or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › G5-2.5 shipping dates.

G5-2.5 shipping dates. - Page 7

post #241 of 336
The 1.8's are affected as of now. From what I've been hearing the 1.8's are going to the iMacs for a while.

The dual 2.0s aren't doing to bad right now. Ironically I ordered from ADC and was told 10 days.... I got it in 1 day. Perhaps cause of being pissed for not being able to getmy 2.5... but either way... it is a 90nm proc too.

Quote:
The reason why they are analysts is because they failed at running businesses.

Quote:

post #242 of 336
Quote:
Originally posted by emig647
The 1.8's are affected as of now. From what I've been hearing the 1.8's are going to the iMacs for a while.

The dual 2.0s aren't doing to bad right now. Ironically I ordered from ADC and was told 10 days.... I got it in 1 day. Perhaps cause of being pissed for not being able to getmy 2.5... but either way... it is a 90nm proc too.

I don't think the 2.0 are 90 nm, afaik, they are the 970, not the 970 fx. The fx has the production problem. The 2.5 being a 90 nm was my argument to order that one, not the 2.0.
Can anyone shed some light on this?
post #243 of 336
Quote:
Originally posted by gerwin
I don't think the 2.0 are 90 nm, afaik, they are the 970, not the 970 fx. The fx has the production problem. The 2.5 being a 90 nm was my argument to order that one, not the 2.0.

Apparently all Power Macs now shipping are 90nm. The CPU ID in the current 1.8 and 2.0 models is identical to the 2.5s, but different from the previous generation AND the very earliest rev-B 2.0s. My guess is that Apple used up the stock of 1.8 and 2.0GHz 130nm parts early in the producion run, and all are now 90nm.
post #244 of 336
Quote:
Originally posted by gerwin
Can anyone shed some light on this?

YOu can verify your chip a few different ways:

in the terminal.... ioreg -l | grep "cpu-version"

0300x0300 is 90nm 970fx
0220x0220 is 130nm 970

I just did those #'s from memory, but its something like that. I'm on my pc now so I can't verify them specifically.

Also if you run dnetc it tells you which processors you have. And yes mine says 970fx 2.0. My friend bought one of the first dual 1.8's and it is a 970... can someone who has just bought one verify they are 90nm now? (use the ioreg command).

Anyways, yes I have 90nm.

Quote:

Quote:

post #245 of 336
BTW... the XServe g5 is also 90nm 2.0ghz... that was the problem with their shipping times.

Quote:

Quote:

post #246 of 336
Hey,

Congrats to everyone and their new g5's!
i was just wondering if anyone with this 9/7 release recieved a notice of shipment

i ordered mine july 1st and "supposedly" am supposed to have it shipped today, no notification yet.
post #247 of 336
My original ship date was July 28th. That was changed on July 27th to Sept 9th. I just checked again (as Sept 9th is around the corner) and my new ship date is now October 8th.

I'd say there are some significant supply issues, and possibly even technical ones with the new 2.5s. As I mentioned the other day, the Chicago downtown store had no 2.5s on display (although they swore they were "in the building")

Interesting....
post #248 of 336
Every day I'm more and more happy I didn't get a 2.5 and a 2.0 instead. That would have been a long wait since I've been waiting since december.

Quote:

Quote:

post #249 of 336
My 7/1 order with its last ship date of 9/7 has shipped!
post #250 of 336
I sure do hope none of these dual 2.5's are bad... otherwise you'll be waiting a lot longer!

(congrats on the shipping btw)

Quote:

Quote:

post #251 of 336
Quote:
Originally posted by emig647
I sure do hope none of these dual 2.5's are bad... otherwise you'll be waiting a lot longer!

(congrats on the shipping btw)

From what I heard today, they are anything BUT bad. A friend of mine recently got his and apparently it's amazing. He used to have a dual 2Ghz but sold it as soon as he got the 2.5. He works with video and said that the difference in processing performance is stunning. He's ordered several more for his company based on his first one, so I'd say that's a ringing endorsement.
post #252 of 336
My 2.0 order from 8/12, shipped today from CA, meaning I'll have it tomorrow. They said it was going to ship from China, so it was a good surprise.
"It's not like Windows users don't have any power; I think they are happy with Windows, and that's an incredibly depressing thought." -Steve Jobs
"It's not like Windows users don't have any power; I think they are happy with Windows, and that's an incredibly depressing thought." -Steve Jobs
post #253 of 336
Quote:
Originally posted by auslander
From what I heard today, they are anything BUT bad. A friend of mine recently got his and apparently it's amazing. He used to have a dual 2Ghz but sold it as soon as he got the 2.5. He works with video and said that the difference in processing performance is stunning. He's ordered several more for his company based on his first one, so I'd say that's a ringing endorsement.

