or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Video To My Mac.....Is It Possible??

Video To My Mac.....Is It Possible??

post #1 of 6
Hey everyone,

I'm hoping this can be done somehow because I can't buy the material I have, on DVD.

I want to run video from my VCR into my Mac G5 so I can load it into iMovie, encode it and burn it to DVD. Is this possible and what would I need to do it.

If I require any hardware or software, which I assume I will, can you list the approximate pricing, and where I could find this stuff?

Thanks a lot.
ArtisticEvolution.com
Step Through My Doorway, Into Another World!
ArtisticEvolution.com
post #2 of 6
If you have a digital camcorder then you can just hook up your VCR to that and import into iMovie while playiing on your VCR....Make sense??! Good!8)
post #3 of 6
What if you don't have a firewire camera (and no PCI slots)? Firewire digitisers seem to be rather expensive.
Stoo
Stoo
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally posted by Stoo
What if you don't have a firewire camera (and no PCI slots)? Firewire digitisers seem to be rather expensive.

trick: get a tv tuner that can encode to mpeg or mpeg 2, thereare a ton availible for windows and there are a few that run on mac.

or if you have a fast peecee, get hte cheapest video capture card from ati/nvides then transfer the mpg files to the mac and burn.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
post #5 of 6
An EyeTV would do the trick [http://www.elgato.com/]. Since it's just VHS, even the USB version would be fine.
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school." -- Albert Einstein
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school." -- Albert Einstein
post #6 of 6
Thanks for the comments folks. I'm looking into a couple of your ideas. I don't have a camcorder at the moment. Take care everyone.
ArtisticEvolution.com
ArtisticEvolution.com
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Video To My Mac.....Is It Possible??