or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Why Have I Been Banned From Posting?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why Have I Been Banned From Posting?  

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
I have the account, "PookJP." I haven't posted here in a while, but I just tried and was prohibited. If I did something wrong, would it have killed you to at least send me a message and discussed it? This seems like a crappy way of treating someone who has been loyal to this site for the past 4 years.

Please reactivate my account, or if you are unwilling, explain why.

Thanks.

PookJP
post #2 of 14
A small research give me this link :

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...671#post555671

and this one : http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...387#post555387

So it's obvious that Jambo Pmed you, and you did not took it into account. You know perfectly why you where banned.
post #3 of 14
Are you promising to be a good boy?
post #4 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Are you promising to be a good boy?

Oh my God, I completely forgot about this entire thing. How funny.

Anyway, yeah, get off your power trip and give me my account back. I hereby swear on a stack of Dual 2.5 GHz G5 manuals to follow the Terms of Service to a T, and even make you tea every morning.

So yes, daddy, I'll be a good boy.

Please confirm that it's been reinstated.
post #5 of 14
I say why bother.

Reinstate it when he's lost the attitude.
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by Cake
I say why bother.

Reinstate it when he's lost the attitude.

Nothing like begging for reinstatement by being condescending to the mods......

post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 
You people are absolutely unbelievable. First of all, you're trying to dangle the carrot of giving my original username back as if I can't post here without it. I can -- see what I'm doing right now? Posting. Ban this account. I'll make another one. Dynamic IP, baby.

More to the issue, what am I really doing that's so offensive? I'll be the first to admit I'm annoyed that my account was relatively arbitrarily (I say "relatively" because I was definitely being a cock on that one particular day) cancelled, but in general, what's the big deal? Were your feathers so ruffled by my posting a thread with a title in that ridiculous kind of online speak that it had to be closed? Did I truly commit a cardinal sin by openly discussing my PM warning? I mouth off for one day, and you people assume this paternalistic position of pure condescending dribble, implying that I'm not longer worthy to partake in conversation with you about Apple computers. Seriously, get off your collective high horse, and if you're going to pull out my past post to make a point about my e-character, why don't you look to all the other ones? How many other times have I spammed, heckled, or otherwise disrupted the conversation?

Stop taking yourselves so seriously, give me my account back, and let's all get back to talking about the topic we all mutually care about: Apple's products. I love Macs! I like talking about them! 99% of the time I'm a decent guy! Please forgive me for my human flaws that manage to find their way online (I'm still human when I'm on a computer). Please allow me back into the exclusive society that is the Apple Insider Forum.


Anyone ever seen the Simpsons episode where Bart and Milhouse take over Comic Book Guy's Store? "Banned for life!" Yeah, it's always funny to see stereotypes in action.
post #8 of 14
You're not doing too great a job of convincing me to reinstate your membership.

I was all ready to let you back in but you're being a bit of an ass. You're obviously not the only one around here who loves talking about Apple products but most people manage to do that without being a "cock".

I need more time to decide...

Jambo

PS Don't think because you have a dynamic IP that we couldn't and wouldn't ban you.
post #9 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
You're not doing too great a job of convincing me to reinstate your membership.

I was all ready to let you back in but you're being a bit of an ass. You're obviously not the only one around here who loves talking about Apple products but most people manage to do that without being a "cock".

I need more time to decide...

Jambo

PS Don't think because you have a dynamic IP that we couldn't and wouldn't ban you.

This is exactly the kind of crap I'm talking about. So you're "ready to let me back" (I love how obsessed with your cyber authority you are), but I'm being a "bit of an ass" so now you're having second thoughts. So if I was being a bit less of an ass, let's say, only a 17% ass, then I would be let back, but I'm currently being a 27% ass, and that's way too much. I'll go to ass rehab and get my level down to the clearly acceptable 10%, and then I just know you'll let me back.

Secondly, my issue with my banning is just how gloriously arbitrary it was. What exactly did you ban me for? Spamming? No. Advertising? No. Threatening? No. Trolling? No. You didn't like that I posted your PM? Well, Jambo, I'm sorry. I really am. I could not feel worse for posting your PM that contained such sensitive information such as you warning me to behave in the manner you would like. I promise to never, ever, ever even think of posting a PM again, and if I do, I'll send myself into exile. On second thought, I'll post it, but I'll only do it because I can see how much you enjoy flexing your mod-muscle, so it'll be my gift to you.