Think so eh? Why don't you go take a look at all the 2.5's that have bad procs and mobos on the apple discussion boards. People's estimated time of getting their machine back from repairs is about 4-8 weeks

Quote:

Quote:

post #254 of 336
Any info on apples stock of 2.5s improving soon.

This can't continue can it? Theres no way I'm ordering one 'til these things are immediately available.

6800ultra's appearing yet?

guess I'll check back in november or something... thanks apple, way to go.
post #255 of 336
Quote:
Originally posted by dirk gently
Any info on apples stock of 2.5s improving soon.

This can't continue can it? Theres no way I'm ordering one 'til these things are immediately available.

guess I'll check back in november or something... thanks apple, way to go.

I got a telephone call from the ADC yesterday, with a confirmed shipping date of "on or before Oct 8th" and a big apology. I was quite shocked. and indeed very pleased, to get that. Very courteous and polite. They also said that there would be no more slips in the schedule. Here's hoping.
post #256 of 336
That's good news since I'm ready to order, but, like dirk, I want it shipped as soon as they charge my credit card.
post #257 of 336
Quote:
Originally posted by Cake
That's good news since I'm ready to order, but, like dirk, I want it shipped as soon as they charge my credit card.

True. mine hasn't been charged yet though..
post #258 of 336
Quote:
Originally posted by dirk gently

You're waiting or you're waiting. It doesn't matter. You'll get it sooner if you get in line now. Apple doesn't charge your CC until they ship it. They may do authorizations when it gets close to shipping, but they don't actually charge it.

No one has received 6800s.
post #259 of 336
I ordered mine 8/23 witha ship date of 9/28.
Two Weeks from today!
No emails about a dely.
Looks Good.
I'll post again on the 28th with a shipping update.
post #260 of 336
I split my order of G5 + 6800 to get my G5 quicker. I received my machine on 9/2 with the ATI 9600XT card and I was originally told I'd get the 6800 shipped by 9/17. Unfortunately now I have a shipdate of 10/15 for the 6800 :/
post #261 of 336
Quote:
Originally posted by len
I split my order of G5 + 6800 to get my G5 quicker. I received my machine on 9/2 with the ATI 9600XT card and I was originally told I'd get the 6800 shipped by 9/17. Unfortunately now I have a shipdate of 10/15 for the 6800 :/

Same.
post #262 of 336
I am still waiting for the G5 dual 2.5 with a ship date of on or before 10/7 and the nVidea 6800 on or before 10/25/04 kind of a drag to wait 3 to 4 months for a box that will no longer be state of the art by the time I get it
post #263 of 336
Quote:
Originally posted by doeboy
I am still waiting for the G5 dual 2.5 with a ship date of on or before 10/7 and the nVidea 6800 on or before 10/25/04 kind of a drag to wait 3 to 4 months for a box that will no longer be state of the art by the time I get it

When did you order it?

Quote:

Quote:

post #264 of 336
July 3rd I guess it is only 3 months but still.
post #265 of 336
Quote:
Originally posted by doeboy
July 3rd I guess it is only 3 months but still.

LOL I ordered like a week before you so that means I might still be waiting too!!

Did you order directly from apple? I ordered through ADC... I ended up getting a dual 2.0 instead of a 2.5 and LOVE MY 2.0!! I'm actually happier I got the 2.0 then the 2.5 for a few reasons... mainly the water cooling (don't trust it yet) and I was able to afford the free printer and iPod... it all worked out fine... I also upgraded my graphics card to the 9600xt so I'm happy. (I got it 4 days after I changed my order from 2.5... came straight from china)

Quote:

Quote:

post #266 of 336
I ordered in early August. Dual 2.5's, 30" Display. The delivery dates have changes a few ties but the dual 2.5's now have a ship date of 9/22 and the 30" display 10/8. I expect those dates to change again.\
Mac Pro Dual 3GHz Intel Core Duo and 30" Display, 15" Mac Book Pro, iPhone 4, iPad 64 3G 64
Mac Pro Dual 3GHz Intel Core Duo and 30" Display, 15" Mac Book Pro, iPhone 4, iPad 64 3G 64
post #267 of 336
No sooner said then done....

Dear Apple Customer,

Thank you for ordering the Power Mac G5 with the NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL Graphics card. We look forward to making this exciting new technology available to you.

Unfortunately, we are experiencing unexpected delays and cannot meet the ship date we previously estimated for you. We now expect to ship your Power Mac G5 with the NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL Graphics Card on or before October 22nd. If your order includes an Apple 30" Cinema HD Display, it will also ship on or before October 22nd. Your satisfaction remains important to us and we do appreciate your patience. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this delay has caused you.

Please rest assured that we fulfill all orders in the order they are received.

If you prefer, you may change or cancel your order anytime before it is shipped by calling 1-800-676-2775, or you may reply via email to customerconfirm@apple.com.

To check the status of your order, visit <http://www.apple.com/orderstatus>. When your Power Mac ships, you will receive a Shipment Notification via email explaining how you may track the package.

