or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › How to disable my CTRL key?

How to disable my CTRL key?

post #1 of 7
is there anything i can do, software/registry-wise, to disable the 'ctrl' input for my computer? thanks.

deunan
post #2 of 7
Registry?!

The easy if lo-tech way is to take the key off the keyboard. There's probably software that will let you do this too, but it's under some other guise. Quickkeys or something maybe? There might be some others out there thatallow you to remap keys and such. Try versiontracker or macupdate for ideas, and maybe someone else would know. And now that I think of it, you might do a search of www.macosxhints.com which has plenty of geek-speak hacks for OS X in one place.
post #3 of 7
http://gnufoo.org/ucontrol/ucontrol.html

does what you ask and more...
works great even if you don't have a laptop...

may I ask why you want to disable the key?
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul

may I ask why you want to disable the key? [/B]

My olaptop keyboard is busted, so that if you press either shift or ctrl, both of the buttons will be input... i have a wireless keyboard, which works fine... and i'm just sick of not having a shift key, lol... so i was wondering if i could just get rid of the ctrl value altogether.... it would save me a lot of hassle.

deunan
post #5 of 7
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul
http://gnufoo.org/ucontrol/ucontrol.html

does what you ask and more...
works great even if you don't have a laptop...

may I ask why you want to disable the key?

oooh! this works just perfect!!! my ctrl key is now the little enter key, but that's it... yay! thank you so much x 1000!!!!!

deunan
post #7 of 7
Should be in Genius Bar...

Going there now...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › How to disable my CTRL key?