or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple Hypes MWSF 2002
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple Hypes MWSF 2002 - Page 33  

post #1281 of 1762
This thread is getting so engrossing, that I won't close the window until after the keynote - I can't resist the insane sense of geeky humor that oozes out of the erm, hyperlinks. Anyhow, thats that for my medical school exam on Wednesday - I never wanted to be a Doctor anyway <img src="graemlins/hmmm.gif" border="0" alt="[Hmmm]" />

Dave


P.S. Don't worry about me (as if you would!) - It's only a mock, and I'll probably do better than many, though that really isn't saying that much....

Hay - New Page - Yippee!

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: iMacfan ]</p>
_ ________________________ _

I have no signature - Doh!
_ ________________________ _

I have no signature - Doh!
post #1282 of 1762
275+ posts since I was last here...

... At this rate I'll bet we will get to 2000 before Macworld if AI forums dont go down...

E PLURIBUS UNIX
-----------------------------
post #1283 of 1762
Well, at first I thought that they just copied the rumors from Spymac, but the prices are included with the specifications....In legal term it means that they are now obliged to provide those products to whoever wants to buy them.
Under the French laws those guys are in serious trouble if it is just a rumor....
Anyway we'll see....
post #1284 of 1762
I dont think the G5 has a velocity engine or engines... <img src="graemlins/hmmm.gif" border="0" alt="[Hmmm]" />
post #1285 of 1762
Wow 33 pages and going strong.
post #1286 of 1762
[quote]Originally posted by danB:
<strong>

They do??? Where?! Haven't seen/heard anything about it...</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't know, but it was mentioned in one the other threads.
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
post #1287 of 1762
[quote]Originally posted by thentro:
<strong>I dont think the G5 has a velocity engine or engines... <img src="graemlins/hmmm.gif" border="0" alt="[Hmmm]" /> </strong><hr></blockquote>

of course it does. Dont be silly!

what about the current G4 or apollo? do they ahve more then one?
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #1288 of 1762
I think it will be seven teasers, seven announcements.
In no paticular order:
Power mac
iMac
iBook
iPhoto
New digital device
New Monitors
Gigawire
:cool:
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #1289 of 1762
[quote]Originally posted by Justin287:
<strong>Anyone want to guess what will be on the Apple.com homepage on Monday?

I am thinking a a message similar to the ones we have been getting for the last 7 days, with a background image of the mystery product (that is a faint outline that can't barely be seen).
No that would be mean </strong><hr></blockquote>

well.......
post #1290 of 1762
[quote]Originally posted by Toofeu:
<strong>Well, at first I thought that they just copied the rumors from Spymac, but the prices are included with the specifications....In legal term it means that they are now obliged to provide those products to whoever wants to buy them.
Under the French laws those guys are in serious trouble if it is just a rumor....
Anyway we'll see....</strong><hr></blockquote>

But it is in their news section - not in the Catalogue section.
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
post #1291 of 1762
Steve! Steve Steve!
post #1292 of 1762
[quote]Originally posted by Anders:
<strong>Just want to repsot this because the page changed so quickly it got caught on last page:

Lets try something new: What are Apple doing of "extras" around the world? What have Apple France, Apple Sweden, Apple Germany aso done extra for this show that they havenĀ“t done before or which remarks have the local Apple representatives said or done that is special?

We just read the statement from Apple Norway. Apple Denmark has invited the general public to see the keynote at two locations (for the first time ever? Heklp me here JLL). Normally its only press, resellers aso.

__________________

</strong><hr></blockquote>

AFAIK, nothing from Apple Belgium - yet. But then, I never even knew Apple had any real people here in Belgium anyway. The support isn't even awful, it simply doesn't exist.

My local Mac dealer is showing the keynote in their shop in Antwerp, however. It could even be with the help of Apple belgium. Again, AFAIk, that's a first. See
<a href="http://www.i-t-pro.be" target="_blank">here for more info in Dutch</a>
post #1293 of 1762
Cool, 33 pages and I'm counting 1 post every ten seconds..

