or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › G5-2.5 shipping dates.

G5-2.5 shipping dates.

post #1 of 336
I ordered mine on the morning following the announcement and my confirmation says on or before 2nd August. What is the earliest shipping date for the G5?

On a rather disappointing note it says here that we should expect delays owing to problems in supply of the cooling units.
Wll I have my G5 so I am off to get a life; apart from this post...
post #2 of 336
ordered 6/13

Shipping date: on or before 7/30

Dual 2.5ghz
250 GB hard drive
256 MB video card
Airport extreme....

If it's delayed, I'm going to have to switch my order :-(
post #3 of 336
Pardon me, but wasn't croquer the site that, just a month ago, was predicting 2.2, 2.4 and 3.0GHz Power Macs (975, no less) at WWDC?
post #4 of 336
Quote:
Originally posted by BrunoBruin
Pardon me, but wasn't croquer the site that, just a month ago, was predicting 2.2, 2.4 and 3.0GHz Power Macs (975, no less) at WWDC?

Yes that RUMOUR was wrong.
post #5 of 336
My shipping date has moved forward from the 2nd August to "By 31st July" ok it's only three days.

What is the earliest shipment date from Apple for the 2.5ghz machines?
post #6 of 336
Hey just place my order for a PowerMac G5 2.5!!!
1.5GB DDR400 (PC3200)
250GB Serial ATA-7200rpm
8x Super Drive (DVD-R/CD-RW)
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL
Airport Extreme Card
BlueTooth + Apple WWireless Keyboard & Mouse
Final Cut Express 2

Ordered July 9th

Ships on or before July 30th!!!

Oh yeah I also got a 23" monitor on the way!
post #7 of 336
Im happy for everyone! I also said heck with subpar performance and just ordered the monster! I was told shipping on july 28th but it will take a extra day or so for some options i had the reseller put in it. I cant believe i did it! well no more worry about whats going into the next iMac G4 - G5 and what have you hope i wont need a plumber.
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
post #8 of 336
I don't doubt there are delays associated with the cooling, but I ordered a Duallie 1.8 on June 16, and delivery has been pushed back yet again, this time until July 23.

Argh! I finally get off my wallet, and ...

Oh well. Life is good.

Options:
160 GB HD
9600XT vid card
post #9 of 336
Are they are Apple stores? why not buy them there?
post #10 of 336
In my case, there is not AppleStore anywhere near me, and I'd rather keep a local dealer in business as opposed to giving all of my business to a website.

And this way, I have someone to complain to in person!
Forgive my ignorance - you can customize a purchase at the AppleStore (beyond RAM)? Cool!
post #11 of 336
Quote:
Originally posted by KCOM2006
Hey just place my order for a PowerMac G5 2.5!!!
1.5GB DDR400 (PC3200)
250GB Serial ATA-7200rpm
8x Super Drive (DVD-R/CD-RW)
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL
Airport Extreme Card
BlueTooth + Apple WWireless Keyboard & Mouse
Final Cut Express 2

Ordered July 9th

Ships on or before July 30th!!!

Oh yeah I also got a 23" monitor on the way!

you spent all that money on the display, graphics card, hard drive, and ram, but you didnt get final cut pro??

anyways--its impossible for it to ship so soon b/c the graphics card wont be ready until august. well, july 30 is almost aug, but still, i would expect delays
post #12 of 336
You ordered July 9th and have a july 30th shipping date? how?...omg we have the same shipping dates, but I ordered a month earlier...
post #13 of 336
In order to make room for my new 2.5 G5, I'm selling my 2 month old 1.8 G5. If you are interested in a GREAT DEAL
post #14 of 336
Quote:
Originally posted by ipodandimac
you spent all that money on the display, graphics card, hard drive, and ram, but you didnt get final cut pro??

anyways--its impossible for it to ship so soon b/c the graphics card wont be ready until august. well, july 30 is almost aug, but still, i would expect delays

Actually had to change my order from nvidia 6800 to ati 9800xt because it was going to be august 30th for shipping... even though the email said july 30th... I called them and they confirmed august 30th.

