or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › A Vote for Kerry is a Vote for BinLaden

A Vote for Kerry is a Vote for BinLaden

post #1 of 6
"Last week, Republican officials in Kentucky applauded bumper stickers distributed at G.O.P. offices that read, "Kerry is bin Laden's man/Bush is mine." Administration officials haven't gone that far, but when Tom Ridge offered a specifics-free warning about a terrorist attack timed to "disrupt our democratic process," many people thought he was implying that Al Qaeda wants George Bush to lose. In reality, all infidels probably look alike to the terrorists, but if they do have a preference, nothing in Mr. Bush's record would make them unhappy at the prospect of four more years."

Basically Krugman's arguing the same thing I've been repeating on these boards...a vote for John Kerry is a vote for Osama binLaden. Every time I repeat this motto in front of my Republican friends, they bristle with anger that I would suggest such a thing. But the reality is "Republican officials applauded" efforts to associate a John Kerry win with terrorist appeasement. A disgusting reality. And they say Democrats are engaged in hate politics.

Why have an election? Why bother engaging in debate? It's that black and white with these folks. They'll go as far as to call you a TRAITOR if you vote for anyone but Bush. Amazing.

Above reference from

Krugman
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally posted by Northgate
"Last week, Republican officials in Kentucky applauded bumper stickers distributed at G.O.P. offices that read, "Kerry is bin Laden's man/Bush is mine." Administration officials haven't gone that far, but when Tom Ridge offered a specifics-free warning about a terrorist attack timed to "disrupt our democratic process," many people thought he was implying that Al Qaeda wants George Bush to lose. In reality, all infidels probably look alike to the terrorists, but if they do have a preference, nothing in Mr. Bush's record would make them unhappy at the prospect of four more years."

Basically Krugman's arguing the same thing I've been repeating on these boards...a vote for John Kerry is a vote for Osama binLaden. Every time I repeat this motto in front of my Republican friends, they bristle with anger that I would suggest such a thing. But the reality is "Republican officials applauded" efforts to associate a John Kerry win with terrorist appeasement. A disgusting reality. And they say Democrats are engaged in hate politics.

Why have an election? Why bother engaging in debate? It's that black and white with these folks. They'll go as far as to call you a TRAITOR if you vote for anyone but Bush. Amazing.

Above reference from

Krugman

Some factions are so afraid of losing this election they'll say anything at this point.

They're just making themselves look bad.

It won't help of course.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #3 of 6
It's only a matter of time before one of our favorite conservative posters gets into this thread and starts finger pointing at Democrats. That's fine. There's a lot of latitude in political discourse. But, honestly, this is beyond compare. It smells as bad as the Max Cleland smear campaign. Actually, it smells worse. This is the PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION we're talking about. And Republicans are "applauding" this angle of negative attacks.

To call the Democrat faithful that their votes are considered traitorous, terrorist appeasement at best, is simply outrageous. And this from a party that impeached a president for lying about an affair.

Yep, Democrats are the hate party alright.
post #4 of 6
What a joke of a thread, last time i checked Bush still has not caught Bin Laden, just as he hasnt caught those millions of mexicans coming across our border that he is sworn to defend.
Better Bumper sticker might be Bush friend of the Saudis &Mexicans. his policies are disgusting,on health,enviroment and war. He has no problem with trampling American rights liberty's and freedoms but stop those millions of illegals coming into our country and where is George? where are the Republicans? they control the 3 branches of govt yet still are doing nothing. George has taken the good name of the U.S. and ran it into the ground.

BUSH FRIEND OF THE SAUDIS and the illegal MEXICAN. oh your american then you are shit out of luck.
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
post #5 of 6
Well, at least some Republicans have some common sense. It appears that Anne Northrupis an asset to the common sense faction of the GOP.

Quote:
Kentucky Rep. Anne Northup said she found out about the stickers over the weekend and doesn't want any more distributed. "What campaigns need to center on, debates need to center on and the party needs to focus on are ideas," she said.

Jefferson County GOP chairman Jack Richardson IV said the stickers were so popular that GOP headquarters ran out Friday. He won't distribute more, but is trying to locate their source for those who want them. "I believe in the question this bumper sticker raises," Richardson said.

Bill Garmer, chairman of the Kentucky Democratic Party, said the sticker equates a decorated Vietnam veteran with Osama bin Laden (news - web sites) "one of the greatest enemies of the United States."

"It goes way over the line," he said.

A spokesman for the Kerry campaign previously called on GOP lawmakers to condemn the sticker, saying it was a "hateful and mean-spirited smear campaign."

So there you have it folks. GOP chairman Jack Richardson says, "I believe in the question this bumper sticker raises." It doesn't raise any questions. It flat says if you vote for John Kerry you are a traitor to this country. Period.
post #6 of 6
If you take a look the republicans are in control of the show for the past 4 years, now you would think they would have something to run on. The truth is they dont so its going to be a big Mud slinging party. just watch right wing fox and you will see this mentality from the likes of Shawn Hannity, throw Mud, more Mud and keep throwing it. Lets talk of the good things George has done for our country the past 4 years............................................. ........silence oh well lets just keep throwing Mud and maybe no one will talk issues or we can bring up gays & marriage or make a issue out of the non issue of burning the flag. Republicans have stooped to new lows with this administration. Iam looking very forward removing this administration.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › A Vote for Kerry is a Vote for BinLaden