or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › DNC General Discussion

DNC General Discussion - Page 7

post #241 of 262
Quote:
Originally posted by Aquatic

Clark's speech yes was good.

Good call. Probably we will see them. They are skanky sluts. Funny. I thought Bush was all about "family values." Oh that's right, he was an alcoholic for a long time, did pot, cocaine, skipped out of the military in Vietnam, messed up a string of companies his dad gave him the keys to, and has "no significant accomplishments" ever. Well, wait. No good ones. I guess that matches up to his party girls who engaged in underage drinking all the time. Probably a chip off the ol' block! Let's get retarded in here! Haha literally.

you think kerry's kids didn't drink underage? what america do you live in?
post #242 of 262
But apparently Bush is STILL USING DRUGS

I wouldn't take this too seriously . . . just one site . . . and I'm not sure if it is too credible
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #243 of 262
Quote:
Originally posted by applenut
you think kerry's kids didn't drink underage? what america do you live in?

what, am i the only kid who grew up in america that didn't drink, do drugs or have intercourse before college?

sh!t, i wasted all that time on good grades to establish a secure career path.
When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

post #244 of 262
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
jimmac:

Umm...excuse me but he did vote to reduce funding. That is a fact. Let's not get into a pissing contest about who deals more in fact. That's a contest you will lose.

If you'll look you didn't address any of the questions I asked ( again ). I don't need to get into any kind of contest with you about the truth. Bush has told some whoppers and he'll lose the election probably for that more than anything.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #245 of 262
jimmac,

I went back and tried to find questions. I only found this:

Quote:
How was this the Clinton Gore recession since they were coming out of the longest running bull market in history?

I'm not sure how that question makes sense. The point is it wasn't a bull market even as early as March 2000, when the Nasdaq peaked. By late summer, the Nasdaq had lost big ground and the economy was beginning to slow. By December, we had Apple as the first of many companies to issue major warnings. The point is that the recession started immediately when Bush took office, if not technically before. His policies had nothing to do with the economy of early 2001. Economic policy take years to become effective. This is wy we are only now seeing the results of the Bush tax cuts. Here is one of those results:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...afp/us_economy

So there's my answer. If there are others I missed. let me know.

Oh, and you still haven' anaswered my question: What did Clinton/Gore do to HELP the economy?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #246 of 262
Quote:
jimmac,

I went back and tried to find questions. I only found this:

I'm not sure how that question makes sense. The point is it wasn't a bull market even as early as March 2000, when the Nasdaq peaked. By late summer, the Nasdaq had lost big ground and the economy was beginning to slow. By December, we had Apple as the first of many companies to issue major warnings. The point is that the recession started immediately when Bush took office, if not technically before. His policies had nothing to do with the economy of early 2001. Economic policy take years to become effective. This is wy we are only now seeing the results of the Bush tax cuts. Here is one of those results:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...afp/us_economy

So there's my answer. If there are others I missed. let me know.

Oh, and you still haven' anaswered my question: What did Clinton/Gore do to HELP the economy?

By quite simply choosing to pay our bills.

Also :

http://www.wallstreettechreport.com/faqs.php

From that article :

-----------------------------------------------------------
" The third leg of what is generally recognized as our most historic bull market of all time began in 1994 when Congress ratified the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and the General Agreement on Trade and Tariffs (GATT). Falling trade barriers and the elimination of tariffs produced faster economic growth around the globe. The ratification of NAFTA and GATT was the second most important economic event of the 20th Century.

When The White House and Congress refused to regulate the Internet, America raced into The Information Age. An explosion of technology accelerated economic growth and stock prices exploded in 1995, 1997 and 1998. Despite the "Tech Wreck of 2000," the USA isand will continue to bea high technology, computer, software, information, Internet-based telecommunications economy. "

The Clinton team was obviously doing something right and not spending our money on useless things like made up wars.

While it's true that the economy is cyclic in nature one can enhance it's cycle if ( as president ) one makes the right choices.
post #247 of 262
All four days worth of the major convention speeches are now available for free at the iTunes Music Store!
post #248 of 262
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmac
By quite simply choosing to pay our bills.

Also :

http://www.wallstreettechreport.com/faqs.php

From that article :

" The third leg of what is generally recognized as our most historic bull market of all time began in 1994 when Congress ratified the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and the General Agreement on Trade and Tariffs (GATT). Falling trade barriers and the elimination of tariffs produced faster economic growth around the globe. The ratification of NAFTA and GATT was the second most important economic event of the 20th Century.

When The White House and Congress refused to regulate the Internet, America raced into The Information Age. An explosion of technology accelerated economic growth and stock prices exploded in 1995, 1997 and 1998. Despite the "Tech Wreck of 2000," the USA isand will continue to bea high technology, computer, software, information, Internet-based telecommunications economy. "

The Clinton team was obviously doing something right and not spending our money on useless things like made up wars.

While it's true that the economy is cyclic in nature one can enhance it's cycle if ( as president ) one makes the right choices.

