Originally posted by tonton
The only way to reduce terrorism is through diplomacy. Bush doesn't support a policy of diplomacy. I would rather see our President do nothing than do what Bush has done, which is to instigate further terrorism through adversity.
I don't care what Kerry does to fight the WOT. It could NOT be any worse than what Bush has done. So am I supporting a "anyone but Bush" campaign? You betcha.
Likewise for the economy, taxes, education, health. No one could possibly do worse than Bush has done.
I am a Bush hater! Bash me? Fine. I know where I stand and I recognize the true measure of the "success" (or failure, as it stands) of the policies of the Bush administration.
"There's something rotten in the state of Denmark". And we know exactly who it is.
1. DIPLOMACY? You absolutely MUST be joking. One cannot negotiate with those who wish one's destruction. Terrorists and terror sponsoring states respect one thing, and that's raw power. The US is not at fault for the plight of the Middle East, from its corrupt and brutal dictatorships to its total ethnic and religous instability. We must hunt and kills terrorists and punish the states that sponsor them. What other way is there?
2. Economy: What did Bush do? Unemployment is low, the markets are up, GDP growth is strong and we're out of recession (which by the way was much milder than the last one). Job growth needs to improve...but the economy is quite sound. A disaster? No.
3. Education: The federal budget is up 40%. NCLBA, for all it's flaws, demands accountability for schools on everything from scores to attendance. Please explain what you see to be the problem. It sure as hell isn't money. We spend more on education per student than any other country in the world.
4. Healthcare: That's because an ultra-leftist like yourself believes we need nationalized heathcare for all Americans. It's not a right in this country. Period. Despite that, Bush signed a massive federal entitlement program for Medicare, providing prescription drug coverage. Call for tort reform and more government regualtion of insurance companies and maybe you'll have my attention.
5. Taxes: I got a tax decrease. Everyone did. Let me say that again..EVERYONE. Play all the class warfare games you want, but the rich pay the cast majority of taxes and when taxes are cut, they should get the most real-dollar benefit.
No one could do worse? I beg to differ.