Originally posted by BuonRottoBTW, you can use ICeCoffEE to do this for the time being.
So true, one just can't endorse IceCoffee often enough.
I'm looking forward to (or would like):
- the announced screen reading component, Spoken Interface (which is fairly modest, and is really just Apple making the OS more access-friendly, fulfilling gov't requirements, and filling a sudden 3rd party hole) fitting into a larger UE framework of enhanced speech controls and capabilities, including natural voice synthesis...
I don't think voice navigation is going replace keyboards and mice by any means, but it could it be a very interesting supplement and have a great deal of "wow" factor. ("Tiger roars"-style taglines, anyone?)
- improved, more sophisticated notification
- Cocoa text system (thus TextEdit) gaining new increasingly WP-like capabilities
- seeing what direction Apple takes in enhancing the Dock (10.5 maybe?)
- and of course, the dozens and dozens of l'il improvements Apple sprinkles throughout their apps and the UI