or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Everyone, it's going to be OK: George Knows.

Everyone, it's going to be OK: George Knows. - Page 17

post #641 of 654
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
Wow. Just, wow. The jobs forecast DID NOT come from the BLS. The BLS is the most unbiased source of information available. Not ****ing "jobwatch.org". Oh my lord.

As for being "in a shithole of a recession", you're just utterly, utterly wrong. Either that, or you have no idea what the word "recession" means. GDP is very strong, which is primary measure of the economy. Unemployment is low. The markets in overall, in very good shape. Factories are operating at the fastest pace in almost 20 years. We are NOWHERE NEAR a recession. We're in "strong growth". The piece missing is job growth. Almost all other sectors of the economy are doing well. You're crazy, with all due respect.

And, how can Bush be blamed for the loss of benefits? Those are business decisions and a growing trend due to a variety of issues.

The problem is that Bush specifically advertised his policies as tools for creating new jobs. The job projections based on those policies have been unrealistic from the start, and now the administration has backed away from them. Remember, how many hundreds of thousands of jobs were supposed to be created? He's failed spectacularly.
post #642 of 654
jimmac, SDW, tonton, Gilsch and anyone else: you can get in a chat room or something if you're going to jump on each other. Thank you.
post #643 of 654
Quote:
How about you prove that.

Fine, just because I love to educate people.

http://middleeastreference.org.uk/kamel.html

Complete with transcript.

Edit: edited a sentence after reading the Mods warning.
post #644 of 654
SDW, factories are operating at the fastest pace and aren't hiring. Do you see a problem with that?
post #645 of 654
Quote:
Originally posted by billybobsky
SDW, factories are operating at the fastest pace and aren't hiring. Do you see a problem with that?

Yes. That's because job growth is last to come back. You'll see
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #646 of 654
Quote:
Yes. That's because job growth is last to come back. You'll see

SDW, no. These companies aren't rehiring because they updated their factories to need less workers. They made capital investments into automation. People were expendable.
post #647 of 654
Quote:
Riiiight. So you're saying Clinton had MORE to go on, or LESS? Gee, let me think.

You're saying Bush had less info to use to make a decision? You're wrong.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #648 of 654
Quote:
Originally posted by billybobsky
SDW, no. These companies aren't rehiring because they updated their factories to need less workers. They made capital investments into automation. People were expendable.

manpower, INC. is predicting the highest percentage of companies willing to hire in the Spring season since 2000.

Btw, your statement above is unsupported. Thanks.
post #649 of 654
Quote:
Originally posted by bunge
You're saying Bush had less info to use to make a decision? You're wrong.

I'm saying he had more reason than Clinton did. You can't be arguing there was less of a reason.
post #650 of 654
Quote:
I'm saying he had more reason than Clinton did. You can't be arguing there was less of a reason.

Yeah! He just wasn't telling anybody what the " reason " was.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #651 of 654
Quote:
manpower, INC. is predicting the highest percentage of companies willing to hire in the Spring season since 2000.

Btw, your statement above is unsupported. Thanks.

You aren't seriously relying on predictions, now, are you, SDW?
post #652 of 654
Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnJ
You aren't seriously relying on predictions, now, are you, SDW?

Well since they are, I don't know, in the EMPLOYMENT industry, I'll take their word. Their data was based on a survey of their client companies. It's a pretty decent prediction...you know, talking to the actual companies who hire.
post #653 of 654
Quote:
Well since they are, I don't know, in the EMPLOYMENT industry, I'll take their word. Their data was based on a survey of their client companies. It's a pretty decent prediction...you know, talking to the actual companies who hire.

Well, I'm sure their heart's in the right place.........

Come back and talk about it when it's actually happened.
post #654 of 654
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmac
Well, I'm sure their heart's in the right place.........

Come back and talk about it when it's actually happened.

I will.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Everyone, it's going to be OK: George Knows.