post #6 of 7
The adaptor driver will only act as a serial port NOT USB port

Wacom's OSX driver only works with USB. So having a Keyspan adaptor is still helpless
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
post #7 of 7
Giblets!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Serial Wacom Tablet in OSX