or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Ter-AA-za Heinz Kerry tells reporter to "shove it"..in PA Capital!

Ter-AA-za Heinz Kerry tells reporter to "shove it"..in PA Capital!

post #1 of 17
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...76/detail.html

Look for the video. It's pretty amazing. She utters the word "Un-American", then denies it when the reporter asks her to clarify what she meant. Then, she goes back over to him later and tells him off, telling him to shove it.

It's clear she felt she was being badgered, but I didn't think the reporter was inappropriate. Take a look and judge for yourself.
Mr. Gorbachev, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL!
Mr. Gorbachev, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL!
post #2 of 17
Interesting, but not really a big deal IMO. I know I've said something countless times that when asked about later I had no recollection of. And while she did say "shove it" it was a much less heated exchange than I was expecting to see.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
post #3 of 17
Who wants to bet that "Ronald Reagan" = SDW?

This is a paper that has been going after Heinz for some time. Here is some history from Heniz's perspective.
post #4 of 17
Well regardless of their efforts to go after here, she clearly did say un-American and clearly then denied saying it.

I don't really see this as an issue, but don't write off the reporter quizzing her about what she did in fact say just because the paper he writes for (or possibly he himself) is biased against her.

Even partisan individuals/groups/outlets/media can present things factually sometimes. And all that guy did was ask her to expand upon what she said, then she denied saying it. Not the reporter's fault as far as I can see.

post #5 of 17
I saw SDW was banned? What is up with that?

I saw the video of Heinz-Kerry. She didn't do anything wrong. She was nicer than I would have been.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally posted by trumptman

I saw the video of Heinz-Kerry. She didn't do anything wrong. She was nicer than I would have been.

Nick

I noticed that also. I don't know why but he was probably getting a little hot under the collar again and replying with more four letter explitives.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally posted by trumptman

I didn't know that. I assume it's temporary.

I thought of him for this thread because 1) it's a Drudge story and he seems to cite Drudge often, 2) it's a PA story and he's from PA, 3) he's made fun of TerEsa's name before and said he didn't like her, and 4) he loves Ronald Reagan.
post #8 of 17
SDW"s ban, like MarcUK's ban are temporary. Unfortunately only the admin can unban, and they are on holidays now.
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally posted by BRussell
I didn't know that. I assume it's temporary.

I thought of him for this thread because 1) it's a Drudge story and he seems to cite Drudge often, 2) it's a PA story and he's from PA, 3) he's made fun of TerEsa's name before and said he didn't like her, and 4) he loves Ronald Reagan.

...along with a complete inability to understand others' perspectives. what gives it away is his "amazing" sentence- a frequent SDW-ism that, again, makes no attempt to understand the other side.
post #10 of 17
She blew it . . . she was extemporizing and said something while standing in front of a bunch of people that she didn't remember . . . she probably assumed that the reporter, who apparently really has it in for her, merely had it in for her . . . the tone of her statement was not at all as rude as it seems in print, but still . . .

I think she should apologize and admit to having said un-american as well as forgetting it . . . then we can all forget it.
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #11 of 17
Republicans like their first ladies to be meek, feeble little women who shut the f*ck up and never utter a word.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally posted by Northgate
Republicans like their first ladies to be meek, feeble little women who shut the f*ck up and never utter a word.

Just republicans?
post #13 of 17
Not all republican first ladies are like that. Nancy surely wasn´t/isn´t. You can agree or disagree with her but she is wholeheartedly and with passion gone into the fight about stem cell research and I cannot do anything but respect that. And everything suggest she had a tight grip around Reagans political balls during his president periode...

...and the astrologists had a tight grip at something on her, making US the country in the world lead by the most spectacular political constellation in the 80s
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally posted by pfflam

I think she should apologize and admit to having said un-american as well as forgetting it . . . then we can all forget it.

Then she'd be a flip-flopper.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnJ
...along with a complete inability to understand others' perspectives. what gives it away is his "amazing" sentence- a frequent SDW-ism that, again, makes no attempt to understand the other side.

You know how to kick a guy when he's down, don't ya? But yea, he does use "amazing" a lot doesn't he.
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally posted by Powerdoc
SDW"s ban, like MarcUK's ban are temporary. Unfortunately only the admin can unban, and they are on holidays now.

That's silly. Banning one of the boards most outspoken Republican voices during the Democratic convention doesn't do a lot for the debate.

Surely some other kind of punishment could have been meted out, or delayed until the convention was over.

(I was looking forward to some good back and forth on the conventions, seeing as they're quite a bit more about show-business that Canadian ones. - we actually pick our leaders at our political conventions. )
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #17 of 17
Why ws he banned?
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Ter-AA-za Heinz Kerry tells reporter to "shove it"..in PA Capital!