Only morons use signatures
Only morons use signatures
post #1294 of 1762
[quote]Originally posted by Macintosh:
<strong>Steve! Steve Steve!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! WOOOOHOOOOOOO!! M!!!!A!!!!C!!!W!!!!O!!!!R!!!!L!!!!D!!!!!
post #1295 of 1762


I have read that they have changed the V.E on the G5 and no longer push it. (Like MMX...)Rather the 64 bit stuff


ie this is fake!

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: thentro ]</p>
post #1296 of 1762
[quote]Originally posted by Justin287:
<strong>Anyone want to guess what will be on the Apple.com homepage on Monday?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I expect we'll see more than on on Monday.

Well... of course, but I mean more than one before the Stevenote.

I imagine they'll count the hours down and have some witty saying for each one until the homepage finally just links to the QT stream.
- me

$me = ('Berber' + 'Carpet');
- me

$me = ('Berber' + 'Carpet');
post #1297 of 1762
That G5 chip looks more like a marketing department excersize than a real chip of anykind.
The Mother of all flip-flops!!
Support our troops by educating yourself and being a responsible voter. Democracy and Capitalism REQUIRE Intelligence and Wisdom if they are to be worth a damn beyond...
The Mother of all flip-flops!!
Support our troops by educating yourself and being a responsible voter. Democracy and Capitalism REQUIRE Intelligence and Wisdom if they are to be worth a damn beyond...
post #1298 of 1762
[quote]Originally posted by BerberCarpet:
<strong>

I expect we'll see more than on on Monday.

Well... of course, but I mean more than one before the Stevenote.

I imagine they'll count the hours down and have some witty saying for each one until the homepage finally just links to the QT stream.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yea i mean before the keynote
post #1299 of 1762
Also, the number on the "G5" chip is the same number that is on the G4 chip on Apple's web site. I don't know what this number is I just know they are the same on the two images!
post #1300 of 1762
[quote]Originally posted by thentro:
<strong>ie this is fake!

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: thentro ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Of course the image is fake - I thought that it was obvious that the image was taken from apple.com:

JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
post #1301 of 1762
it looks more like a G4 chip +photoshop


edit:
1300!

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: thentro ]</p>
post #1302 of 1762
I am going to make the 2002nd post...

I was only off by one post last time...

E PLURIBUS UNIX
-----------------------------
post #1303 of 1762
[quote]Originally posted by thentro:
[QB]it looks more like a G4 chip +photoshop/QB]<hr></blockquote>

The picture on apple.com is also a Photoshop job - the G4 doesn't have a big G4 all over it and certainly not Velocity Engine.
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
post #1304 of 1762
Just so you know, I became so addicted to this forum last night that I couldn't sleep and I kept waking up every half an hour to check the forums scared that I'd missed some new revelation. I spooled a long ethernet cable into the bedroom so I could have my ibook on all night by the bed!! How about *that* for sad??

Anyway, when is the keynote in GMT? 8 hours + PST?

[and, is it just me or do you feel the walls starting to shake a little on the old UBB? Maybe she canna take no more cap'n?]
Arbernaut
----------------------------------
Pixelsurgeon
----------------------------------
Arbernaut
----------------------------------
Pixelsurgeon
----------------------------------
post #1305 of 1762
[quote]Originally posted by JLL:
<strong>

The picture on apple.com is also a Photoshop job - the G4 doesn't have a big G4 all over it and certainly not Velocity Engine.</strong><hr></blockquote>

not Velocity Engine? Then what is it?
(apple calls Altivec V.E)
post #1306 of 1762
[quote]Originally posted by Arbernaut:
<strong>Just so you know, I became so addicted to this forum last night that I couldn't sleep and I kept waking up every half an hour to check the forums scared that I'd missed some new revelation. I spooled a long ethernet cable into the bedroom so I could have my ibook on all night by the bed!! How about *that* for sad??</strong><hr></blockquote>

Loser! Use AirPort instead
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
post #1307 of 1762
[quote]Originally posted by FERRO:
<strong>I am going to make the 2002nd post...

I was only off by one post last time...

E PLURIBUS UNIX
-----------------------------
</strong><hr></blockquote>

you were off by 2
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #1308 of 1762
"We are the music-makers, and We are the dreamers of the dreams."