Quote:
The reason why they are analysts is because they failed at running businesses.

Quote:

post #15 of 336
Just ordered mine today..

Dual 2.5gHz
9800 XT
160GB SATA
1 GB RAM
Bluetooth

Ships "On or before 7/30/2004"
post #16 of 336
Why did you pay for apples high ram prices? You could have gone to newegg... and bought a gig for 164 dollars... so you would have had the 512 free... so for 164 dollars you could have 1.5gb ram... 4 slots used, 4 left. You could have saved 100 bucks

Quote:

Quote:

post #17 of 336
I should mention that I bought my G5 through ADC..

The difference was slight ($15 more than newegg or owc). A premium I'll pay to have guaranteed working RAM. Why the chances are minimal of anything going wrong if I put my own RAM in, I'd rather not mess with it...especially over $15.
post #18 of 336
I also bought mine through ADC...

I still only got 512mb of ram... main reason is because I don't have any clue what kind of ram apple uses... I didn't want to pay that much money for ram with a CAS of 3-3-3 or something that I could do better with Crucial ram. Crucial and Viking is cheap enough that I'll take the 512 and pay the same for another 1 gig to get 1.5gigs; same price as 1 gig I get 1.5gigs.... and ram I know is top of the line.

I've been building systems for a few years and haven't ever had a problem with Crucial memory. I have also always added my own ram to my mac and never once had a problem. I did have a friend who put a pc133 in a pc66 slot and fried the slot. But thats his fault . Its hard to go wrong with DDR PC3200 Non-ECC ram

Plus side to you is you'll have 6 slots and I'll have 4 left.
But when I'm ready to throw out the 'free' 2x512 apple gave me... i'll just throw it in a PC.

Quote:

Quote:

post #19 of 336
BTW fugi... Hope you get yours before july 30th... I actually got mine a week after they were introduced and I have a funny feeling apple is going to go........ 2nd week of august since we had such a high demand. Like they did last year with the dual 2ghz g5. I hope not though. I'm really anxious.

One thing you and I have over others is the fact that we're devs. So hopefully that gives us priority over others... Also we'll be treated better if anything goes wrong.

Quote:

Quote:

post #20 of 336
Ya...when our watercooling busts open and squirts all over, we'll have an easy time getting it replaced.

As for Apple delaying...ya, I have a feeling that will happen. I hope not, of course, but ordering a new G5 this late in the game...and getting a ship date just like everyone else's..

I have a feeling their waiting on the manufacturing of some component. It's probably supposed to be there the 28th or 29th or something. If that component gets delayed....eek.
post #21 of 336
The way I look at it,

If people don't start receiving their g5's by next week... then its going to be delayed... why next week?

They aren't going to ship them all at once I wouldn't think. If they have 500 in stock... why not ship them. These are one of the few that are manufactured in the US. Perhaps the water cooling system isn't? doubt it isn't.

Quote:

Quote:

post #22 of 336
Hmmmmm... placed my order with CDW the evening of announcement, at the time shipping was "4-6 days". They're still "processing" my order.

I wouldn't be surprised if the delay was due to the car parts being added either... it looks like there are three radiators in there -- not as common for a mfr to build a few hundred thousand little radiators as it is to build a few hundred thousand plastic cases or disk drives. I'd guess there are teething pains.
now, where was I?
now, where was I?
post #23 of 336
I wonder if they will announce something after wed q3 conference?
post #24 of 336
I think it's a good sign that 10.3.5 was seeded. Maybe that's what the holdup is, to make sure the OS rev is solid before they ship the machines, as they're rumored to be shipping with 10.3.5.

I check a couple of times a day and still see 7/30. I hope it's true. I fear it's not.
post #25 of 336
Macrumors says they are shipping, can anyone confirm this?
post #26 of 336
Quote:
Originally posted by Addison
Macrumors says they are shipping, can anyone confirm this?

nothing yet--here's hoping for tomorrow
post #27 of 336
I'd love to hear if all were delayed, and now all are shipping, or just the radmacs. Call me selfish, but I'm in a hurry to see some of my older games (Warcraft III, Myth II, Q3 - urban terror) run on some serious G5 horsepower.

