post #81 of 81
Quote:
Originally posted by Anders
My biggest gribes with what you say is that it more often than not is a cover for those who have the power to keep it that way. what you describes is known as feudalism here in europe

Now it become very simplistic: Say a young man in a tribe want to break with it and live in another part of the country, go to another country to live etc. What is more important then. The unity of the tribe or the wish of the man? If we say the first then we value structure higher than individuals and I canĀ“t do that as a liberal.

That is your European eyes seeing European forms whereas I gave one example and did not mean European.

A culture expresses itself as the form of its social body: in other words, people get the government they deserve.

Of course, I am taking Devil's Advocate here . . . I like Democracy . . .
but in devil's advocate land, there are other means of social self organization that are the culmination of the people's will: tribal people (example: nomadic tribes) 'elect' leadership through traditional means, if they did not do so (so they believe) the tribe would not be able to make it through another migration: it is the expression of the collective that takes the form -who are we to say to them: "this form would work better for you" . . . it could be imposed upon them, but then it might also end up in the total devastation of the tribe . . . after all, they are expressed as their social form, and if that changes, they too change completely . . . and perhaps, in the future, humanity will collectively be very very different than we are today, and will have an as of yet, unimagined social body and correlate governmental form.
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...