Jokes aside, why don't we do this (I'm sure you're at least partially reasonable): you reinstate my account, and if I do anything you don't like, ban me again! It's not like it costs you money, or takes more than 20 seconds. Truthfully, this whole thing has been rather annoying, so it's unlikely I'll post anything even vaguely controversial for a while. I'd really just like to go back to talking about the computers I love (I'll keep the "cock" behavior to a minimum), and get past all this laughable posturing. Sound good?
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by PookJP_The Return
This is exactly the kind of crap I'm talking about. So you're "ready to let me back" (I love how obsessed with your cyber authority you are), but I'm being a "bit of an ass" so now you're having second thoughts. So if I was being a bit less of an ass, let's say, only a 17% ass, then I would be let back, but I'm currently being a 27% ass, and that's way too much. I'll go to ass rehab and get my level down to the clearly acceptable 10%, and then I just know you'll let me back.

Secondly, my issue with my banning is just how gloriously arbitrary it was. What exactly did you ban me for? Spamming? No. Advertising? No. Threatening? No. Trolling? No. You didn't like that I posted your PM? Well, Jambo, I'm sorry. I really am. I could not feel worse for posting your PM that contained such sensitive information such as you warning me to behave in the manner you would like. I promise to never, ever, ever even think of posting a PM again, and if I do, I'll send myself into exile. On second thought, I'll post it, but I'll only do it because I can see how much you enjoy flexing your mod-muscle, so it'll be my gift to you.

Jokes aside, why don't we do this (I'm sure you're at least partially reasonable): you reinstate my account, and if I do anything you don't like, ban me again! It's not like it costs you money, or takes more than 20 seconds. Truthfully, this whole thing has been rather annoying, so it's unlikely I'll post anything even vaguely controversial for a while. I'd really just like to go back to talking about the computers I love (I'll keep the "cock" behavior to a minimum), and get past all this laughable posturing. Sound good?

Is this the way, you communicate in real life ?
post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by Powerdoc
Is this the way, you communicate in real life ?

Do you always, write with arbitrarily placed commas? What are you indicating a breathing space or something as a means of indicating how you communicate in real life?

If you really want to know, then I suppose I need clarification on your question. Are you asking if I'm willing to get annoyed with people when I perceive their actions as bothersome? Are you asking if I talk this much? If I'm this eloquent? If I'm this prone to flippancy in a ridiculous situation?

Actually, whatever it is you're asking, the answer is yes. Now what are you going to do with that information? "Maybe, you should, go get yourself, a girlfriend," or some similar ridiculous assumption/impotent insult will probably follow. I always love when people on message board try to leverage their real lives as a means of making their cyber persona more relevant, or similarly try to cut someone's cyber persona down by erroneously insulting their real life. What a joke.

Can I PLEASE get back to discussing iPods now? This is incredibly tiresome (read: act decently to me, and I'll act decently back). What I love is that I'm being accused of being a jerk, and was banned on those pretenses, where a quick stroll through these forums found dozens of people behaving far more crassly than I have. Yet somehow, I've managed to be exiled. So much for a reasonable leadership.
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by PookJP_The Return
Can I PLEASE get back to discussing iPods now?

Well, why don't you (please) ?

There's a few threads on them knocking about and I'll take a wild stab in the dark and guess this one won't last much longer.

Maybe quit while you're still ahead of the game ?
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #13 of 14
You warned him before you banned him?! AI mods are such a bunch of softies.

Thankfully.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by PookJP_The Return
So if I was being a bit less of an ass, let's say, only a 17% ass, then I would be let back, but I'm currently being a 27% ass, and that's way too much.

At the moment it's around 98% ass but since I'm such a nice guy (I'm sure you would agree) I will give you the benefit of the doubt and arrange for your original account to be reinstated.

This whole thing could have been avoided if you'd just replied to my original PM with any issues you had rather than feeling the need to post it in a public forum.

See you around.

Jambo
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Why Have I Been Banned From Posting?