Shhhhh! I can't type anymore... I think I hear my Cube coming!
post #28 of 336
I ordered my 2.5 on July 13th. Shipping is supposed to be by July 27th. I *did* ask them if they had started shipping the 2.5's and was told yes.

Dual 2.5
4 GB RAM
2 x 250 SATA drives
NVidia 6800 Vid card.
Airport Extreme card
Bluetooth card.

I can't wait! 8)
post #29 of 336
If you have a Nvidia 6800 in there, it's not going to ship until late august...unless things have changed..?
post #30 of 336
sounds fishy, i have not heard of anyone getting a 2.5 yet. I wonder where this liquid beast is being made? anyone know? still waiting for mine maybe 1st week in august?
post #31 of 336
Quote:
Originally posted by fugimax
If you have a Nvidia 6800 in there, it's not going to ship until late august...unless things have changed..?

I had originally ordered a Dual 2Ghz model as I know they are shipping as a friend got one immediately, but I called them and specifically asked about shipping dates. To my surprise this was changed from 4-6 weeks as I had seen originally to "on or before July 27th".

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but if it's the end of August so be it.

post #32 of 336
My G5 2.5 w/ 6800 is scheduled to ship on or before July 30th !!!!
post #33 of 336
KCOM,

We have gone through this already. I was forced to change my order from the 6800ultra to the 9800xt. When I got my email and even posted my order it said July 30th. Well I went to the apple store and added a 6800ultra by itself to my cart and went to buy it. It said "Late August" as shipping date. So I was like WTF. I called ADC (since that is who I bought my g5 from). And asked them when it was supposed to ship, they told me around august 26th or later. So I had to change it back to 9800xt so it would ship sooner! They haven't fixed the part of adding a 6800ultra to the g5s shipping time. I guarantee you your mac won't get to you before august 26th. ADC members have priority over normal apple purchases.

Quote:

Quote:

post #34 of 336
I'm a developer too, so I ordered mine through the ADC hardware purchase program. It was a representative at the Developer Store woh told me all this.

We'll see what happens. Either way it'll be a kickass machine when it does arrive
post #35 of 336
Quote:
Originally posted by fugimax

I don't think this is quite right. I spoke to my local Apple store and was told the following. The 6800 was released 4 weeks after the 2.5 G5 and Apple have taken so many orders that if you want a 6800 you will join the queue which is now around the middle of August.

I orded my machine the day after the annopuncement and changed the specification to the 6800 when it was announced and I am told that I have not lost my place in the queue and so I expect my order around 30th July.

We'll see what happens.
post #36 of 336
Are there any NON ADC members who have recieved macchines yet?
post #37 of 336
I didn't buy my 1.8 duallie via the ADC, and I don't have my machine yet. I ordered my on June 16, so I'm hoping I'm near the top of the queue now!

I checked in with my retailer yesterday, who said they just received their first CTO (customized to order, I think) the day prior. So, given that, I'm thinking that units are beginning to slowly but surely flow. I didn't think to ask if it was a 2.5 duallie - sorry guys.
post #38 of 336
My order is ADC as well.
post #39 of 336
I ordered CTO 2.5 with everything stock except the 6800 on 7/12. My "on or before date" is still 7//30. I called today to confirm and was told that date was accurate, however when I asked about the availability of the 6800 and its effect on the shipping date, the guy responded "well it says here 7/30 so...."
so he really has no clue.
I have a large maya project that needs to be done early/mid august that could really benefit from the use of a second G5 before I take it home. I have a rev A 2.0 as my work machine, this 2.5 will be for side projects at home
überlurker since oct '99
_my backpacks got jets_
überlurker since oct '99
_my backpacks got jets_
post #40 of 336
got ahold of CDW, they will receive their first shipment of dual 2.5s on 8/6 and will turn them around the same day... my gen4 iPod will ship 8/3, so for me anyway, Christmas comes in August!
now, where was I?
now, where was I?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › G5-2.5 shipping dates.