or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Keep them democrats outta your kitchen!

Keep them democrats outta your kitchen!

post #1 of 21
Sorry if this has already been posted. Just thought it was pretty funny. I ordered a set of 4 bottles to send to my gf's mom who's about as extreme right as you can get.

http://www.wketchup.com

post #2 of 21
At work the other day, one of the customers at my table refused to eat Heinz ketchup because "they are communists." The customer wasn't exactly the most generous tipper, unsurprisingly.
post #3 of 21
How are Heinz communists? :confused: I'd love to hear the reasoning.
Stoo
Stoo
post #4 of 21
Well, Kerry is married to the heir to the Heinz fortune, isn't he?
I'm lacto-enzyme-oxy intolerant!
I use breathatarian-based emollient
Meditation makes me ebullient!
I've never earned a day's emolument.
post #5 of 21
Quote:
Originally posted by staphbaby
Well, Kerry is married to the heir to the Heinz fortune, isn't he?

Teresa Heinz Kerry's previous husband (who was also a senator) was the heir. He died in an airplane crash. She's merely the inheritor.
I can change my sig again!
I can change my sig again!
post #6 of 21
And of course Heinz was a Republican senator. But if you think John Kerry is a communist, then there's no reason why you wouldn't think John Heinz was a communist too.
post #7 of 21
You dont support Democrats
Why should your ketchup?

Sweet baby jesus on a bike, I'm off to get a loyalty pledge from the products in my kitchen. Some of them seem downright foreign, French even.

"Wankers talking about other wankers and wanking." XamaX

I'll never get back the time i just wasted reading that post." Miami Craig
" It's like you've achieved some kind of irrelevance zen, or...

"Wankers talking about other wankers and wanking." XamaX

I'll never get back the time i just wasted reading that post." Miami Craig
" It's like you've achieved some kind of irrelevance zen, or...

post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally posted by Eugene
Teresa Heinz Kerry's previous husband (who was also a senator) was the heir. He died in an airplane crash. She's merely the inheritor.

That still makes her the heir you know

From the Oxford English Dictionary (2 ed.):

Quote:
heir, n.
____1. a. The person who is entitled by law to succeed another in the enjoyment of property or rank, upon the death of the latter; one who so succeeds; in general use, one who receives or is entitled to receive property of any kind as the legal representative of a former owner.
__The word is correctly applied to either a male or a female, although, in the latter sense, HEIRESS has been in general use since 17th c. In Law a person is not called an heir to any property until, through the death of its possessor, he becomes entitled to it (nemo est heres viventis).

edit: toned down ad-homish kneejerk response...
post #9 of 21
That's the perfect thing to put on my Freedom Fries.
orange you just glad?
orange you just glad?
post #10 of 21
I love how they have a thank you to Ronald Reagan on the about page for having 'won the cold war'. Why bother with expensive celebrity endorsements when you can create the illusion of an endorsement much more cheaply by simply thanking a dead guy. Next to a big photo.

http://www.wketchup.com/about/
post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally posted by staphbaby
If there's anything worse than a pedant, it's an incorrect pedant.

From the Oxford English Dictionary (2 ed.):

You're right, nothing worse that an incorrect pedant unless it is a pedant who is incorrect in his correcting of another pedant . . . . reread his post: 'heir' was in reference to Teresa Heinz Kerry's first husband . . . and, since it would be inappropriate to refer to him as an 'heiress', he was correct, and your correction was wrong.
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrong Robot

Oh god...
post #13 of 21
That's some irony, really. Teresa Heinz-Kerry was a lifelong Republican (like her father) who joined the Democratic party only just in time to cast a primary vote for her husband.

Edit: Eh, meant "late husband", not "father". Didn't mean to imply some Freudian thing there, but the reference to her second husband must have thrown off my wetware insta-grammar checker.
post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally posted by Towel
That's some irony, really. Theresa Heinz-Kerry was a lifelong Republican (like her father) who joined the Democratic party only just in time to cast a primary vote for her husband.

Her father wasn't an American, and didn't even live in a democracy, and she didn't become an american citizen until her 30s. I'm sure she became a republican when she married her republican husband, but even he was a moderate republican, and while she was still a republican, and before she married Kerry, she spoke out against conservative Santorum when he ran for her husband's senate seat.
post #15 of 21
Screw it...I'm going to start making my own ketchup.

http://southernfood.about.com/librar...9/bl90718g.htm
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrong Robot

Man you stole my joke!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally posted by BRussell
I'm sure she became a republican when she married her republican husband, but even he was a moderate republican, and while she was still a republican, and before she married Kerry, she spoke out against conservative Santorum when he ran for her husband's senate seat.

That's kind of a funny thing to say. Do you mean that since she (and her late husband) were "moderate" Republicans, they might as well be Democrats? That's certainly been one of the threads pushed by the Republican ledership of late, that there should be no such thing as a moderate Republican. Or do you rather mean that, as a moderate Republican, it's no surprise that she could find herself alienated by the Republican extremism embodied by this administration, as so many other moderates have been?

Either way, it's an interesting thing to say..."yeah, maybe she'd been a Republican for over thirty years, but she was a *moderate* Republican."
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally posted by Towel
That's kind of a funny thing to say. Do you mean that since she (and her late husband) were "moderate" Republicans, they might as well be Democrats? That's certainly been one of the threads pushed by the Republican ledership of late, that there should be no such thing as a moderate Republican. Or do you rather mean that, as a moderate Republican, it's no surprise that she could find herself alienated by the Republican extremism embodied by this administration, as so many other moderates have been?

Either way, it's an interesting thing to say..."yeah, maybe she'd been a Republican for over thirty years, but she was a *moderate* Republican."

Just providing some context. Some have criticized THK for switching parties just when her husband was running against Bush. But I think it can be argued that Bush has been a pretty radical republican - the tax and budget policies, the pre-emptive war, the gay amendment - and so I think a republican who spoke out against Santorum could legitimately claim they're being consistent when they go against the Republican party of 2004.

She claims that she left the party for the way they ran against Max Cleland in 2002. That sounds a little too neat, but as you say, it's not hard to legitimately claim that as a moderate, the Bush republicans left you rather than the other way around.
post #19 of 21
I have always preferred Heinz to any other brand. I can't stand Hunts.
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally posted by NaplesX
I have always preferred Heinz to any other brand. I can't stand Hunts.

Same here. I actually prefer the ketchup packets to the bottle. (You know-- it being communist not to use individual packets. ) But seriously, they must have more sugar or something. It does taste different!
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnJ
Same here. I actually prefer the ketchup packets to the bottle. (You know-- it being communist not to use individual packets. ) But seriously, they must have more sugar or something. It does taste different!

I've been to the factory in Pitt. Pretty impressive.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Keep them democrats outta your kitchen!