or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Nick Berg Beheaded.

Nick Berg Beheaded.  

post #1 of 319
Surprised no thread opened up yet. Discuss...

(Link to follow)
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
post #2 of 319
http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlates...078960,00.html

post #3 of 319
Reading this article, it sounds like he wasn't with the military, so what was a civilian doing in Iraq?
post #4 of 319
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran441
Reading this article, it sounds like he wasn't with the military, so what was a civilian doing in Iraq?

There are lots of civilians in iraq, not all of them american either(remember back a few weeks with all the people being kidnapped?)

I say behead the people who did it, nice and slow.
post #5 of 319
Quote:
How can a free Muslim sleep well as he sees Islam slaughtered and its dignity bleeding, and the pictures of shame and the news of the devilish scorn of the people of Islam - men and women - in the prison of Abu Ghraib?

You will not receive anything from us but coffins after coffins... slaughtered in this way.
post #6 of 319
Quote:
Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah
How can a free Muslim sleep well as he sees Islam slaughtered and its dignity bleeding, and the pictures of shame and the news of the devilish scorn of the people of Islam - men and women - in the prison of Abu Ghraib?

You will not receive anything from us but coffins after coffins... slaughtered in this way.

Ah. Good. So the plan to bring democracy and light to the ME and "drain the swamp" of terrorists is right on track then.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #7 of 319
Remember children, Islam is the religion of peace.

http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/iraq2vediom.wmv

WARNING - GRAPHIC VIDEO LINKED
post #8 of 319
Quote:
Originally posted by vice108

This same sarcasm is making the rounds across the world in reference to the US's claims of spreading human rights and democracy. It's clearly misguided in both cases.
post #9 of 319
^

Ay lad, sadly the knife cuts both ways...
You know, what's interesting about our country is that for years we were isolated from the world by two great oceans, and for a while we got a false sense of security as a result of that. We...
You know, what's interesting about our country is that for years we were isolated from the world by two great oceans, and for a while we got a false sense of security as a result of that. We...
post #10 of 319
Quote:
Originally posted by The General

I say behead the people who did it, nice and slow.

take an eye for an eye, leave the whole world blind ( - that famous peacenik)

if we would behave in accordance to geneva conventions in the first place, this wouldn't have happen.

but, yeah, let's carpet bomb the whole place
post #11 of 319
Bad folks. These people are bastards first, Muslims second. Having said that, Abu Ghraib is a gift to them.
post #12 of 319
Quote:
Abu Ghraib is a gift to them.

It is, but we shouldn't believe for a second that this act was in response to that. The exact same thing was done to Daniel Pearl long before this Iraq prison business.
post #13 of 319
Quote:
Bad folks. These people are bastards first, Muslims second.

best reply yet!
post #14 of 319
Quote:
Originally posted by BRussell
It is, but we shouldn't believe for a second that this act was in response to that. The exact same thing was done to Daniel Pearl long before this Iraq prison business.

indeed, but, by saying that it is, it's going to piss off a hell of a lot more people than it would otherwise.
orange you just glad?
orange you just glad?
post #15 of 319
it is a horrible thing, my thoughts go out to his family, his friends...

violence to stop violence so rarely works...sadly it is often the first thing tried...

shame on them...hopefully there is a hell and they will visit it and stay

g
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
post #16 of 319
Quote:
Originally posted by vice108

http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/iraq2vediom.wmv

WARNING - GRAPHIC VIDEO LINKED

link down
post #17 of 319
Quote:
Originally posted by thegelding
it is a horrible thing, my thoughts go out to his family, his friends...

violence to stop violence so rarely works...sadly it is often the first thing tried...
g

Indeed, It's a lot easier to retaliate in like suit than to work out anything else, but violence begets violence, the whole thing is a terrible cycle of hate, and there is no easy way out.
orange you just glad?
orange you just glad?
post #18 of 319
MacBook Pro 15" (Unibody)/2.4GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250GB HD/SuperDrive
iMac 20"/2 GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250 GB/SuperDrive
PowerBook G4 12"/1 GHz/1.25 GB RAM/60GB/Combo
iMac G3 333 MHz/96 MB...

MacBook Pro 15" (Unibody)/2.4GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250GB HD/SuperDrive
iMac 20"/2 GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250 GB/SuperDrive
PowerBook G4 12"/1 GHz/1.25 GB RAM/60GB/Combo
iMac G3 333 MHz/96 MB...

post #19 of 319
What a heinious act by a group of masked cowards.