It's that time again... Time to pop in Willy Wonka! Sing some songs, Eats tons of candy, and watch one of the Best movies ever made!
post #1309 of 1762
The Candy Man = Mr. Steve Jobs
post #1310 of 1762
[quote]Originally posted by thentro:
<strong>

not Velocity Engine? Then what is it?
(apple calls Altivec V.E)</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well since it is Motorola that makes the chips it would say AltiVec (and PowerPC 74xx).
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
post #1311 of 1762
[quote]Originally posted by thentro:
<strong>

not Velocity Engine? Then what is it?
(apple calls Altivec V.E)</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think he means physically the WORDS velocity engine...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #1312 of 1762
[quote]Originally posted by JLL:
<strong>

Loser! Use AirPort instead </strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm holding out for gigawire!

:eek: <img src="graemlins/smokin.gif" border="0" alt="[Chilling]" />
Arbernaut
----------------------------------
Pixelsurgeon
----------------------------------
Arbernaut
----------------------------------
Pixelsurgeon
----------------------------------
post #1313 of 1762
[quote]Originally posted by Arbernaut:
<strong>

I'm holding out for gigawire!

:eek: <img src="graemlins/smokin.gif" border="0" alt="[Chilling]" /> </strong><hr></blockquote>

haha
post #1314 of 1762
Arbernaut - where are you in London - I'm at Imperial College at the moment - anywhere near?

Dave
_ ________________________ _

I have no signature - Doh!
_ ________________________ _

I have no signature - Doh!
post #1315 of 1762
[quote]Originally posted by BerberCarpet:
<strong>

I expect we'll see more than on on Monday.

Well... of course, but I mean more than one before the Stevenote.

I imagine they'll count the hours down and have some witty saying for each one until the homepage finally just links to the QT stream.</strong><hr></blockquote>

All productivity would came to a halt. Everyone would be wondering what the next slogan will be. ok well maybe just us
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #1316 of 1762
[quote]Originally posted by Toofeu:
<strong>Well, at first I thought that they just copied the rumors from Spymac, but the prices are included with the specifications....In legal term it means that they are now obliged to provide those products to whoever wants to buy them.
Under the French laws those guys are in serious trouble if it is just a rumor....
Anyway we'll see....</strong><hr></blockquote>

These specs do seem to be the consensus from the grapevine. But something is weird about that page. That whole website looks pretty amateur, but it's the specs like the lack of a SuperDrive that has me scratching my head. But since there are no product numbers or links, it just smells fishy. We shall see. I've been wrong before. In any case, do some of those markings I can't read mean more dual processor configurations or something?

correction: they do have product numbers. This site also has the LCD iMac specs, but all of this stuff is apparently copied from the well-known suckfuldotcom source through Go2Mac and SpyMac (this French site shows the iWalk too). As has already been shown, the first LCD imac model has the same product number as OS X at the Apple Store. Bogus. I guess these guys will be hearing from French authorities.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: BuonRotto ]</p>
post #1317 of 1762
[quote]Originally posted by iMacfan:
<strong>Arbernaut - where are you in London - I'm at Imperial College at the moment - anywhere near?

Dave</strong><hr></blockquote>

Harrow, north west London... why do you want to buy me a beer?

Arbernaut
----------------------------------
Pixelsurgeon
----------------------------------
Arbernaut
----------------------------------
Pixelsurgeon
----------------------------------
post #1318 of 1762
HOLY dogCOW!

I finally made it to the end of this thread. It took me a couple of hours to catch up on where I left off very late last night...

3 times in a row, I got finished reading the second to last page, clicked to the last page, and found ANOTHER new page had begun in the meantime.

Great times to be an AI addict!!
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #1319 of 1762
[quote]Originally posted by psantora:
<strong>

I think he means physically the WORDS velocity engine...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes, the words Velocity Engine is not on the chip itself - it's just Apple's marketing name for AltiVec.
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
post #1320 of 1762
[quote]Originally posted by Arbernaut:
<strong>

I'm holding out for gigawire!

:eek: <img src="graemlins/smokin.gif" border="0" alt="[Chilling]" /> </strong><hr></blockquote>

JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple Hypes MWSF 2002