Sincerely,
The Apple Store Team

Answers to many Apple Store customer-service questions can be found here: http://www.apple.com/support/store

It's painfully obvious why APPLE only has a 2% marketshare. As a first time APPLE customer I'm not impressed.
post #268 of 336
Yah... I wrote a thread on this.... 10 products they've pushed dates back on in the last year.

Quote:

Quote:

post #269 of 336
Is anyone getting the dual 2.5's?
post #270 of 336
I've had my Dual 2.5 PowerMac for two weeks now...

I ended up splitting the order a custom config 2.5 and the 6800 shipping seperatly. I still haven't received the 6800 should ship on the 10/15/04, but like everything else in my order this date has already been bumped a few times because apple can't meet their deadlines.

Oh well... everything on the computer is cruzin at 2.5 and is running my 23" just fine. But I'm looking forward to that 6800!
post #271 of 336
Quote:
Originally posted by KCOM2006
I've had my Dual 2.5 PowerMac for two weeks now...

I ended up splitting the order a custom config 2.5 and the 6800 shipping seperatly. I still haven't received the 6800 should ship on the 10/15/04, but like everything else in my order this date has already been bumped a few times because apple can't meet their deadlines.

Oh well... everything on the computer is cruzin at 2.5 and is running my 23" just fine. But I'm looking forward to that 6800!

KCOM: So how is the 2.5? Is it nice and zippy? My order got pushed to "on or before 10/08" with the 6800 card (and a guarantee by phone that there will be NO more delays in shipment - they called me!)

Anyhow, I was just wondering how you're finding the 2.5's performance overall.
post #272 of 336
Quote:
Originally posted by auslander
KCOM: So how is the 2.5? Is it nice and zippy? My order got pushed to "on or before 10/08" with the 6800 card (and a guarantee by phone that there will be NO more delays in shipment - they called me!)

Anyhow, I was just wondering how you're finding the 2.5's performance overall.

When did you order? My 6800 says on or before 10/15.
post #273 of 336
I verified the 9/30 or before shipping date on my 30" and 6800 yesterday and it is still valid. All the dates, even the most recent changes poeted here, seem to indicate these will be shipping.
DOUGLASArt.com
DOUGLASArt.com
post #274 of 336
Quote:
Originally posted by 1douglask
I verified the 9/30 or before shipping date on my 30" and 6800 yesterday and it is still valid. All the dates, even the most recent changes poeted here, seem to indicate these will be shipping.

Don't hold your breath. My last 4 ship dates changed only 1 or 2 days before the posted date. I called and confirmed the last one (9/22) and was told it would not slip.
post #275 of 336
They must love those statements...

"no your date won't slip this time... we promise".

I don't like apple reps... they know they lie to you.

Quote:

Quote:

post #276 of 336
Quote:
Originally posted by iHarry
Don't hold your breath. My last 4 ship dates changed only 1 or 2 days before the posted date. I called and confirmed the last one (9/22) and was told it would not slip.

Your order still October as posted above?
DOUGLASArt.com
DOUGLASArt.com
post #277 of 336
Quote:
Originally posted by 1douglask
Your order still October as posted above?

Yes, my hope is that the 10/22 date was deliberately pushed out that far to keep me from getting mad when it changes again. I'm hoping it will come before then.
post #278 of 336
I have a 9/30 ship date on my 30" and 6800. This date was just set by Apple about a week ago and it was still the date as of yesterday. Prior to 9/15 or so my reseller had NO date. My order was placed before Harry's. So, has Apple and NVIDIA solved the problem and are going to start shipping? Did they move Harry's date based on production now that the problem is solved?

Apple going from no date to one a couple of weeks out seems to me to indicate they are in fact are going to start shipping but, but there are many, many people with orders in before mine and I have heard of no one actually receiving theirs.

I also believe Apple has the 30" displays. I believe once the problem is solved with the 6800 they can spit them out in big numbers. Based on that Apple can begin shipping the separate orders for the 30" and 6800's pretty darn fast. The G5's with the 6800's installed will be dependent on G5 production.

My BTO G5 2.5 (without the 6800) is scheduled for 10/13 or before. That, I think, could be because Apple is going to devote 100% of production for a bit to G5's with the 6800's if in fact the 6800 problem is fixed.

Viable? I think maybe. This next week or so is going to be most interesting.
DOUGLASArt.com
DOUGLASArt.com
post #279 of 336
Quote:
Originally posted by discstickers
When did you order? My 6800 says on or before 10/15.

Sorry for the delay in replying. My original order (of which I have already received 5 pieces) was placed on July 10th '04.
post #280 of 336
I ordered my G5/160 from Amazon last Friday and it arrives tomorrow! They or their supplier must have some in stock though their web page quotes 1 to 2 weeks for delivery not 1 to 2 business days for most in stock items.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › G5-2.5 shipping dates.