I'm sorry, but although the crimes against prisoners at Abu Ghraib were despicable, its hardly an excuse for a response such as this. This kind of barbarism is appalling and sickening. I don't begin to understand the mindset that sees this as some form of perverted justice. Fsking animals.
bah!
bah!
post #20 of 319
Quote:
Originally posted by BRussell

That's certainly true. It isn't as if they needed an excuse, of course, but they will latch onto anything they can to validate this kind of gesture. It must be easier to kill someone if you're all pumped up on 'righteous anger.' Certainly they did it as much for the people of Iraq as awful propaganda as for the Americans.
post #21 of 319
As tempting as it is to click on the link I know better; it will only sicken me. There's a reason that there's yet to be peace in the Middle East, you're looking at it.
Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon @ drewprops.com
Oldest Member of AI (Jan 99) until JRC snaps to his senses and starts posting again. (the blackout borked my join date)
Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon @ drewprops.com
Oldest Member of AI (Jan 99) until JRC snaps to his senses and starts posting again. (the blackout borked my join date)
post #22 of 319
Can someone stick this on their iDisk? I can't seem to get it to finish downloading.
post #23 of 319
I can't get it STARTED downloading!
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #24 of 319
here is a working link:
http://www.dreamscapesoftheperverse.com/iraq.htm

it is real media format. i haven't played it, but i assume it works
post #25 of 319
Why the fuck did I just watch that.

Holy jesus fucking christ.
post #26 of 319
Pre-watching: I have a feeling this isn't going to be fun.
post #27 of 319
I'm not going to watch it. I will gain nothing from it.
post #28 of 319
I'm not watching that.
post #29 of 319
Quote:
Originally posted by murbot
Why the fuck did I just watch that.

Holy jesus fucking christ.

i agree. i must be crazy to watch that sh!t. i hated those faces of death movies, though i only saw one and it wasn't even the worst one apparently

i'll probably have fvking nightmares for a while

FVCKKKK!!!!..I'M AN A-HOLE FOR WATCHING THAT
post #30 of 319
Quote:
Originally posted by drewprops
As tempting as it is to click on the link I know better; it will only sicken me. There's a reason that there's yet to be peace in the Middle East, you're looking at it.

yer right. savage fvcks!
post #31 of 319
Post-watching: I'm glad the audio wasn't synced up correctly and the video was blurry.

Think happy thoughts. \
post #32 of 319
Quote:
Originally posted by burningwheel
i agree. i must be crazy to watch that sh!t. i hated those faces of death movies, though i only saw one and it wasn't even the worst one apparently

i'll probably have fvking nightmares for a while

FVCKKKK!!!!..I'M AN A-HOLE FOR WATCHING THAT

I'm glad I didn't watch it.

I'm going to go get some icecream now. Anyone who didn't watch want to join me?
post #33 of 319
do you think the video should be made available to the public so the world can see how messed up these people are? maybe it would help the world unite against these terrorists

i don't know i'm just sickened

thanks Mr. President

FVCK!!!!!! AGAIN!!!
post #34 of 319
Quote:
Originally posted by burningwheel
maybe it would help the world unite against these terrorists

No it won't. One American dead on explicit video won't do a thing.

Edit: The world was sympathetic to America after 9/11 until we fucked it all up. This one more dead American won't bring back any sympathy.
post #35 of 319
It is available to the public, but you just have to look for it. It absolutely should not be broadcast on ANYTHING ANYWHERE.
post #36 of 319
From what I understand, this was filmed roughly two weeks ago.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #37 of 319
Quote:
Originally posted by progmac

if we would behave in accordance to geneva conventions in the first place, this wouldn't have happen.

Yeah, Right....
post #38 of 319
I started it, but couldn't get past the part where he started discussing his family. Just don't have the stomach for it.
post #39 of 319
This should be on the evening news. War is sick, and everyone should know it. Don't hide the coffins, don't hide the bodies, don't hide any of it.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #40 of 319
Yes...why am I watching this video? Shudder. This kind of stuff is too horrific to stomach...makes one wonder how low human beings can sink, and if there is any limit to what humans will do to others, especially by those in a position of phsyical advantage/strength over another. I remember feeling the same anger/sadness/frustration/revulsion when watching the murder of Rachel Corrie, another American citizen getting deliberately crushed, under an Israeli bulldozer, the driver driving forwards then reversing repeatedly over her broken body. In stark contrast with the reactions to the deaths of (for example) Daniel Pearl and the recent spate of executions of US civilians in Iraq, Rachel's horrendous, vicious fate was ignored at best, and praised at worst, by many in the American mainstream.

"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Nick Berg Beheaded.