We've discussed this before. Balancing the budget does not necessarily mean the economy get better. You're answering a different question.
post #249 of 262
Quote:
We've discussed this before. Balancing the budget does not necessarily mean the economy get better. You're answering a different question.

Have you ever went to an Auto parts store and gotten a part, only to find it was wrong. You then return it to get the right one. Do you remember the conversation that ensued if the information on the computer was wrong or incomplete...

Talking with certain people here, reminds me of that conversation a bit.
post #250 of 262
Quote:

Now you're just being obtuse.

You did see this part :

" The third leg of what is generally recognized as our most historic bull market of all time began in 1994...... "

They did more than balance the budget.

You can't argue with success.
post #251 of 262
Quote:
Originally posted by NaplesX
Have you ever went to an Auto parts store and gotten a part, only to find it was wrong. You then return it to get the right one. Do you remember the conversation that ensued if the information on the computer was wrong or incomplete...

Talking with certain people here, reminds me of that conversation a bit.

Yeah, I know what you mean!
post #252 of 262
Quote:
Yeah, I know what you mean!

Yeah but you're the salesman behind the counter.
post #253 of 262
The state of the economy and the state of the deficit may not be the same thing, but they are linked, in that deficits 1) probably increase long-term interest rates and 2) distract gov't revenues from growth-friendly spending (or tax cuts) to interest payments.

But the real issue to me is that the president probably doesn't have all that much influence over the economy or jobs, but he has almost complete control (especially if his party control Congress) over the federal budget and taxes, and therefore also over the deficit.
post #254 of 262
Quote:
Yeah but you're the salesman behind the counter.

Listen I've been in retail before and there where plenty of customers who didn't listen to what the salesman said and just heard what they wanted to hear ( " You said my TV would be in on Tuesday !" when it was thursday ).

Guess which one you are?
post #255 of 262
Quote:
Listen I've been in retail before and there where plenty of customers who didn't listen to what the salesman said and just heard what they wanted to hear ( " You said my TV would be in on Tuesday !" when it was thursday ).

Guess which one you are?

I am the guy who doesn't talk to the boneheaded salesman that can only recite what the computer tells him. I am the guy that talks with the other salesman that knows what he is talking about and is willing to listen

Better yet, i am the guy that shops in another place where they don't hire non-thinkers.
post #256 of 262
Quote:
Originally posted by BRussell
The state of the economy and the state of the deficit may not be the same thing, but they are linked, in that deficits 1) probably increase long-term interest rates and 2) distract gov't revenues from growth-friendly spending (or tax cuts) to interest payments.

But the real issue to me is that the president probably doesn't have all that much influence over the economy or jobs, but he has almost complete control (especially if his party control Congress) over the federal budget and taxes, and therefore also over the deficit.

Good post. Reminds me of the Reagan years, when conservatives blamed mounting & record-breaking deficit on the "liberals in Congress".

The fact that so many Republicans will still support Bush, when he is the biggest deficit President in history, only reinforces the stereotype of the non-thinking, blindly-following partisan. yay, yay, go team go, their team sucks and our team rules (or some other high-school cheerleader taunt)
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #257 of 262
Quote:
Originally posted by FormerLurker
Good post. Reminds me of the Reagan years, when conservatives blamed mounting & record-breaking deficit on the "liberals in Congress".

The fact that so many Republicans will still support Bush, when he is the biggest deficit President in history, only reinforces the stereotype of the non-thinking, blindly-following partisan. yay, yay, go team go, their team sucks and our team rules (or some other high-school cheerleader taunt)

I hope that you all don't forget all of the hits the economy (including the government's economy) took under this admin, long before their policies were even in place.

I will agree that the Iraq war is debatable as to it's worth at the time and may be a legitimate weakness for Bush.

Man are memories short.
post #258 of 262
Quote:
I am the guy who doesn't talk to the boneheaded salesman that can only recite what the computer tells him. I am the guy that talks with the other salesman that knows what he is talking about and is willing to listen

Better yet, i am the guy that shops in another place where they don't hire non-thinkers.

Thinking like beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
post #259 of 262
Quote:
I hope that you all don't forget all of the hits the economy (including the government's economy) took under this admin, long before their policies were even in place.

I will agree that the Iraq war is debatable as to it's worth at the time and may be a legitimate weakness for Bush.

Man are memories short.

Bush's tax cuts over the last three years have cost the treasury 270 billion. The war in Iraq has cost about 126 billion so far. The deficit for '04 is projected at 477 billion.

It's not so much that memories are short, it's that math skills are slight.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #260 of 262
Quote:
Thinking like beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Good one. There is a sense of humor in there. Nice to see that.

It becomes you.
post #261 of 262
Quote:
Good one. There is a sense of humor in there. Nice to see that.

It becomes you.

Uh, huh.
post #262 of 262
And now for another log on the fire!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...ort/index.html

The same thing I've been thinking :

"The president keeps saying we've turned the corner," Kerry said in a written statement. "But unfortunately, today's job numbers further demonstrate that our economy may be taking a U-turn instead. Saying we've turned the corner doesn't make it so. America will not turn the corner to better days until we have a new president who can see our problems and take action to fix them."
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › DNC General Discussion