or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Screen capture in Safari

Screen capture in Safari

post #1 of 9
I am doing a userguide for a web based data base and need to do screen shots of the various steps a person goes through in creating a case. I then need to put them into Power pooint slides. I know how to do this on a PC but in the year I have been using Macs this has never come up. Can someone point me in the right direction?
post #2 of 9
Press command-shift-4, then select the area of the screen you want. Or command-shift-3 captures the whole screen. The files go to your desktop, and you can use the Preview app to convert them from PDF to a sane format like PNG.
post #3 of 9
pressing command + shift + 4 lets you select the area you want (as wmf pointed out), pressing space afterwards lets you capture single windows on your screen. just try it
Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion
post #4 of 9
What about a long web page? I was just trying to do this today.

_thedustin
post #5 of 9
hrm, you could just 'print' the page (command + p) and choose save as pdf. but i guess you want one large file and this would give you serveral pdf pages.
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally posted by r3dx0r
hrm, you could just 'print' the page (command + p) and choose save as pdf. but i guess you want one large file and this would give you serveral pdf pages.

I've done that, but yea, I would like one long one just like the page itself. No big deal though. Was it possible in OS9 or am I making things up? Oh well.

_thedustin
post #7 of 9
In your hard drive/Applications/Utilities folder there is a program called Grab... Maybe it has what you are looking for. Grab will save as .tiff but Graffic converter will bring it back to .jpg for you. Otherwise the Print option/save as .pdf will do it as you already know. Perhaps if you do that then use Grab to screencap the pdf, it will get the photo format and file size you need.
post #8 of 9

Okay, so I have a laptop and no clue where the command key is, all I see on my keyborad is everything but a command key. I have a Asus

post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor Breezy View Post

I have a Asus

Then you're not going to be doing the same thing as us Mac users are.

To get a screenshot in Windows, hit "Print Screen" (probably "Prnt Scrn" or something on your keyboard). Then open Paint and paste. Save.

Yeah, it's not at all as easy as on a Mac.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Screen capture in Safari